Shoutbox

WinTv Tuner Card...need help... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... (/showthread.php?tid=58973)

WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by TheMusicPirate on 05-02-2006 at 12:20 PM

hi i need help with my Wintv Tuner card. http://www.hauppauge.com/

i put it in my PCI Slot

connected all the wires, and cables to my computer, just like in the instructions. and i did scan for my channels, but all i get in a scrammbled picture, where the tv would be showing.

here is a screenshot
[Image: ScreenShot001.gif]

i also tried to contact the company for help, and they haven't answered back.

RE: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by Vilkku on 05-02-2006 at 12:34 PM

Might be a stupid question, but is your antenna cable plugged in? And is it like that on every channel?

EDIT: Do you got the drivers installed etc?

RE: RE: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by TheMusicPirate on 05-02-2006 at 12:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Might be a stupid question, but is your antenna cable plugged in? And is it like that on every channel?

i'm using a tv cable, and yes it is plugged in.
RE: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by Mike on 05-02-2006 at 12:36 PM

Are you sure that the antenna is correcly connected?
If you connect it to a TV, does it work?

Also, try using another program for watching TV using your TV card like: ChrisTV or Beyond TV (both shareware)

RE: RE: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by TheMusicPirate on 05-02-2006 at 12:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Are you sure that the antenna is correcly connected?
If you connect it to a TV, does it work?

Also, try using another program for watching TV using your TV card like: ChrisTV or Beyond TV (both shareware)

i don't have an antenna, i use cable, like the one thati connected to a tv.
RE: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by Vilkku on 05-02-2006 at 12:41 PM

When you scanned, did you have the settings correct? Mainly the format is importaint, in USA it's NTSC and in Europe it's PAL.

RE: RE: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by TheMusicPirate on 05-02-2006 at 12:42 PM

quote:
When you scanned, did you have the settings correct? Mainly the format is importaint, in USA it's NTSC and in Europe it's PAL.

i live in canada, and yes i did check the settings, and they appear correct.
RE: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by Vilkku on 05-02-2006 at 12:45 PM

In my WinTV applications there are two settings for cable, did you try with both? Also, there are upgrades for both the drivers and the application on the website. EDIT: Did it actually find any channel?

RE: RE: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by TheMusicPirate on 05-02-2006 at 01:00 PM

quote:
In my WinTV applications there are two settings for cable, did you try with both? Also, there are upgrades for both the drivers and the application on the website. EDIT: Did it actually find any channel?

i'll try that.
RE: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by Adeptus on 05-02-2006 at 04:32 PM

It looks like it isn't getting any signal.

If you are using a wall jack that you haven't used before, you may want to test it with a regular TV or some other way.  Inside cable runs to wall jacks are often left disconnected until needed (to reduce interference).

Also, my WinTV board has two cable jacks on it.  The second one is for the FM radio tuner.  If yours is the same,  that would be an easy mistake to make...

RE: RE: RE: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by Vilkku on 05-02-2006 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheMusicPirate
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus

If you are using a wall jack that you haven't used before, you may want to test it with a regular TV or some other way.  Inside cable runs to wall jacks are often left disconnected until needed (to reduce interference).

Also, my WinTV board has two cable jacks on it.  The second one is for the FM radio tuner.  If yours is the same,  that would be an easy mistake to make...

the cable jack that i am using is the one that i use for my tv, and the wintv tuner card that ihave does not hav the fm radio built in. it has a yellow plug on it, like the one for dvd players, and consoles.

So you have tried all places the cable fits in?
RE: RE: RE: RE: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by TheMusicPirate on 05-02-2006 at 05:16 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TheMusicPirate
quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus

the cable jack that i am using is the one that i use for my tv, and the wintv tuner card that ihave does not hav the fm radio built in. it has a yellow plug on it, like the one for dvd players, and consoles.

So you have tried all places the cable fits in?

there is only one place that the cable would fit, on the tv tuner card.
RE: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by rav0 on 05-04-2006 at 05:41 AM

You haven't stated what type of card you have.

If there is a yellow plug (or socket) on it, like used for DVD players and consoles, wouldn't you plus a DVD player or console (or cable decoder box) into it?

From what I understand;

• you have a video in card
  • the card does not have any tuner
  • the card has a composite video input
  • you've plugged your cable source into it
If this is how it is, then it certainly won't work, it's just not designed to, but I've made a lot of assumptions.

Could you be more specific?
RE: WinTv Tuner Card...need help... by aNILEator on 05-04-2006 at 08:59 PM

are there any x64 compatible TV cards?