Shoutbox

Bluetooth Device Driver Installation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Bluetooth Device Driver Installation (/showthread.php?tid=59026)

Bluetooth Device Driver Installation by hypedupmonkey on 05-03-2006 at 05:41 PM

I bought a Belkin Bluetooth Adapter for my Windows XP computer last year, it installed the drivers itself and the Microsoft Bluetooth Enumarator took over. Afterwards I paired and installed my Nokia N-Gage mobile phone to my PC, it added the necessary ports and drivers to use its modem functionalities and such.

Yet since then, I have restarted my PC using HP (Its a hp Pavillion PC) System Recovery. After plugging the bluetooth adapter back in, It has not installed the drivers as before and I can only send and recieve files.
I have now bought a Nokia 6670 and it has not installed the drivers for this either.

Could someone help me fix this,
Thanks,
hyped

RE: Bluetooth Device Driver Installation by Reaper on 05-03-2006 at 05:42 PM

Were there any Belkin drivers that came with the bluetooth adaptor?

RE: Bluetooth Device Driver Installation by hypedupmonkey on 05-03-2006 at 05:45 PM

Yes, they were on a disk. Yet I prefer to use the Win XP SP2 drivers

RE: Bluetooth Device Driver Installation by Reaper on 05-03-2006 at 05:48 PM

Well, the best thing to do is use the drivers that came on the CD, because that is what they are there for.

RE: Bluetooth Device Driver Installation by rav0 on 05-04-2006 at 03:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hypedupmonkey
It has not installed the drivers as before and I can only send and recieve files.
Without drivers, it isn't possible to use the device. Could you explain in more detail please?
quote:
Originally posted by hypedupmonkey
I have now bought a Nokia 6670 and it has not installed the drivers for this either.
You need drivers only for the adaptor. Any Bluetooth device can be used with it, with additional no driver installation.

PS At least try out the drivers which came with the device. The Windows drivers aren't that great.