Shoutbox

lines across screen revisted (BSOD) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: lines across screen revisted (BSOD) (/showthread.php?tid=59154)

lines across screen revisted (BSOD) by stoshrocket on 05-07-2006 at 08:29 PM

:|

about 2 months ago i posted about getting lines across my screen and i figured it out that it was my graphics card and in some cases had to reboot my computer. Well, over the past week its started it again, and everytime its caused me to have to manually shutdown, although its only happening in games now... that is until i rebooted it, and it gave me a BSOD after 3 mins of booting :cry:

it gave me the error saying somethings wrong with nv4_disp, which after a bit of googling i found is to do with my graphics card. Well, im downloading the latest driver to see if that helps, if it doesnt anyone got any more idea as to what would be the best solution??

PS: if anyone needs, the error codes the BSOD gave me were 0x000000EA (0x85A04828, 0x85BDG008, 0xF79CFCBL, 0x00000001)

thanks guys an gals!

RE: lines across screen revisted (BSOD) by Reaper on 05-07-2006 at 08:32 PM

Its probably because of a corrupt file for your graphics card. I presume you are using an nVidia card as the file is nv4_disp. Updating your drivers should fix it.

RE: lines across screen revisted (BSOD) by stoshrocket on 05-07-2006 at 08:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
Its probably because of a corrupt file for your graphics card. I presume you are using an nVidia card as the file is nv4_disp. Updating your drivers should fix it.

yeah, forgot to mention, im using an Nvidia 7800 GTX... drivers are downloading at the moment :)
RE: lines across screen revisted (BSOD) by Apatik on 05-08-2006 at 12:01 AM

Sounds like an overheating GPU to me.