Shoutbox

Simple Plan Got Hacked! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Simple Plan Got Hacked! (/showthread.php?tid=59274)

Simple Plan Got Hacked! by albert on 05-11-2006 at 02:16 AM

lolll well my friend was visiting Simple Plan's site and look what she found! too funny!

Check it out : http://www.simpleplan.com

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by qgroessl on 05-11-2006 at 02:17 AM

Is that they're official site?... :p if so that's pretty poor... you'd think they'd have more security over it than that... :lol:

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by albert on 05-11-2006 at 02:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Is that they're official site?...

Yes!! loll ! So hilarious, still laughing over it.
RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by prashker on 05-11-2006 at 02:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Is that they're official site?... :p if so that's pretty poor... you'd think they'd have more security over it than that... :lol:

Yep it is :lol:

Look at googles first link results :p

http://www.google.ca/search?q=simple+plan
RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by qgroessl on 05-11-2006 at 02:20 AM

Click the second result :p... You get into the website anyways.... :lol:... I'm suprised it's not one of them Arabic hackers again.

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by albert on 05-11-2006 at 02:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
t's not one of them Arabic hackers again.

Leave nationalities out of that. :dodgy: Especially arabs.
* albert points at his lebanese flag!
RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by qgroessl on 05-11-2006 at 02:22 AM

Sorry... didn't mean to offend you... just saying... they've been hacking a lot of sites lately.

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by albert on 05-11-2006 at 02:33 AM

No offense taken. ;-)

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by zach on 05-11-2006 at 03:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by simpleplanonline.com
The official site, SimplePlan.com, has been hacked - the front page was changed, but all other pages worked. The site has since been taken down on purpose to prevent further errors. Once everything is worked out, it'll be back up, don't fret.
:P Does "hacking" a website just mean finding the password and changing the index page or is it some kind of exploit?
RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by Phillip on 05-11-2006 at 03:14 AM

:rofl: By far the funniest thing ive seen in a while

EDIT: ok i added one of the emails and now im talking to one of them

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by zach on 05-11-2006 at 03:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Crimcz
:rofl: By far the funniest thing ive seen in a while

EDIT: ok i added one of the emails and now im talking to one of them
Really? What are you talking about?
RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by Phillip on 05-11-2006 at 03:40 AM

Just asked why he did it. There was a bug in the site and they he only hacked the index. And he did it for fun no other reason.

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by zach on 05-11-2006 at 03:46 AM

After reading Reaper's thread, I went to watch the video and visit the site http://www.loosechange911.com/ If you click on the broken image down the bottom, there's another link to a hacked page :P

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by RebelSean on 05-11-2006 at 03:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Sorry... didn't mean to offend you... just saying... they've been hacking a lot of sites lately.

So have the latin hackers which are the ones who took down Simple Plan's website as well as like to DDoS my own website :p.
RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by YottabyteWizard on 05-11-2006 at 04:33 AM

Well, it says on the title Latin American Defenders or something like that o.O
* YottabyteWizard runs

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by Pyroteq on 05-11-2006 at 07:31 AM

Haha thats so awsome but i wished they put SIMPLE PLAN suck or somthing rather than just hacked by..

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by emit on 05-11-2006 at 10:06 AM

This happens daily to loads of sites you realise. I see dozens of exploited/trojaned webservers every day. Shellbots, kaitens, php exploits, perl exploits... etc. And the old white text "0wn3d by" on a black background is how they all look after being defaced.

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by rav0 on 05-11-2006 at 11:18 AM

Do the owners not know about this? It's been eight hours, and it's still not fixed.

If it does get fixed, a screenshot's attached.

