Shoutbox

PC Pitstop - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: PC Pitstop (/showthread.php?tid=59375)

PC Pitstop by Reaper on 05-14-2006 at 01:56 PM

I'm trying to run the Full Test on PC Pitstop but it's IE keeps crashing when it checks my internet upload speed. I tried it using IE Tab and thought that might of been the problem, but it also crashes in IE. Can anyone else confirm this in case it is something wrong with the test and not my computer

RE: PC Pitstop by Ezra on 05-14-2006 at 02:13 PM

When I tested a couple of weeks ago all was ok.

I'll try again, i'll post later if it crashed.

RE: PC Pitstop by ins4ne on 05-14-2006 at 02:13 PM

sorry didnt have any problem... i think its your pc...

RE: PC Pitstop by t1a0s on 05-14-2006 at 02:24 PM

I had no problem using IE Tab or IE, must be something your end.

RE: PC Pitstop by Ezra on 05-14-2006 at 02:31 PM

No problem here, guess there's a problem with your pc.

RE: PC Pitstop by t1a0s on 05-14-2006 at 02:36 PM

I don't know if this helps but, on the page for the upload speed test it says:

quote:
Originally posted by PC Pitstop
DOES YOUR BROWSER HANG WHEN YOU TRY TO TEST? It is probably due to your firewall. The upload test uses the FTP protocol to create a test file on our server. Some firewalls intercept the activity as suspicious, and this can hang or freeze the browser. If you receive a negative number for your upload results, this also indicates that the FTP protocol has been blocked. Temporarily disabling your firewall may allow you to complete the upload test.

Maybe you should give it a try?
RE: PC Pitstop by Reaper on 05-14-2006 at 02:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by t1a0s
I don't know if this helps but, on the page for the upload speed test it says:

quote:
Originally posted by PC Pitstop
DOES YOUR BROWSER HANG WHEN YOU TRY TO TEST? It is probably due to your firewall. The upload test uses the FTP protocol to create a test file on our server. Some firewalls intercept the activity as suspicious, and this can hang or freeze the browser. If you receive a negative number for your upload results, this also indicates that the FTP protocol has been blocked. Temporarily disabling your firewall may allow you to complete the upload test.

Maybe you should give it a try?
But i've tested it before with my firewall. Ill try and run it whilst my firewall is disabled

[Edit] Ran it with my firewall disabled. It worked fine. Its never happened before :S
Thanks for your help anyways.