Shoutbox

calling all skaters - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: calling all skaters (/showthread.php?tid=58882)

calling all skaters by stoshrocket on 04-29-2006 at 04:12 PM

im getting back into boarding and saved up for a decent board, i want something technical for mainly flatland tricks and flips, anyone recommend a good deck? (or even a complete?!) for about £50-60, i just want a decent board but something thats not dead heavy and horrible... i know its not alot but meh, anyone got any recommendations? or maybe just recommendations of whole labels, like i was gonna get an enjoi deck but my mate told me they crack alot after 3 weeks of use....

edit: £55 is about $100 USD

RE: calling all skaters by user27089 on 04-29-2006 at 04:15 PM

Karma decks are really nice decks to skate on, they're really strong and really light :).

RE: calling all skaters by tony on 04-29-2006 at 04:22 PM

try to find this one http://membres.lycos.fr/darkstarmullen/hpbimg/muska%20deck.gif

i havent skate like 5 o 6 years now :D and used to skate when THPS1 was released for PS1 :D

RE: calling all skaters by stoshrocket on 04-29-2006 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tony
try to find this one http://membres.lycos.fr/darkstarmullen/hpbimg/muska%20deck.gif

i havent skate like 5 o 6 years now :D and used to skate when THPS1 was released for PS1 :D

looks like a really nice board, chad muska used to be one of my favs until i saw the rodney mullen stuff :P although cos its a muska board im guessing its gonna be out of my league anyway... :undecided:
RE: calling all skaters by ins4ne on 04-29-2006 at 05:06 PM

hawk decks suck... moni-logo is good but i dont knowe if you get them in your country... in luxembourg we have the skate & fun shop... they have really cool and good decks...

RE: calling all skaters by stoshrocket on 04-29-2006 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hardc0re
hawk decks suck... moni-logo is good but i dont knowe if you get them in your country... in luxembourg we have the skate & fun shop... they have really cool and good decks...
O-M-G!!! these decks are amazing! the mini-logo site has got to be one of the best ive been on, im planning on getting my wheels, deck and grip tape form there and its gonna cost under £30... when before i wouldn't get even a deck i was happy with for under £40!! omg <3 :P
RE: calling all skaters by aNILEator on 04-30-2006 at 10:27 AM

probably shit then, my decks cost £35 from the bargain bin in HOAX

RE: calling all skaters by Stigmata on 04-30-2006 at 01:30 PM

no point spending loads on a deck..

chances are that it will snap in like a few months...
(if you are a heavy skater)

if i was you, id head down your local shop and check out some of the local brands..

like traxor said, karma are good... try not to go mainstream brands... they dont always pay off in the end.

RE: calling all skaters by aNILEator on 04-30-2006 at 01:59 PM

i still want the BMW skateboard :P

RE: calling all skaters by user27089 on 04-30-2006 at 02:01 PM

Try your best to not be tempted to get a FLiP New Wave deck, they're apparently strengthened, but they snap really easily and they're really heavy decks, waste of money.

I used to have a Reaction deck that was amazing, I loved it! But they've gone bankrupt, which is a shame... Then I had a Girl deck, that was really good... and i also had a Karma deck which was the best :).

RE: calling all skaters by stoshrocket on 04-30-2006 at 02:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
no point spending loads on a deck..

chances are that it will snap in like a few months...
(if you are a heavy skater)

if i was you, id head down your local shop and check out some of the local brands..

like traxor said, karma are good... try not to go mainstream brands... they dont always pay off in the end.
thats just it, i dont know of any local shops... im trying to stay off mainstream anyways, except for maybe a flip deck... i dunno really, although im changing my ideas now, gonna get a slightly better one that i could probably just get away with upgrading slowly rather than buying a whole new better board when i have to money so i end up with an ace board to use. thanks for all the help!
RE: calling all skaters by user27089 on 04-30-2006 at 02:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Methos2
except for maybe a flip deck

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Try your best to not be tempted to get a FLiP New Wave deck

:p
RE: calling all skaters by Fuzzles on 05-01-2006 at 08:37 AM

i am selling my BLING/ZooYork board on ebay soon :P