Here's the code of the hacked page

code:
<html><body bgcolor="#000000" text="#ffffff">

<title>HackeD by L.A.D [Latin American Defacers]</title>

<body oncontextmenu="return false" onselectstart="return false" ondragstart="return false">

<center><h1>HaCkED BY GARIBAY, DaRkness-Mx, NolsysteM, Fatal Inside & Her0 ]</h1></center><br>
<center><h2>Nolsystem, her0, Fatal Inside, Quetzal, CvIr.System</h2></center>
<center><h1>Www.Latin-Defacers.Org</h1></center>
<br><br><br><br>
<p><center><h1>Contactar Moises@Garibay.Tk</h1></center></p>
<p><center><h1>Contactar Darkness.Mx@gmail.com</h1></center></p>
<p><center><h1>Contactar:fatalinside@gmail.com</h1></center></p>
<p><center><h1>Contactar:her0_16@hotmail.com</h1></center></p>
<p><center><h1>Contactar:Nolsystem@gmail.com</h1></center></p>
</body>
</html>
BTW they're using some pre-release of PHP, "PHP/5.1.3RC4-dev".
RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by andrewdodd13 on 05-11-2006 at 12:34 PM

The reason this is usually done by people in foreign (ie, not us / uk / germany / etc) countries is because they're less likely to get sued.

For example - these guys actually left their email adresses on the page. If they lived in the states, a lawyer for the site could probably supe.. (cant spell today - read "get a judge to get them the stuff") the IPs and trace it... and then they'd probably get sued and put in the slammer.

I doubt this would happen in many other countries, they usually don't have as strict justice systems for electronic hacking as we do here.

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by ~INVASION~ on 05-11-2006 at 01:47 PM

lmao!!! thats fucking awesome :lol:

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by guanako on 05-11-2006 at 02:00 PM

i can see you getting your site hacked too :P and going > :lol: poor simple plan :(, and the web site says: 'Sorry i cant be perfect'(8)

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by albert on 05-11-2006 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
i can see you getting your site hacked too :P and going > :lol: poor simple plan :(, and the web site says: 'Sorry i cant be perfect'(8)

lol you get a point.. but my site is only amateur.. theirs is professional.. that's what I find funny..
RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by Voldemort on 05-11-2006 at 09:14 PM

hmm... i think its fixed now

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by Chris4 on 05-12-2006 at 01:58 AM

Btw, you can access the site from http://www.simpleplan.com/news.php

Edit: Yeah it's fixed now.

RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by Lou on 05-12-2006 at 02:10 AM

To be perfectly honest with you I don't find this funny. I'll tell you why. Please don't flame me though. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Sometimes, the best means of contacting someone and telling them there's a problem with their site is by email. Or a contact form. Hackers ignore these, and just make their sites laughed at. Now, they say "ohh we want to help you protect your site". The thing is though, that people are trying to protect their sites from the so called "protectors". These "protectors" are not helping, but in fact they are the "hackers" that many websites are afraid of. They are the problem. They are not the fix. I know how it feels to think "ohh crap my website is in danger. They hacked it, and I have no idea how. I can't protect it". I know how that feels. Someone who uses let's say, a cms system, and they know nothing about this kind of stuff, they get hacked and then they can't do anything about it. Funny? I think not. because this can cause a lot of damage. It's like breaking into someone's house, stealing something, and leaving a card that says "I broke inside your home because your windows weren't strong enough. I had a look at your private stuff, and I took what I wanted, just to show you that you should protect your home better". Or at least, that's the way I see it.
RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by Plik on 05-12-2006 at 07:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
long rant
I really don't think these hackers are white hat (find the flaws and report them) as they label themselves as defacers, ande defacers don't got bug hunting, they most often use basic exploits in CMS' that others have found out, and they deface the site to try and look 'cool'
RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by emit on 05-12-2006 at 12:19 PM

http://www.zone-h.org/en/defacements

It's pathetic really.

RE: RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by brian on 12-05-2006 at 03:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
http://www.zone-h.org/en/defacements

It's pathetic really.

4-oh-4? :p
RE: RE: Simple Plan Got Hacked! by rav0 on 12-05-2006 at 03:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by brian