Shoutbox

microdirect.... B*stards - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: microdirect.... B*stards (/showthread.php?tid=58912)

microdirect.... B*stards by aNILEator on 04-30-2006 at 11:14 AM

Well i advise you to never buy from microdirect, they have always given me a dodgy service, and recently my dad also

I got a Creative Zen Micro from them, all was ok but then about 5 months the headphone jack smelt really badly of burning electricals and no headphones or speakers would work properly they just kept crackling

i phoned up MD loads and waited loads on their shitty hold lines and then they would hang up so you'd have to do it all again, anyway when i did get through they just said go to our website its all on there, then hang up. I tried going through their website and none of the links worked or anything.

This is where i phoned them up again and asked them about returning and exchanging it, they said that their website did work and basically called me incompetent of working a PC.

(I then phoned up creative who answered the phone instantly, listened to my problems asked what if anything i had done to test or check the player, then sent me an email with a printable address label to send the player back to them for a brand new one, when i recieved it back within a week i was very happy and even happier to see they gave me the extra brand new 6GB versiion instead of my previous 5GB size)

A similar story for my auntie who bought a Rio Carbon MP3 player, except they didn't send it back to her, she then asked where the fuck it was basically and they accused her of stealing it, even though she never signed for it and they have records of who signed what and when.

(she now owns an ipod and is happy with that :P)

Then recently with my dad, he bought 10 Sat navs from them costing £1300+ and not a single one worked and they were all used and had scratches and stuff on, they took them back declared they were shit and said they would give dad a full refund by X date, X date came and went, dads card bill came in and they had charged him and not refunded him.

This was very bad as my dad had been counting on them refunding him, because he went out and bought another 10 sat navs from a local store (which work)

He went ape, phoned up MD (had same problems i had) who then said that they worked but he could have an exchange or a refund minus the cost of them picking them up and delivering them again. He then told them that 'bill' had already told them that he was goign to be recieving a full refund by X date and hasn't. He then got through to MD's 'Bill' who then got shouted at, he apologised and then explained that their accountancy and returns departments recently got new powers to do stop transactions as and when they want.

We still haven't heard anything from them in a week

Sorry its been a long post but needed to rant, places like Microdirect and eBuyer make they're money by selling old refurbished goods and they have shit service. So steer clear of them!

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by Reaper on 04-30-2006 at 12:48 PM

I havn't had any buying experience from microdirect, but seems like they are shit at what they do. eBuyer is a good site, I use it a lot. No problems whatsoever

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by Supersonicdarky on 04-30-2006 at 02:31 PM

thats why i rarely buy off the internet, dodgy service. if you buy it a store and they refuse to serve you, you can just smack them on the face :P

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by NiteMare on 04-30-2006 at 05:59 PM

the best thing to do when your on the phone with a customer service rep, and its not going your way, is to ask for a supiviosr, its those magic words to a CSR, it ends the call there and the customer feels they are getting somewhere, and in your case, you might

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by aNILEator on 04-30-2006 at 06:14 PM

Well i'm not dealing with them anymore anyway, also my dad got a direct phone number to their offices so he doesn't have to wait to moan at them anymore :P

DAMN I WISH THIS FORUM HAD BUILT IN QUICK EDIT

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by paperless on 04-30-2006 at 08:44 PM

Thats some screwed up company..

Id sue them..

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by kao on 04-30-2006 at 09:02 PM

never heard of them, so i'd never use them. I stick to decent sites like ebuyer/overclockers/misco (used dabs once but the delivery was a day or 2 late so wont be using them again =p)

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by aNILEator on 04-30-2006 at 09:07 PM

its england, people don't go sueing people other every minute detail, unlike america :P

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by paperless on 05-01-2006 at 12:00 AM

Oh you call that a minute detail?..ok..each person knows what to do with their money..

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by RaceProUK on 05-01-2006 at 12:08 AM

If you're in Manchester, try Aria down in Longsight. Service there is excellent in my experience, and they're generally cheaper than MicroDirect. Even if you're not in Manchester: http://www.aria.co.uk

Personal recommendation from me ;)

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by aNILEator on 05-01-2006 at 12:18 AM

yes but generally its not worth sueing anyone as the cost of the case is huge and then its normally not worth it in the end.

Whereas my dad will most likely have his money back next by next week. and they've lost alot of potential customers aswell as some previous customers >_<

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by Dane on 05-01-2006 at 12:49 AM

Lovely story.  But as previously stated, asking for a supervisor both pisses of the rep and usually gets you somewhere.  Luckily, I have an iPod that I bought from Apple Direct, and they have fixed the only problems I have had with it, not to mention the people on their phonelines are excellent.

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by aNILEator on 05-01-2006 at 12:53 AM

whenever i think of apples tech support i think of that ipods dirty secret video of some guy going around his towns with a stencil and graffiting on all the ipod photos. "The irreplacable battery runs out after 68 charges" or something similar

Although if its as good as creative's then they must be fucking good.

Well i'm not looking for help, just trying to spread the word that they are shit :P

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by Lou on 05-01-2006 at 12:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
unlike america
United states of america?
North America?
South America?
Central America?
RE: microdirect.... B*stards by lordy on 05-01-2006 at 01:03 AM

where do you think? 8-) everyone just calls it 'america' don't try and be a smart arse :dodgy:

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by aNILEator on 05-01-2006 at 01:03 AM

does it matter :P USA. anyway its 2AM and in 4 hours my new alarm clock will be shouting at me to get up (its a nobby talking alarm clock if you know what they are) its cute hehe

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by aNILEator on 05-06-2006 at 04:10 PM

well quick update my dads only got paid back £152 instead of £1252 we confirmed this with barcley card who said yup its their (microdirects) error.

Dad : Well thanks for confirming that i shall go give them a serious arse kicking now then
BC MAN: Yeah give them one for me aswell.

not the sort of thing i'd of expected to hear from a barclaycard man but made us giggle, microdirect are closed today so monday morning they are getting a whooping!

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by RaceProUK on 05-06-2006 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Dad : Well thanks for confirming that i shall go give them a serious arse kicking now then
BC MAN: Yeah give them one for me aswell.
Wow, bank people have a sense of humour!

PS: My arrow keys stopped working temporarily :S
RE: microdirect.... B*stards by aNILEator on 05-12-2006 at 10:17 PM

well we had an email saying that they know that they've made a 'slight mistake' but that was a week ago, and still no payment ¬_¬

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by Voldemort on 05-12-2006 at 10:55 PM

lol, thats why i never buy from the internet...

RE: microdirect.... B*stards by aNILEator on 05-12-2006 at 11:17 PM

well, it can be an arse (personally i've never been mugged off my own money) but yeah some companies can be dicks and others can be really good.

I've had some great stuff off eBay, and my nice shiny computer is from MESH and is really good :D

EDIT 2 more posts away from being 1-3-3-7