Shoutbox

What will you do? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What will you do? (/showthread.php?tid=59086)

What will you do? by user27089 on 05-05-2006 at 02:23 PM

Let's face it... it's inevitable that these forums will eventually close down and Messenger Plus! will be discontinued. Patchou has already stated that if people don't stop detecting his software as dangerous, then Messenger Plus! will have finished by the end of the summer. Patchou is never ever going to be able to stop all of these different anti-virus softwares from detecting his software as a threat, not even with the help of all of us, if not more... We can see this from the petition, how many thousands signed that petition, yet isn't Messenger Plus! being detected falsely yet again by Microsoft Defender?

A lot of people seem to spend a lot of time on these forums, I know I do... Mostly because it's a habit, I find a load of people on here pretty cool/funny and the fact that I like helping people out with their problems.

So what will you do once these forums are gone? I'm sure all of us will miss it in one way or another... No other forum is like this one, no matter how hard I try, I have never been able to keep going on another forum as I have on this one.

So what will you do?

RE: What will you do? by Discrate on 05-05-2006 at 02:33 PM

I will curl up into a corner and die :(

RE: What will you do? by matty on 05-05-2006 at 02:35 PM

Its funny there are only 2 things I do on the interent (when surfing).

Go to these forums and play online games when I am really board. I have moved away so much from simply just doing whatever (:pound: :P)  online and grown up and matured from it. Hell I used to talk with a space before and after a comma when I first started posting here. It will be a shame when these forums close down I mean I have been here almost 4 years. Thats longer then I have been working at my current job. I honestly don't know what I would do with my spare time... maybe take up model cars or something. Guaranteed I will be tremendously bored!

Edit: I find it funny those people who have been here less then a year have made it their life. And (as posted above) would die if this community would close down.

I would miss my nice elite blue colour.

RE: What will you do? by absorbation on 05-05-2006 at 03:08 PM

These forums have tought me too much :(

Wait it is the people. Every last one of you is great. I have learnt so much about your cultures and about different walks of life from these forums. As well as expanding my knowledge. So thank you all, yes you reading this, you have been part of what is me. :P

RE: What will you do? by Chrono on 05-05-2006 at 03:24 PM

lol, i've thought about this before, but i bet that Plus! wont die anytime soon, hence the forums wont have to close (it will happen eventually but not yet, just look at Plus! 4 :P). And even if Plus! was discontinued, people would still need help, why would we close the forums? it would take at least a year or something (or a new non compatible WLM version :P) to the forums to be closed.

bleh, i'd have to update/finish the community forums history thread :dodgy:
:chrongue:

RE: What will you do? by Voldemort on 05-05-2006 at 03:29 PM

Omg..
I think i could live without it..
But lets not be pessimistic Trax..

es la boaaaaaaaaaaaa

RE: What will you do? by Rik on 05-05-2006 at 03:56 PM

i prefer not thinking on that :(
i spend most of my time here, i don't think i could go one ok with out it.

RE: What will you do? by blackjack on 05-05-2006 at 04:01 PM

What will i do.. umm interesting.. i dunno

Truth is that this forum is very special for me.. i have more than a year here.. and its been great, and more when i became a tester :P..

Like chrono says.. theres no reason the forums need to be closed.. =/..

I'd buy all antivirus companies and make them free :D and not detecting Plus! :dodgy:

RE: What will you do? by John Anderton on 05-05-2006 at 04:01 PM

I would probably do a bit more studies if the forums and irc took a fall ... Nothing would change much. Id still have everyone on msn :)

If anyone thinks their lives will seriously be affected by this then please,
[Image: gtfo.jpg]
:P

RE: What will you do? by Weyzza on 05-05-2006 at 04:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
lol, i've thought about this before, but i bet that Plus! wont die anytime soon, hence the forums wont have to close (it will happen eventually but not yet, just look at Plus! 4 :P). And even if Plus! was discontinued, people would still need help, why would we close the forums? it would take at least a year or something (or a new non compatible WLM version :P) to the forums to be closed.
* Weyzza nods his head in agreement.
RE: What will you do? by John Anderton on 05-05-2006 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Chrono
bleh, i'd have to update/finish the community forums history thread :dodgy:
:tongue:
:lol: Said in true WDZ lazy style :P

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
I find it funny those people who have been here less then a year have made it their life. And (as posted above) would die if this community would close down.
Im guessing you are failing to see the sarcasm.
Tbh id probably die too ...

..... eventually
What ?!? You think im immortal :refuck:

RE: What will you do? by Negro_Joe on 05-05-2006 at 04:52 PM

I think we all should go get a life...:P

RE: What will you do? by saralk on 05-05-2006 at 05:08 PM

It Patchou starts working on other projects under the Patchou name, then this forum would probably become a forum for the Patchou brand in general.

But if these forums did close down, i'd be pretty upset, I mean I have made some really good friends through this forum (notable Traxor, Stigmata and Negro_Joe) and it would be a shame.
Saying that, i'd get over it and i'm pretty sure we would all move over to another forum.

