Shoutbox

Should i date her? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Should i date her? (/showthread.php?tid=58804)

Should i date her? by msnDeamon on 04-27-2006 at 05:55 AM

A girl asked me to date her but she is border line pretty if you know what i mean .. a bit two faced ... sometimes a bit pretty and sometimes kinda not that pretty ^o)

I told her i would get back at here with my answer cause i wasnt sure ... what would you do? 8-|

RE: Should i date her? by Stigmata on 04-27-2006 at 06:24 AM

umm whats her personality like?

i mean, is she two faced in the sense that she will go behind your back and say things?

RE: Should i date her? by Fuzzles on 04-27-2006 at 06:34 AM

That was my thought, are meaning you are being shallow or as in personality. Really your the only one who can choose :)

Choose wisely:P

RE: Should i date her? by msnDeamon on 04-27-2006 at 06:38 AM

hehe .. no she is kinda nice to me all the time though so i gotta admit the two face is more only on the outside ;)

RE: Should i date her? by user27089 on 04-27-2006 at 06:46 AM

So what... she literally has two faces 8-).

What is with all of the threads about relationships and stuff on the forum lately :|

RE: Should i date her? by msnDeamon on 04-27-2006 at 06:50 AM

haha its a bit as in one of the seinfeld episodes .. in certain places she looks pretty and in other not at all ... but i think im having a good sleep now and tomorrow ill give it a yes and try it ... Ill give personality a shot ;)

RE: Should i date her? by NiteMare on 04-27-2006 at 06:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
What is with all of the threads about relationships and stuff on the forum lately
its spring, love is in the air
quote:
Originally posted by msnDeamon
but i think im having a good sleep now
always sleep on big desisions, your sub-consious makes better desisions then you do, atleast for the big ones
RE: RE: Should i date her? by s7a5 on 04-27-2006 at 06:53 AM

quote:
So what... she literally has two faces 8-).

What is with all of the threads about relationships and stuff on the forum lately :|

It's Sping Time !!! (H)

msnDeamon - Go for date anyways, even if you don't like her it will give you the edge and you will have more experience when dealing with girls.

On a date, act calm and confident. I donno about you but I love shit-testing girls. One of the technique I use, I get around 500-1000$ form ATM b4 I go to a date, and put my money (with a money clip) on the side of the table along with my cell phone. So as we eat, I observe how many time she is looking on the money, and sometimes I remark that they are trying to count how much money is in there. Well, its just a lil test to see if she is gready or not. Usually when it happens to me I dont date her ever again... :P
RE: Should i date her? by user27089 on 04-27-2006 at 07:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by msnDeamon
haha its a bit as in one of the seinfeld episodes .. in certain places she looks pretty and in other not at all ... but i think im having a good sleep now and tomorrow ill give it a yes and try it ... Ill give personality a shot ;)

What does it matter if she's pretty or not, if you like her, then go for it.
RE: Should i date her? by John Anderton on 04-27-2006 at 07:04 AM

A) Asking randomers online is sick
B) If you go for looks in a girl then my lord you are about to get some serious surprises

Decide yourself or ask close friends who know you and/or her. If you dont have friends to ask, im sorry, but you should be out there getting close friends rather than sitting online :P

Sorry if my views seem dodgy but i just dont like people asking random people online about such stuff. Someone is fit to comment only if he/she knows you and/or her personally, knows the current "situation" etc.

RE: Should i date her? by NiteMare on 04-27-2006 at 07:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by s7a5
One of the technique I use, I get around 500-1000$ form ATM b4 I go to a date, and put my money (with a money clip) on the side of the table along with my cell phone. So as we eat, I observe how many time she is looking on the money, and sometimes I remark that they are trying to count how much money is in there. Well, its just a lil test to see if she is gready or not. Usually when it happens to me I dont date her ever again...
horrable method, IMO:
a. somebody with quick fingers could walk off with it
b. it would still probualy draw their attention because thats alot of money and its more curiousity as to why would would carry that around and show it off? are you trying to bost? show her you have lost of money
c. if the waitors see it, the will think "that guys loaded, he'll leave big tips or spend lots" so you'll be bothered all night:P

RE: RE: Should i date her? by s7a5 on 04-27-2006 at 07:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
A) Asking randomers online is sick
B) If you go for looks in a girl then my lord you are about to get some serious surprises

Decide yourself or ask close friends who know you and/or her. If you dont have friends to ask, im sorry, but you should be out there getting close friends rather than sitting online :P

Sorry if my views seem dodgy but i just dont like people asking random people online about such stuff. Someone is fit to comment only if he/she knows you and/or her personally, knows the current "situation" etc.

