Shoutbox

Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger (/showthread.php?tid=58798)

Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger by wedge37 on 04-26-2006 at 11:41 PM

Hi, basically, the thread title is what my problem is. Since I installed WLM, then uninstalled it completely, and installed MSN 7.5, Plus doesn't detect MSN anymore...even though it's obvious MSN 7.5 is installed. I've tried uninstalling Messenger Plus! then reinstalling it, which didn't work at all. I'm clueless as to what's wrong.

System: Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2 (English language)
             Not sure what version of Messenger Plus! I'm using because I can't even check, due to the problem I'm having. It's the latest released version, as far as I know.

RE: Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger by qgroessl on 04-26-2006 at 11:45 PM

press ctrl+alt+del and make sure the msgplus.exe process is running... If it isn't, go into your program files--->messenger plus... then run the executable file and then completely exit and reopen MSN Messenger.

RE: Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger by wedge37 on 04-26-2006 at 11:49 PM

When I try to open Messenger Plus, I get an error message saying: "Sorry, but you must have Messenger 4.6 (mininum) installed on your system for Messenger Plus! to work properly" then it closes the process itself. So, any ideas what to do, the only thing I can think of is a reformat of the HD and start clean, which would be tedious.

RE: Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger by ins4ne on 04-27-2006 at 12:18 AM

format disk... yeah sometimes its the only way to resolve a problem, but there must be another way... must search for it...

RE: Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger by RebelSean on 04-27-2006 at 12:26 AM

Try this:

Uninstall MSN Messenger 7.5 + Messenger Plus! (Make SURE you're using the latest version available, 3.63.148). Reboot your system, then install the latest version of MSN Messenger 7.5 (Might even want to try a fresh download, http://messenger.msn.com). Then install Messenger Plus! and see if that works.

RE: Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger by wedge37 on 04-27-2006 at 12:27 AM

Really, I've tried everything I could think of, so I think the only thing I can do is to wipe the HD and start again. Thanks anyway. :)

RE: Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger by qgroessl on 04-27-2006 at 12:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wedge37
Really, I've tried everything I could think of, so I think the only thing I can do is to wipe the HD and start again. Thanks anyway. :)

In my opinion you're better off waiting the month (or so) till it's all public... I mean... wiping your hard drive kinda sucks ass even if you back up a lot of stuff :p
RE: Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger by wedge37 on 04-27-2006 at 12:31 AM

Till what's all public? ^o)

RE: Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger by ins4ne on 04-27-2006 at 12:42 AM

WLM and its + i suppose...

RE: Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger by Hank on 04-27-2006 at 12:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by wedge37
Hi, basically, the thread title is what my problem is. Since I installed WLM, then uninstalled it completely, and installed MSN 7.5, Plus doesn't detect MSN anymore...even though it's obvious MSN 7.5 is installed. I've tried uninstalling Messenger Plus! then reinstalling it, which didn't work at all. I'm clueless as to what's wrong.

System: Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2 (English language)
             Not sure what version of Messenger Plus! I'm using because I can't even check, due to the problem I'm having. It's the latest released version, as far as I know.

do you actually have Windows messenger installed? if not install it . update it to the latest which is 5.1, it should work
RE: Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger by wedge37 on 04-27-2006 at 01:34 AM

I don't have that installed. Where can I get it from? The Windows XP CD or what?

RE: Messenger Plus doesn't detect MSN Messenger by Hank on 04-27-2006 at 01:47 AM

yeah windowsXP CD or Microsoft website...click on i think the Downloads link on there www.microsoft.com site
Windows Messenger 5.1 Download

or im sure you can download it Via Windows Update an click on ' Custom' download  an choose the one you wanna download