Shoutbox

Help please: My internet keeps disconnecting all the time - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Help please: My internet keeps disconnecting all the time (/showthread.php?tid=59338)

Help please: My internet keeps disconnecting all the time by welshboy222 on 05-13-2006 at 10:54 AM

Does anyone know about this:
My internet keeps disconnecting all the time I have broadband and im with virgin can anyone help I know theres computer geniuses out there that can help!:)

RE: HELP PLZ by absorbation on 05-13-2006 at 10:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by welshboy222
nternet keeps disconnecting

The whole internet or MSN Messenger?

If it is your internet contact Virgin, it is in their hands. If it is MSN Messenger then it is experiencing server problems and you just have to wait. :)
RE: HELP PLZ by welshboy222 on 05-13-2006 at 11:21 AM

It is the whole internet when I connect and view the connection it says it has 56 errors I have a feeling it is something to do with the computer itself but Im really don't know what to do!

RE: HELP PLZ by vaccination on 05-13-2006 at 11:26 AM

do a virus check to see if you have any viruses that could be the cause of the problem.... if not then contact virgin

RE: HELP PLZ by welshboy222 on 05-13-2006 at 11:33 AM

wat if it is a virus what can I do then?

RE: HELP PLZ by Reaper on 05-13-2006 at 11:37 AM

quote:
wat if it is a virus what can I do then?
Delete the virus, and clean/delete infected files. Use your anti-virus software.
RE: HELP PLZ by welshboy222 on 05-13-2006 at 11:39 AM

Can the virus software always delete/clean infected files?

RE: Help please: My internet keeps disconnecting all the time by lopardo on 05-14-2006 at 05:59 AM

Please don't double post, use the edit button instead. :)

You should probably contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider).

RE: Help please: My internet keeps disconnecting all the time by welshboy222 on 05-16-2006 at 08:40 PM

wa?

RE: Help please: My internet keeps disconnecting all the time by vaccination on 05-16-2006 at 08:50 PM

Run your virus/anti-spyware programe and if it detects a virus you can either manually delete it .... or the programe will delete it for you( depending on the programes settings)

If you still have the problem when youve deleted the virus.(if you have one)

Then contact your ISP (I.E e-mail virgin) and tell them about the problem

If you dont have a virus its likely that virgin are having a server problem which they should sought out soon!

RE: Help please: My internet keeps disconnecting all the time by Chris4 on 05-16-2006 at 08:56 PM

There's no reported problems with Virgin Broadband.

But you can call 0800 052 4329 for free to check the broadband status to see if there are any problems.

quote:
it says it has 56 errors
Have a look at this page which shows common errors, see if any are simular and click 'Click for fix' to fix the problem.