Shoutbox

Connectivity problems - Signs me in, kicks me out, and more - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Connectivity problems - Signs me in, kicks me out, and more (/showthread.php?tid=59042)

Connectivity problems - Signs me in, kicks me out, and more by malik641 on 05-03-2006 at 11:33 PM

Whenever I sign into MSN messenger and try to send a message to someone I receive a message in return telling me that MSN cannot send the following message "my message"to "my buddy". And my friends tell me (while on the phone with them) that they see me signed on and then kicked off and then signed in again.

I had my friend take a look at it and we looked at a lot of suggestions with internet connection options and security settings but nothing seamed to work. He also had me try trillian to use msn messenger and yet I still had the same problems. He used his AIM screen name and he wouldn't get kicked off but he was having message problems. He could send a message and it would instantly be received by his buddy, but when they sent him a message, nothing would happen for about 1 minute. And if the buddy would send him a bunch of messages, they would be received by us in a minute all at the same time.

I'm using a Dell laptop and spybot software with McAffee anti-virus software. I'm not sure if I should call dell and ask what's going wrong??

Any ideas?

Oh yeah, I'm using MSN Messenger 7.5 and for Trillian it's MSN Messenger 3 by Cerulean studios.

RE: Connectivity problems - Signs me in, kicks me out, and more by Reaper on 05-03-2006 at 11:37 PM

Are you behind a router?

RE: Connectivity problems - Signs me in, kicks me out, and more by malik641 on 05-04-2006 at 09:50 PM

Yes I am.

RE: Connectivity problems - Signs me in, kicks me out, and more by Reaper on 05-05-2006 at 12:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by malik641
Yes I am.
Then its most likely your router isn't configured to allow Messenger.
RE: Connectivity problems - Signs me in, kicks me out, and more by malik641 on 05-05-2006 at 02:27 AM

Well my buddy's computer is in the same house as me and also is using a wireless connection to the same router and he doesn't have a problem with neither AIM nor MSN messenger......?????

Any other suggestions?

RE: Connectivity problems - Signs me in, kicks me out, and more by RaceProUK on 05-10-2006 at 09:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
quote:
Originally posted by malik641
Yes I am.
Then its most likely your router isn't configured to allow Messenger.
If he can sign in, it's not the router. It'll be server problems, which just have to be ridden out.
RE: Connectivity problems - Signs me in, kicks me out, and more by Fanta on 05-10-2006 at 10:39 PM

There's 3 threads about these problems already.  The server problems seem to be over for now anyway, so if you're in luck, the problem will solve itself in a few hours :)