Shoutbox

Contact-List Suggestion - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Contact-List Suggestion (/showthread.php?tid=59357)

Contact-List Suggestion by lachvogel on 05-13-2006 at 09:59 PM

Hi Guys! *first post :o)*

First of all, THANKS!!! for probably the best plug-in i've ever used!
I used this plug-in since MSN 6.. Anyway, now I'm using WLM, and since the plug-in isn't out yet for WLM, i thought, i could suggest a small feature:

I have quite a few contacts, and lots of them are online during the late hours, but lots of them are also with "away"- or "busy" tags.. So I was wondering if you guys could make a feature, that sorts your contacts by their online-status!

Suggested order:
-Be Right Back
-On The Phone
-Busy
-Out To Lunch
-Away

Maybe also having the possibility to change this order if needed.
Is this do-able? Are there any other people interested in such a feature?

Greets, Lachvogel

RE: Contact-List Suggestion by -rafy- on 05-14-2006 at 12:21 AM

WLM already has a sort by status feature

On the contact window press the button with the two green arrows.

RE: Contact-List Suggestion by lachvogel on 05-14-2006 at 10:22 AM

That only sorts contacts by: Online, Mobile, and Offline Status.

EDIT: Look at the screenshot. What I ment, was to reorder all the online contacts. (And I realised, that I have forgotten the "Blocked" status. Maybe that could come at the end of the list)

RE: Contact-List Suggestion by zach on 05-14-2006 at 11:21 AM

I never actually look at status', busy means nothing to me 8-) BUT I guess it could be useful because you could quickly identify what a contacts status is.

RE: Contact-List Suggestion by qgroessl on 05-14-2006 at 11:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
I never actually look at status', busy means nothing to me 8-) BUT I guess it could be useful because you could quickly identify what a contacts status is.

:p Busy's the only status that means something to me! lol... If my contacts are on busy, i won't talk to them... but when they're on away they're usually there.... Busy is mostly commonly used *In my opinion* when they're not actually there, so that toasts and sounds are disabled.

RE: Contact-List Suggestion by Reload2 on 05-14-2006 at 12:13 PM

It's not so interesting to know who's eating either u_u

RE: Contact-List Suggestion by vaccination on 05-14-2006 at 12:49 PM

UTI is right most people who are actually away/busy set them selves to busy (heck i do it)

and i usually just set it to away when i dont want to talk ...

still could be a cool feature

RE: Contact-List Suggestion by lachvogel on 05-14-2006 at 03:23 PM

I thought this could be usefull, so that you can tell which contacts feel like chating or to seperate them from the contacts that don't feel like chatting / are busy or away.

The purpose isn't really to see which contacs have what status, but more to see which contacs are more likely to chat. Well i hope you get what I'm trying to say. ;) I would be very grateful to see this feature!

Greets Lachvogel

RE: Contact-List Suggestion by vaccination on 05-14-2006 at 03:35 PM

Yeah that would be good to tell wether or not to talk 2 them ..... mayb just have online at the top then away and all others then busy then blocked ........ kind of like a hierachy of people most likely to talk