Shoutbox

Rapidshare Help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Rapidshare Help (/showthread.php?tid=58862)

Rapidshare Help by M73A on 04-28-2006 at 08:45 PM

i keep getting errors with rapidshare...

e.g.:

quote:
You have requested the file p_Bicak_2.rar (83357 KB). This file has been downloaded 48 times already.
IMPORTANT: Download-accelerators are only supported with a PREMIUM-Account!

You have downloaded 39870 KB. Want to download more?
Get your own Premium-account now! Instant download-access! (Or wait 22 minutes)

i havent been able to download anything in months, so that is obviously bull! ......because i get this message:

quote:
Download-session invalid. Please click here.

Possible reasons:

Download-session expired. Direct-links last a few minutes for free users and a few days for premium-users.
You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL, try a different browser.

any tips? or help?

thanks
RE: Rapidshare Help by Reaper on 04-28-2006 at 09:00 PM

I get the first message all the time, but I usually wait then I can download the file fine.

RE: Rapidshare Help by M73A on 04-28-2006 at 09:01 PM

i havent had the first message in a while.. so i waited and then got the second error :@

RE: Rapidshare Help by Reaper on 04-28-2006 at 09:02 PM

Any changes to your computer hardware or software which may have changed it?

RE: Rapidshare Help by M73A on 04-28-2006 at 09:04 PM

nope! it used to work fine on both computers and ever since about christmas its been doing this!

RE: Rapidshare Help by Voldemort on 04-28-2006 at 09:07 PM

Tried a Proxy?

RE: Rapidshare Help by M73A on 04-28-2006 at 09:12 PM

not to familiar with them? can you help me out?

RE: Rapidshare Help by Reaper on 04-28-2006 at 09:17 PM

www.projectbypass.com
phproxy.org

RE: Rapidshare Help by Voldemort on 04-28-2006 at 09:19 PM

Of course!
enter
http://www.unblocker.net/
Type the rapidshare link there... continue as if you where browsing normally...
see if it works... you can add me to wlm if you need more help... its pretty easy..

RE: Rapidshare Help by M73A on 04-28-2006 at 09:31 PM

none of the links work :(

project bypass give loads of errors but works... only problem is it doesnt show the code you have to type in.

and the other too just go back to the page where you choose free or premium everytime you press free.

RE: Rapidshare Help by Voldemort on 04-28-2006 at 10:05 PM

Damn, the proxy acted weird...
Hmm...
* Voldemort google problem

RE: Rapidshare Help by M73A on 04-28-2006 at 10:07 PM

ive googled too... poeople have said
clear cookies... doesnt work...
enter the code straight away.... doesnt work
try proxies....doesnt work (so far)
its just frustrating! im thinking of buying a premium account for £6.70... but its just annoying cause everyone else can get if for free

RE: Rapidshare Help by rav0 on 04-29-2006 at 05:22 AM

What kind of connection do you have to the internet?

RE: Rapidshare Help by John Anderton on 04-29-2006 at 05:30 AM

M73A: Clear your cache and cookies. If your isp gives you a dynamic ip then you'll need to download the file from the same session you opened the link from. Other than that there is pretty much nothing you can do other than use a proxy

RE: Rapidshare Help by M73A on 04-29-2006 at 09:26 AM

broadband through router....

whats a dynamic ip?

RE: Rapidshare Help by Jhrono on 04-29-2006 at 10:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_IP#IP_address_allocation

IP Allocation
Dynamic allocation, the only method which provides dynamic re-use of IP addresses. A network administrator assigns a range of IP addresses to DHCP, and each client computer on the LAN has its TCP/IP software configured to request an IP address from the DHCP server when that client computer's network interface card starts up. The request-and-grant process uses a lease concept with a controllable time period. This eases the network installation procedure on the client computer side considerably

Which means that a dynamic IP adress is granted for X time by your ISP. After that time, your IP will be renewed to a different one.
RE: RE: Rapidshare Help by rav0 on 04-29-2006 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
whats a dynamic ip?
IP address need to be paid for. Some ISPs take a risk and not buy enough IP addresses for all  of their customers. They figure that not everybody will be online at the same time, and so just buy some IP addresses. When anybody comes online, they get an IP address which isn't in use at that time assigned to them. When you disconnect*, that IP address will get assigned to somebody else who comes online.

This means that the IP address which you get is second hand, and whatever the previous user(s) did at Rapidshare has carried over to you.

* Disconnections are when you disconnect. Some login clients (this might be built in to your router if it's also a modem) will auto disconnect you when your idle. They connect you automatically when you're active as well, so you wont know that you've actually had more than one session online, but you will have, and you will have gotten a new IP address. In rare cases, even ISPs will boot you off after a period of idle time.