Shoutbox

Can't install KSMAS - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Can't install KSMAS (/showthread.php?tid=59151)

Can't install KSMAS by Reaper on 05-07-2006 at 05:53 PM

Im setting up KSMAS, but i'm gettin stuck on step 2 of installation. It asks to me to type a password, but when I type it in, it says

quote:
Your provided passwords didn't match or were not valid. Please try again.
(permitted length goes from 4 to 10 alphanumerical characters)
I have tried different passwords and I have made sure each field contains the same password.
Whats going on?
RE: Can't install KSMAS by RaceProUK on 05-08-2006 at 11:05 AM

Are you trying to use punctuation?

RE: Can't install KSMAS by Reaper on 05-08-2006 at 03:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Are you trying to use punctuation?
Nope.
Weird thing is. I had it installed before, I would say a month or 2 ago, but had to remove it. Im using the exact same setup.php file, and even tried downloading and using a fresh one. Still no difference.
RE: Can't install KSMAS by tony on 05-08-2006 at 03:35 PM

try to uploading it to another folder and reinstall with a fresh one :).

RE: Can't install KSMAS by Reaper on 05-08-2006 at 03:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tony
try to uploading it to another folder and reinstall with a fresh one :).
Nope, that still doesn't work!
RE: Can't install KSMAS by John Anderton on 05-09-2006 at 04:21 PM

Well this is one of quite a few well know KSMAS bugs. Its been about a year since KeyStorm decided to update KSMAS to Chameleon Board Campanion (CBC) but unfortunately he has been tied up for ages with his univ work (afaik)

If you want you can use quite a few other random avatar scripts. They can be easily found online via a google search. Or you can ask anyone (like me) who uses a script himself :)

I have been using dt's RSAS (Random Avatar Stats Sig) script for over a year and a half without any probs. All you need is a host with php 4/5 and a mysql db with a few kb space (for the stats ;))
If you dont have a db then you can go for his RAS (Random Avatar Sig) script which is exactly the same as above but without the stats (which were made just for fun anyway :P) It requires php4/5

If you need this script then please contact me via pm (since in all probability dt doesnt have it. I am his old scripts repository :dodgy:
<3 dt :tongue:

RE: Can't install KSMAS by Reaper on 05-09-2006 at 05:00 PM

the RSAS script works perfectly, thanks JA