Shoutbox

What in internet provider do you find the best? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: What in internet provider do you find the best? (/showthread.php?tid=58910)

What in internet provider do you find the best? by Discrate on 04-30-2006 at 10:08 AM

What internet provider do you find the best or what internet provider do people recommend? I am with telstra bigpond right now but i am looking for another internet provider.

RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by John Anderton on 04-30-2006 at 10:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
What internet provider do you find the best or what internet provider do people recommend? I am with telstra bigpond right now but i am looking for another internet provider.
Depends on which country you are in. Me telling you Sify is really good wouldnt probably help :-/
RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by -dt- on 04-30-2006 at 10:47 AM

http://www.adam.com.au
if you live in South Australia
* -dt- is applying for the adsl2 this week

RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by Pyroteq on 04-30-2006 at 11:00 AM

Im with bigpond. I think its awsome

Bigpond cable.. Unlimited Downloads, cap at 10gb.. Unlimited up/down speed..

Only downfall is that it counts both uploads and downloads in your monthly allowance..

Otherwise, iinet or Westnet.

RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by rav0 on 04-30-2006 at 11:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Discrate
What in internet provider do you find the best?
Mine!

Mine being Exetel. If you decide tosign up with Exetel, remember to PM me and get my referrer code from me. ADSL throughout Australia (via Telstra and Optus infrastructure). They are starting ADSL2, it's in testing at the moment (infrastructure from an unnamed company).

My favourite thing about Exetel is the uncounted download period. Right now it's from 02:00 to 10:00 It changes from time to time, stays between 8 and 12 hours. You get unlimited traffic in the uncounted download period. Upload is unlimited, always, so you can seed to your hearts content.

I have a blacklist of ISPs to avoid
  • Bigpond
  • Optusnet
  • AAPT
  • iPrimus
  • TPG

RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by J-Thread on 04-30-2006 at 11:08 AM

Planet internet, in The Netherlands, it's always up and very fast, I'm very happy with it!(Y)

RE: RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by rav0 on 04-30-2006 at 11:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Bigpond cable.. Unlimited Downloads, cap at 10gb.. Unlimited up/down speed..
Bigpond upload speed is 128 kbps.
quote:
Only downfall is that it counts both uploads and downloads in your monthly allowance..
That's a big downfall, especially for P2P users.
quote:
Originally posted by J-Thread
Planet internet, in The Netherlands, it's always up and very fast, I'm very happy with it!(Y)

Discrate in in Australia :S.
RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by Nathan on 04-30-2006 at 11:14 AM

Im on Demon its unlimited download and upload traffic, 2mb speed. Great (Y)

RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by Menthix on 04-30-2006 at 11:21 AM

quote:
Unlimited Downloads, cap at 10gb
Uhm.. that's no way near unlimited downloads. That's just a 10GByte download cap, wich is pretty crap for a month of broadband internet in the year 2006.

quote:
Unlimited up/down speed
There is no such thing as unlimited speed. The rules of nature do not allow such thing to exist.
RE: RE: RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by rav0 on 04-30-2006 at 11:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Im on Demon its unlimited download and upload traffic, 2mb speed. Great (Y)

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Discrate in in Australia.

RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by Hank on 04-30-2006 at 11:46 AM

http://www.iinet.net.au/ is the one i use , there pretty good an in Western Australia but have iinet exchanged everywhere in australia

RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by Pyroteq on 04-30-2006 at 11:59 AM

Menthix - 10gb Per month.

and it is unlimited speed, Fast as the network will carry me at any given time.

RE: RE: RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by J-Thread on 04-30-2006 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Discrate in in Australia :S.

He didn't say that... he just asked for good ISP's :D
RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by paperless on 04-30-2006 at 04:28 PM

www.clix.pt

RE: RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by Supersonicdarky on 04-30-2006 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Menthix - 10gb Per month.

and it is unlimited speed, Fast as the network will carry me at any given time.

i think u need to switch them around:

cap - none
up/dw - 10 mbps? (fast :D)

my schools internet is faster than mine :P (schools max speed ever seen - 24 mbps)
RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by Reload2 on 04-30-2006 at 09:08 PM

If you live in Canada, use Sympatico. I like it because you can negociate the price with them so you get a very cheap internet

RE: What in internet provider do you find the best? by Discrate on 05-01-2006 at 06:06 AM

Thanks all. I have checked out a few of the sites. Sorry i forgot to tell you i live in australia:P