Shoutbox

ANOTHER WLM bug - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: ANOTHER WLM bug (/showthread.php?tid=58811)

ANOTHER WLM bug by YourNeibour on 04-27-2006 at 01:27 PM

I found this bug,

when you type sometimes 2 messages in a row I don't get the Me Types to:

RE: ANOTHER WLM bug by Felu on 04-27-2006 at 01:28 PM

Well wlm is at a testing stage and there could be bugs. Report to microsoft.

RE: ANOTHER WLM bug by YourNeibour on 04-27-2006 at 01:31 PM

I know but makes me feel beter to do it here :)

RE: ANOTHER WLM bug by Zahid™ on 04-27-2006 at 03:11 PM

No thats a new feature, you can turn it off by going into Tools>Options>Messages and tick Show "contacts says:" before every message.

RE: ANOTHER WLM bug by YourNeibour on 04-27-2006 at 03:45 PM

Sometimes it does it and sometimes it doesn't so don't think that a feature is it?

RE: ANOTHER WLM bug by Exca on 04-27-2006 at 05:50 PM

Turn off the timestamps. You sometimes dó get the message 'me says' as timestamps are showed in that header. If there is a new minute started in your windows clock the next message in a row will come under a 'me says' header. Until the next minute it will be placed under the same header. Turning off timestamps will place all messages of yourself under eachother. Turning on 'me says' thing in options of messenger makes that you always get the 'me says' header as it used to be.

RE: ANOTHER WLM bug by RebelSean on 04-27-2006 at 09:53 PM

What build of WLM are you using? If you're using the latest leaked branches version, there are many issues with the "remove the "says:" option.

RE: ANOTHER WLM bug by Funness on 04-28-2006 at 11:49 AM

Since you are talking about the leaked internal beta.. I would like to point out it fails to save my settings (I have to change it to display by name and then back to display by e-mail ect.)

RE: ANOTHER WLM bug by Hank on 04-28-2006 at 12:01 PM

fails to do a lot, but as there have been a number of internal builds those bugs are bound o be fixed, thats why i havent been bothered to report them or to mention it here

RE: ANOTHER WLM bug by YourNeibour on 04-28-2006 at 01:16 PM

It is the internal build of WLM (latest) I guess I should use it till an "official" beta build is released?

RE: ANOTHER WLM bug by Scare on 04-28-2006 at 06:56 PM

if your thinking what im thinking.. it might just work for me but, if you type one or more messages without the other person saying anything, it usually adds whatever you typed in into the last message.
Sorry but i dont know of any way of turning it off

RE: ANOTHER WLM bug by Zahid™ on 04-28-2006 at 06:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Zahid™
Tools>Options>Messages and tick Show "contacts says:" before every message.

RE: ANOTHER WLM bug by Exca on 04-29-2006 at 10:07 PM

just untick timestamps... timestamps are showed in the 'me says' header. When a new minute hits it will be showed as soon as possible, in the next message, with a 'me says' header. Because in that header timestamps are showed. A change in time -> notify in the next message... in the header ofcourse

Obvious? That's why you sometimes do get the header!