Sorry to bring it up but I completely disagree :)

A) See the thing is when you ask other people's advices online or in person you probably will get their expertise. It doesn't matter on the situation and personality of the person. Guys usually try to "lick girls ass" and think that she is gonna like them. Don't act like a wussbag and never give a girl EXACTLY what she wants.

B) Do you want to end up being with ugly girl then??? Not me :)
I love surprises, they are fun, especially when you know how to deal with them. Frankly, nothing surprises me anymore because I'm prepared for anything. You just how to take things easy. When she wants you to feel shit, you usually become defensive and start arguing. WRONG!!! You have to take it easy and enjoy everything she does to keep you off control by acting unaffected to everything she throws at you.

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
One of the technique I use, I get around 500-1000$ form ATM b4 I go to a date, and put my money (with a money clip) on the side of the table along with my cell phone. So as we eat, I observe how many time she is looking on the money, and sometimes I remark that they are trying to count how much money is in there. Well, its just a lil test to see if she is gready or not. Usually when it happens to me I dont date her ever again...
horrable method, IMO:
b. it would still probualy draw their attention because thats alot of money and its more curiousity as to why would would carry that around and show it off? are you trying to bost? show her you have lost of money
c. if the waitors see it, the will think "that guys loaded, he'll leave big tips or spend lots" so you'll be bothered all night:P

Well, when I go out on a date I don;t go to McDonalds type restaurants. I prefer to leave my wallet at home and keep my cash and cards in my pocket. Sure it will draw their attention, but starring at it constantly is not a usual type of reaction you would expect from a girl. Yes in fact, when waitress sees lots of cash sitting on the table they try to serve you better because they expect high tips, and you know what, I like having a great service... dont u?
RE: RE: RE: Should i date her? by segosa on 04-27-2006 at 07:28 AM

quote:
B) Do you want to end up being with ugly girl then??? Not me :)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... someone who may seem average to you can turn into the best looking person in the world (to you) if you fall in love with them. The chances you'll fall in love with someone and think they're ugly and question yourself "why am I with someone so ugly?" is very small.
RE: Should i date her? by s7a5 on 04-27-2006 at 07:38 AM

quote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
ye i know this say...

I completely agree with u and I didn't mean that an average looking girl is not a right choice. As a matter of fact, I even like them more because girls who try to look very beatiful and super-dupper sexy by using make-up products and wearing sexy cloth tell me: "Hey, look at me, my "looks" is all I've got !!"
To me, a perfect girl has to appear attractive not only by her looks but by her personality. She must be somewhat mysterious that will continue the attraction grow.
RE: Should i date her? by Pyroteq on 04-27-2006 at 08:08 AM

Whats with all the relationship threads.. You either like her or you dont.. Or even if you dont, then you either want to get with her or you dont.. Asking people onine that dont know the girl is a bit stupid.

Good luck whichever way you choose anyways.

RE: Should i date her? by Felu on 04-27-2006 at 09:25 AM

If u adore her, then go for it.

RE: Should i date her? by -Bogan- on 04-27-2006 at 09:41 AM

Or be a player and go out with her till u find something better...

RE: Should i date her? by msnDeamon on 04-27-2006 at 03:48 PM

hehe thats a bit true too ... but anyways thanks people, your input is appreciated :D

RE: Should i date her? by paperless on 04-27-2006 at 03:59 PM

quote:
quote:
What is with all of the threads about relationships and stuff on the forum lately
its spring, love is in the air

I ask myself if that is really true because its hapenning with me..

---

If you dont like her and shes hot go on at least you have some fun.

If you dont like her and shes ugly then you are crazy if you are even thinking about doing it.

If you like her whether shes pretty or not..you are a lucky mofo and you will obviusly lose a big chance by not dating her.

See? its really that easy.

quote:
She must be somewhat mysterious that will continue the attraction grow.

Hell yeah..

My friends dont understand why i like this girl because shes not thaat hot.
Shes not ugly either but i find her personality .. wonderful.
RE: Should i date her? by Tasha on 04-27-2006 at 04:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless

If you dont like her and shes hot go on at least you have some fun.

That is REALLY shallow and selfish, I don't know who she is, what's she's like, but I think most decent girls would rather NOT be screwed around with.

But yeah, if you like her, maybe get to know her a little better before you date her, so you can get to know about her personality a bit and that. :happy:

RE: Should i date her? by paperless on 04-27-2006 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
That is REALLY shallow and selfish

That would be terribly shallow and selfish if she wouldnt have fun as well or if i used just for my pelasure, in this case im talking about both having fun.
RE: Should i date her? by Fanta on 04-27-2006 at 04:44 PM

Sometimes it really is interesting to see guys discuss girls. 8-)

Seriously, don't treat others like you wouldn't want to be treated yourself. Going by looks alone is, in all honesty, quite stupid. Looks don't last or will help you through difficult times. Of course you can dump the other person if their looks change, but that says enough about your own personality. And it's not saying a lot of positive things.

