Shoutbox

MGS4 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: MGS4 (/showthread.php?tid=59222)

MGS4 by Negro_Joe on 05-09-2006 at 05:00 PM

New Trailer:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705977p1.html

this game looks incredible astart of a new trilogy apprently with all the original characters..:S

Another thing i know about this game is about how was is fought by PMCs not soldiers or a countries military, but by mercenaries (PMCs).

Most of these are hired from a place called outer heaven, a location in an early
MGS game called solid snake i think...:S

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705222p1.html

found the link..;)

This is the game im most looking forward too..

RE: MGS4 by Reaper on 05-09-2006 at 05:11 PM

This and Final Fantasy XIII will be the best games to be released.

RE: MGS4 by M73A on 05-09-2006 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
This and Final Fantasy XIII will be the best games to be released.
i was just reading that, i love final fantasy's graphics, is the main reason i buy them... then the great stories and plots is just a bonus

RE: MGS4 by blackjack on 05-09-2006 at 05:20 PM

Looks pretty cool.. i like it :banana:

RE: MGS4 by user27089 on 05-09-2006 at 05:30 PM

This is one of the games i'm looking forward to, that and these:

Resident Evil 5
Silent Hill 5
Final Fantasy XIII
Kingdom Hearts 3 (???)

RE: MGS4 by Vilkku on 05-09-2006 at 05:31 PM

The Burning Crusade > Spore > Dodgy console crap.

RE: MGS4 by user27089 on 05-09-2006 at 05:36 PM

I can't wait until Spore comes out, that games looks absolutely awesome!

RE: MGS4 by Plik on 05-09-2006 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I can't wait until Spore comes out, that games looks absolutely awesome!
x2

* Plik never got into MGS, i liked the look of the last one, but i was too lazy to get it :P
RE: MGS4 by lrac522 on 05-09-2006 at 11:36 PM

Not bad! Hi all... hope u all are kewl(Y)

RE: MGS4 by Jhrono on 05-09-2006 at 11:45 PM

MGS is so fucking addicting :P I have Mgs2 : Substance

"FREEZE!"

edit . Thanks Negro_Joe

RE: MGS4 by _Humphreys on 05-10-2006 at 07:26 AM

MGS4 seems dark...just as Kojima said. Within the trailer he [Snake] puts a gun in his mouth and seems to be contemplating suicide. :/

RE: MGS4 by Reaper on 05-10-2006 at 11:02 AM

MGS 1 has by far the best story.

RE: MGS4 by kao on 05-10-2006 at 06:26 PM

MGS are good games, MGS 3 (the jungle one) is a bit lame though. And i agree with everyone who says Spore will be good, it will be fucking awesome =p

But yes, PC games > Console games by far. I hate consoles.

RE: MGS4 by Negro_Joe on 05-10-2006 at 07:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
I have Mgs3 : Substance

Its subsistence not substance...:refuck:

lol, i know the first trailer of this was awesome, there was another trailer shown at a conference recentlu showing the new "nowhere to hide" ethos the new trilogy has taken where he has a sort of chameleon effect on his suit i havnt seen the trailer, and thats as much as i know about the new game

forgot source:

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/706/706769p1.html

oh and also snake has only 6 months left to live and naomi returns from MGS 1 so does raiden as the new ninja-esque character
RE: MGS4 by Jhrono on 05-10-2006 at 08:50 PM

LOL actually no Negro_Joe, it is MGS2 not 3 :P so, it's really Substance

RE: MGS4 by *Saint* on 05-11-2006 at 12:13 AM

quote:
MGS 1 has by far the best story.

Absolutely :D

but i did love all the MGS games I hope this one is as good or possibly better
RE: MGS4 by Chrono on 05-11-2006 at 02:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by kao
MGS are good games, MGS 3 (the jungle one) is a bit lame
lol, agreed... im playing it atm and it sucks :P The story mainly.. i mean, the bad guys are like the X-Men :lol: And the game is so damn full of FMV that it gets boring. Think about it: bad plot + 20 minutes long videos every 5 minutes of gameplay :dodgy:.

(N).

Metal gear solid 1 was great, go solid snake :cheesy: (it was too short though :P). Metal gear 2 was good too, i just hope that MGS4 is not as bad as MGS3 :sad:
RE: MGS4 by user27089 on 05-11-2006 at 06:26 AM

I like all of the Metal Gears, I'm trying to complete Metal Gear Solid 3 at the moment... I'm not sure whether I'm enjoying it that much, it's a good game and everything, but it seems too much effort constantly changing  your camouflage and stuff, and not having a radar (having to look around) makes it less fun, because you need to go into first person which is just a hassle... Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2 were better to be honest, especially 1, I got that for my birthday a few days after it came out and played it until I completed it... I dunno why, it just seems really replayable :p. Metal Gear Solid 2 is the game, I could play that over and over again... I wouldn't have the perseverence to play Metal Gear Solid 3 through again.

RE: MGS4 by Reaper on 05-11-2006 at 10:27 AM

The oil rig part of Metal Gear Solid 2, felt a hell of alot like Metal Gear Solid 1. Mr Kojima copied so much stuff, such as using the stinger launcher to take down the helicopter, the torture. Thats why I really didn't like number 2, except for the graphics and gameplay were a bit better

RE: MGS4 by Negro_Joe on 05-11-2006 at 04:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
ot having a radar (having to look around) makes it less fun, because you need to go into first person which is just a hassle...

Not really you have motion sensors and things but these tracka ll motion as in animals etc, i think this makes the game harder, and makes you play it a lot safer, you have to be stealthier in the previous 2, it was too easy...

In subsistence the view was changed to a full 3rd person view, as in over the shoulder view...
I do agree with the camofluage  though, it is a bit of an effort having to change it constanlty, it should have been done by the d-pad, and sneak should have been like hold R2 and move..:S
RE: MGS4 by Reaper on 05-11-2006 at 04:59 PM

When Hideo Kojima was making the game, he said the technology would be the same as the time of the game. So obviously there wouldn't be some super fantastic radar :P

RE: MGS4 by *Saint* on 05-11-2006 at 09:27 PM

quote:
When Hideo Kojima was making the game, he said the technology would be the same as the time of the game. So obviously there wouldn't be some super fantastic radar :P

From what i remember in MSG1 i had a radar that told me where and how far people can see :|, dont think those exist yet :P
RE: MGS4 by Reaper on 05-11-2006 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by *Saint*
quote:

From what i remember in MSG1 i had a radar that told me where and how far people can see :|, dont think those exist yet :P
Yeh, but he didn't say anything about technology about 1 and 2, only for 3