Shoutbox

Adding a Background to WLM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Adding a Background to WLM (/showthread.php?tid=58841)

Adding a Background to WLM by MattyRid on 04-28-2006 at 03:42 AM

Now what I need to know more so about this what size does it need to be as I've tried different backgrounds and I can't seem to get the right size. So does anyone know what the size of the background should be?

If you want to try and re size the picture I'm using please PM me as I will not post this picture on the internet at all.

Cheers,
TheItalianStallion

RE: Adding a Background to WLM by aNILEator on 04-28-2006 at 06:50 AM

background for what? the contact list or conversations

as the background list picture 'grows from' the bottom right corner until it touches the left hand side then it will start to reshape and resize the picture to fit.

and conversation backgrounds change all the time depending on your convo box size

RE: RE: Adding a Background to WLM by MattyRid on 04-28-2006 at 06:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
background for waht? the contact list or conversations

:$ I forgot...it's for the contact list window:$
RE: Adding a Background to WLM by aNILEator on 04-28-2006 at 07:25 AM

re-read my post i edited it, but basically place it inside your messenger program folder and call it lvback.gif

RE: Adding a Background to WLM by MattyRid on 04-28-2006 at 07:31 AM

Thanks Fukafly, as I said I knew how to put it in but to work out the size is going to be the issue. Well time for me to get cracking on it.

Cheers,
TheItalianStallion

RE: Adding a Background to WLM by CookieRevised on 04-28-2006 at 09:13 AM

As Fukafly said, the background pictures are all shown as-is and stretched when they are too big to be shown fully. If you resize the windows the picture will stretch with it if it is too small. In other words, size doesn't matter as it depends on the size of your windows; there is no fixed/default size.

RE: Adding a Background to WLM by MattyRid on 04-28-2006 at 11:06 AM

Well it looks as though I've got it going. Once again thanks for all your help :)