RE: Should i date her? by paperless on 04-27-2006 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fanta
Sometimes it really is interesting to see guys discuss girls. 8-)

Seriously, don't treat others like you wouldn't want to be treated yourself. Going by looks alone is, in all honesty, quite stupid. Looks don't last or will help you through difficult times. Of course you can dump the other person if their looks change, but that says enough about your own personality. And it's not saying a lot of positive things.

OMG i said it once and now i have to repeat..

I was talking about a "looks relationship" where BOTH were on just for the looks not just the guy or just the girl...

No doubt the relationship isnt going to last but at least they BOTH have fun for a while.
RE: RE: RE: Should i date her? by CookieRevised on 04-27-2006 at 05:41 PM

quote:

quote:
quote:
horrable method, IMO:
Well, when I go out on a date I don;t go to McDonalds type restaurants. I prefer to leave my wallet at home and keep my cash and cards in my pocket. Sure it will draw their attention, but starring at it constantly is not a usual type of reaction you would expect from a girl. Yes in fact, when waitress sees lots of cash sitting on the table they try to serve you better because they expect high tips, and you know what, I like having a great service... dont u?

errrrrr..
"not a usual type of reaction you would expect from a girl."??

tbh... that's the most rediculus "test" I've heared to 'size up' a girl or to see if they are greedy... of course they are going to stare at it! Everybody would...

Most of the people (not only the girls) would simply think "what a show-off, careless with money, etc..."

Unless you're happy with the stupid naieve blond one who thinks "wow he's loaded I'll jump right at him"

Either your date thinks:
"he has lot a of money, but is a big show-off and careless"
or
"he pretends (aka lying) to be loaded and is trying to impress me with money"

I dunno which one is worse, but they both say negative stuff about you and your "technique" and don't tell a thing about a girl being greedy or not.

...sorry

to quote some people:
quote:
Originally posted by segosa
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...
quote:
Originally posted by GHOST OF DA AGES
If u adore her, then go for it.

And don't use lame tricks to check a girl out... be yourself (as much as possible).
RE: Should i date her? by Fanta on 04-27-2006 at 08:39 PM

Paperless.. I'm sorry, but where in my post do I indicate that I was reacting to you and only your post? :) you make it sound like I annoyed you by giving a general opinion. OPINION. GENERAL. So Im sorry if I offended you in anway way but could you please stop taking a post personal when it's not clearly directed at you?

RE: Should i date her? by paperless on 04-27-2006 at 08:43 PM

quote:
Paperless.. I'm sorry, but where in my post do I indicate that I was reacting to you and only your post? :) you make it sound like I annoyed you by giving a general opinion. OPINION. GENERAL. So Im sorry if I offended you in anway way but could you please stop taking a post personal when it's not clearly directed at you?

You didnt indicate but you replied just after my post with nearly same arguments as tasha which led me to think that i hadnt explain well myself.
RE: Should i date her? by mwe99 on 04-27-2006 at 09:09 PM

If you're asking people you barely know (aka a forum) whether YOU should date the person or not then no.

It's YOUR decision and only YOU can make it....

RE: RE: Should i date her? by Fanta on 04-27-2006 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
quote:

You didnt indicate but you replied just after my post with nearly same arguments as tasha which led me to think that i hadnt explain well myself.

Well as you can see, it's quite clear when I reply directly to you :)
RE: Should i date her? by brian on 04-27-2006 at 09:45 PM

Heh, I would've done the same thread except when everything went well, some SOB asked before me.  So I'm waiting in line, I guess.  =P

RE: Should i date her? by NiteMare on 04-27-2006 at 09:55 PM

quote:
Yes in fact, when waitress sees lots of cash sitting on the table they try to serve you better because they expect high tips, and you know what, I like having a great service... dont u?
yeah but i was at a restraunt once and then guy beside me has something similar to you, he had a think wallet out on the table, so when he paid in cash tehy waiters too a 35% on the bill, and when he only left a 10%, they took there tip out first then said he didn't pay enough for his dinner and wouldn't let him leave
RE: Should i date her? by Voldemort on 04-27-2006 at 09:57 PM

* Voldemort thinks you should decide by yourself, and agrees with Cookie and Fanta.

RE: Should i date her? by paperless on 04-27-2006 at 09:57 PM

quote:
Well as you can see, it's quite clear when I reply directly to you :)

Hypocrisis in its max..
RE: Should i date her? by ins4ne on 04-27-2006 at 11:17 PM

if you like her, date her...

RE: Should i date her? by s7a5 on 04-28-2006 at 12:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised

errrrrr..
"not a usual type of reaction you would expect from a girl."??

tbh... that's the most rediculus "test" I've heared to 'size up' a girl or to see if they are greedy... of course they are going to stare at it! Everybody would...