RE: What will you do? by Supersonicdarky on 05-05-2006 at 06:35 PM

i'd either join the spannish forums or make my own plus! fan forum :)

RE: What will you do? by Stigmata on 05-05-2006 at 07:31 PM

heh...

agree with time.. id just stick with another forum...

btw: you are all welcome at the mess.be forums :D

RE: What will you do? by Plik on 05-05-2006 at 07:35 PM

I'd just take msghelp.net out of my daily browsing habits :p

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
The orange, IT BURNS!!
RE: What will you do? by user27089 on 05-05-2006 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
heh...

agree with time.. id just stick with another forum...

I'm not welcome there, I've been banned for like 2 years for something I didn't even do :-/.

No matter how many times I send emails or anything, they won't decrease my warn levels... Either way those forums are overly-active and over-rated. It's like a big blog full of spam and "exclusive" news, that isn't even exclusive.
RE: What will you do? by Stigmata on 05-05-2006 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Either way those forums are overly-active and over-rated. It's like a big blog full of spam and "exclusive" news, that isn't even exclusive.

how do you know when you are banned? Its much different. Its a very nice and friendly community (+ the irc community is much much nicer)

Anyway, just because i like your bummage, i have removed the ban placed on the account "traxor" and you are now on moderator preview for the next 7 days. This means your posts have to be approved by a mod before they are shown to the rest of the board.

RE: What will you do? by user27089 on 05-05-2006 at 08:01 PM

Thankyou darling.

I know because I go there like once a week and look through the threads... Often trying to post something helpful just to get the "you do not have permission to post, however your post has been saved" thing... :p

RE: What will you do? by Menthix on 05-05-2006 at 08:14 PM

Without reading the other posts (I'm terribly sorry, please shoot me :p)... but, the end of Messenger Plus! would indeed be sad, but that doesn't have to mean the end of this community. There are more than enough people around here who can donate a server to host a forum on and the IRC server will continue to live too

Patchou will be the only one who gets really hurt in this case... He will need to go back to a 8 to 5 regular job again (or come up with a new good concept). But I don't see Plus! dying anytime soon... way too much users...more restrictions from security software could be a pain in the ass... but there are still alternatives if it really gets hard. Just look at TB with StuffPlug for example, he's doing very good, has a nice income (certainly considering his age and that he has way less users than Plus!) and he doesn't need a bundled sponsor for it.

RE: What will you do? by tony on 05-05-2006 at 08:32 PM

i will jump to another forum indeed.
i have a life out there, and its a really nice :D, ill start university in no time so i wont have time to spend arround on  this forums, but im surely be missing you all :cheesy:

RE: What will you do? by musicalmidget on 05-05-2006 at 08:37 PM

I would have to agree that this community will most probably be around for quite a while yet, even if the worst was to happen and Plus! was to come to an end.

This is one of the largest and most friendly online communities I have ever been a part of.  If that wasn't the case, then I certainly wouldn't have spent the last three and a half years here.  Although I haven't posted much in recent times, I still lurk around and don't plan on going anywhere any time soon, simply because I would miss the place too much.

This is a very strong community and I'm confident that it will continue to exist in some form or another for quite a long time to come.

RE: What will you do? by Curtis on 05-05-2006 at 08:55 PM

If this forum closed down I would start a new one for us all to get back together and just chat or something.  Basically a general forum, but with all of us there.

RE: What will you do? by paperless on 05-05-2006 at 09:43 PM

Id be very sad...its been 3 years..probably more to come.

MsgPlus will end.. even if its in 30 years from now.. but it will.

About a new forum just to "chat" i think it wouldnt work because you know.. people come and go in these 3 years a lot of people have gone..sock, wacky, damn.. a lot..
And msgplus is what calls new users..

I think when msgplus ends patchou should announce that at least a month earlier..

RE: What will you do? by Menthix on 05-05-2006 at 11:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
sock
sock is alive on IRC these days... he hides in #banana under the obscure "wwb" nick :).
RE: What will you do? by ipab on 05-06-2006 at 12:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
If this forum closed down I would start a new one for us all to get back together and just chat or something.  Basically a general forum, but with all of us there.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw this thread, but on a happy note, I'm pretty sure plus! is here to stay, atleast till wlm dies :p (or implements all the cool features that plus! has).
RE: What will you do? by Aeryn on 05-06-2006 at 09:00 AM

I'll at first miss it, then move on. It's a nice place, but it's just internet message boards and just a habit of coming here. I know I'll be keeping contact with a few wonderful people I've gotten to know here, though.

RE: What will you do? by Pipish on 05-06-2006 at 09:40 AM

well i have been apart of this community for 3 years now and it has become apart of me but latley just in the last year or so i have been moving away from the computer and got back into my sports and really got back into shape and its worked wonders for me but yes it would be a big shame not having the forums or plus