Shoutbox

Can't see Spaces on contacts cards - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Can't see Spaces on contacts cards (/showthread.php?tid=59100)

Can't see Spaces on contacts cards by robochief on 05-05-2006 at 10:35 PM

When I open a Contact Card (any contact that I'm sure has a Space), I see his/her nickname and avatar, but instead of also seeing a summary of his/her Space, I just see the legend:

quote:
We can't get to this space right now. Please try again later.
It was the same for me since the first time I used WLM (when it was published for beta-testers).

Any clue why? A solution?
(Already tried reinstalling, uninstalling, cleaning, etc. No spyware, no viruses, WinXP SP2 with all the updates. Everything is fine with my PC.)
RE: Can't see Spaces on contacts cards by RaceProUK on 05-06-2006 at 01:10 PM

Could be a server issue?

RE: Can't see Spaces on contacts cards by robochief on 05-07-2006 at 06:51 AM

All since the first invited beta-testers build was released?
You think so? :S

RE: Can't see Spaces on contacts cards by Felu on 05-07-2006 at 06:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by robochief
All since the first invited beta-testers build was released?
You think so? :S
Have you tried with MSN Messenger 7.5? Could be a problem with the ISP.
RE: Can't see Spaces on contacts cards by Goshi on 05-07-2006 at 04:36 PM

If you don't have tabs, games, search engine, you have to reinstall because your Msn (or WLM) doesn't download configuration.

RE: RE: Can't see Spaces on contacts cards by robochief on 05-07-2006 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Goshi
If you don't have tabs, games, search engine, you have to reinstall because your Msn (or WLM) doesn't download configuration.

Reinstall what? WLM?
I already did that, read the first post.
RE: Can't see Spaces on contacts cards by Colored Black on 05-08-2006 at 02:25 PM

Yeah no matter if you make your WLM mullti or not or how many times you download it.. i cant seem to see the spaces.. is it a common issue.? or any thing to fix it.??? *-)

RE: Can't see Spaces on contacts cards by robochief on 05-25-2006 at 03:37 AM

Don't know how or why, but today it suddenly started working, after all this time.
It is a simple feature I never use, but still: cheered my day.

Hooray for me. :o)

RE: Can't see Spaces on contacts cards by UCCOFFEE on 05-29-2006 at 02:00 AM

robochief:
i ve got the same prolem, what region profile do u set in hotmail(or live mail) ?
I think this stop working after i change to live mail and change back to hotmail.....

:(

RE: Can't see Spaces on contacts cards by find_your_spot on 05-29-2006 at 07:05 AM

I have the problem that if i click on a card in msn messenger, it shows first the contact card with colors.... and if i click the second time everything is gone.... It only comes back when i sign of and sign in again

RE: Can't see Spaces on contacts cards by BluexDreams on 05-30-2006 at 01:27 PM

Hah! I always go through this problem. I myself have a Msn Space and sometimes the tab itself isn't even there, but it comes afterwards...(after a computer/msn shutdown/restart or even just re-signing in)

I learnt to live with it.