Most of the people (not only the girls) would simply think "what a show-off, careless with money, etc..."

Unless you're happy with the stupid naieve blond one who thinks "wow he's loaded I'll jump right at him"

Either your date thinks:
"he has lot a of money, but is a big show-off and careless"
or
"he pretends (aka lying) to be loaded and is trying to impress me with money"

I dunno which one is worse, but they both say negative stuff about you and your "technique" and don't tell a thing about a girl being greedy or not.

...sorry

First of all, I don't do it on every date.
Second, as I mentioned earlier, I take out most of the things I have in my pockets and put it on the side of the table because it makes me feel more comfortable. Girls usually do the same thing, they put their purse on the side of the table too. What's so unusual about this? By doing this, I don't want to show her that I'm rich and loaded, it's just a typical pattren most people do when they go to restaurants, they put stuff on the side of the table.
Ofcourse a girl is gonna look on my stuff, but sometimes they make it so obvious and their eyes become gready. That's usually enough for me to realize what she really wants from me. And no, Im not a type of guy who is gonna buy a chick gifts and give money to sleep with her.

quote:

yeah but i was at a restraunt once and then guy beside me has something similar to you, he had a think wallet out on the table, so when he paid in cash tehy waiters too a 35% on the bill, and when he only left a 10%, they took there tip out first then said he didn't pay enough for his dinner and wouldn't let him leave

Well shit happens, but never happened to me :)
I donno about your country, but here it's usually 15%, but the guy gave only 10%. That's probably the reason they didn't let him go because he didnt pay the other 5% or maybe they wanted to rip him off, who knows..
Well in my case, I already know places I go and I never had similar problems. In case I will, I wont be talking with a waiter, I'll ask manager to come over and discuss the problem with him. Of course I will point out that it's their inconvinience and I will never come to their restaurent anymore. The manager will be appologetic and my girl will only like me more because I know how to handle situations. See, I will only enjoy the outcome without a penny lost.

I saw one trick in some TV show, can't remeber which one, but it went like this. A guy went for a date with his girl in some restaurent. Once he saw the waiter, he took out 10 one dollar bills (that's 10$ in total) and put them on the table and said: " Everytime you'll do something I don't like I'll take out few bucks, but everytime You do something I like I will add" So the waiter tried his best to please them and still he ended up with about 7$ tips :P
In case you're wondering what type of things a waiter can do you don't like is bringing you a dirty glass, or it takes him long time to bring you smth you ordered etc etc.. stuff like that

RE: Should i date her? by NiteMare on 04-28-2006 at 12:43 AM

quote:
That's probably the reason they didn't let him go because he didnt pay the other 5%
bull shit, :P i'll tip what ever i want:P and they can't stop me for that:P
RE: Should i date her? by Joe on 04-28-2006 at 01:12 AM

If you know she's two-faced beforehand... it's not gonna work out... been there.. done that... keep looking

RE: Should i date her? by -Bogan- on 04-28-2006 at 02:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joe cool
If you know she's two-faced beforehand... it's not gonna work out... been there.. done that... keep looking

Screw that if she's hot do as I said before and just go her till u find a girl u want...

Seems to work......
RE: Should i date her? by Joe on 04-28-2006 at 02:58 AM

looks do not build relationships

RE: RE: Should i date her? by CookieRevised on 04-28-2006 at 08:57 AM

quote:
First of all, I don't do it on every date.
Second, as I mentioned earlier, I take out most of the things I have in my pockets and put it on the side of the table because it makes me feel more comfortable. Girls usually do the same thing, they put their purse on the side of the table too. What's so unusual about this?
I'm not talking about putting your cellphone or keys on the side of the table or whatever, but about:
quote:
One of the technique I use, I get around 500-1000$ form ATM b4 I go to a date, and put my money (with a money clip) on the side of the table along with my cell phone. So as we eat, I observe how many time she is looking on the money........
I never ever seen anybody in their right mind putting that amount of money in plain sight on a table...

There is a major difference between putting your cellphone, keys and/or purse on a table and putting a big pile of loose money on a table... Of course people are going to wonder about the money when they see it...
RE: Should i date her? by Pyroteq on 04-28-2006 at 09:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
I never ever seen anybody in their right mind putting that amount of money in plain sight on a table...

There is a major difference between putting your cellphone, keys and/or purse on a table and putting a big pile of loose money on a table... Of course people are going to wonder about that when they see it...

Ive never seen anyone in thier right mind even carrying that amount of money without a purpose.. I dont think you really do that s7a5..
RE: Should i date her? by s7a5 on 04-28-2006 at 01:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Ive never seen anyone in thier right mind even carrying that amount of money without a purpose.. I dont think you really do that s7a5..
I did it couple of times, not that i do it every date. :)