Shoutbox

What's going on with Winks onWLM Beta? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: What's going on with Winks onWLM Beta? (/showthread.php?tid=59032)

What's going on with Winks onWLM Beta? by scifiswain on 05-03-2006 at 07:31 PM

Hello, I have the latest version of Windows Live Messenger installed, and I used to be able to play winks, but for a while now strange things have been happening when I try to play them.  It says that a Flash player is required, and it takes me to the right page, but nothing seems to happen.  It says on the page that you might have to click a gold bar on the top of the page or something, but I can't seem to find what they mean.  It is more difficult for me as I am blind and have to use a screenreader to access the internet, but I would like to find out how to install the Flash player, that instidentally I thought I had anyway.  Maybe its something wront with my computer?  Please someone help if you can.

Thanks.

RE: What's going on with Winks onWLM Beta? by Reaper on 05-03-2006 at 07:36 PM

Flash player
That is the URL to get flash. If its the same problem as before with the "gold bar" then your browser, is blocking the installation of it.

RE: What's going on with Winks onWLM Beta? by scifiswain on 05-03-2006 at 07:37 PM

How would i stop the browser blocking it?
  It doesnt seem to say that its stopping anything, from what I can tell.   What is the gold bar anyway and how could I get to it?

RE: What's going on with Winks onWLM Beta? by Reaper on 05-03-2006 at 07:45 PM

When you access that page, near the top of the browser, depending if you have the Links toolbar showing or not, a bar will come up underneath the Address bar asking you if you want to install it. It appears in Internet Explorer and Firefox, but im not sure about other browsers.