Shoutbox

Has annoyone else noticed this? in WLM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Has annoyone else noticed this? in WLM (/showthread.php?tid=59083)

Has annoyone else noticed this? in WLM by joemailey on 05-05-2006 at 10:57 AM

I seem to get random emotions pop up on my msg box as i'm typing lol

like i be typing

hello how was your day  mind bn grand work was boring as usual blah blah.

bout in middle of it there wud be an emotion appear at end of my txt as i'm still typing.

i could keep typing and emotion would keep moving to end of my line as if i done the emotion and click behind it because i left txt own.

emotion like a 

code:
< : (
so i couldnt do it by mistake i dont tpye those characters all time lol.

hope i made sense random emotions appear just lol
RE: Has annoyone else noticed this? in WLM by mwe99 on 05-05-2006 at 12:11 PM

I think it could possibly custom emoticons associated with words.

To check disable the setting in:

Tools > Options >Messages > Untick 'show custom emoticons'

If so, you can reassociate your emoticon names by clicking in the emoticon  selection box and modify.

RE: Has annoyone else noticed this? in WLM by joemailey on 05-05-2006 at 12:24 PM

lol i not newbie to simple stuff like this.

most of if not all my emotions start with a charactor that needs you to hold shift and hit the button aka * &^%$£""!  like those or capitals EMonittttions < extra letters in the word so it doesnt appear while  typing.

note it also happens with default emotions like these smilies

:-) :( :D etc

RE: Has annoyone else noticed this? in WLM by matty on 05-05-2006 at 02:04 PM

BETA... thats all I have to say.

Now that I got that off my chest. What build of WLM are you using? Have you installed the leaked Plus! Live build? Does this happen every time you type to a contact? Is the bug reproducable or intermittent?

If you have access to Connect or the Newsgroups post the bug over there.

RE: Has annoyone else noticed this? in WLM by joemailey on 05-05-2006 at 02:15 PM

Latest build of WLM i'm using 0689. No dont have the leaked plus live, couldnt be arsed using it i found it on site but i reported it (h).

no this bug is not reproducable happens at random times with any contacts ( on fresh installs with no custom emotions :-) )

althou if no one else has reported it must be my machine just.

althou the last WLM build before this one it disappeared . ( the internal leaked one named banches )

:-) BTW this bug doesnt annoy me i was just wondering if anyone else had it lol or is it just me :-)