Shoutbox

Firefox question - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Firefox question (/showthread.php?tid=59386)

Firefox question by YourNeibour on 05-14-2006 at 06:23 PM

Whenever I download a movie or application the window pops up in firefox as to save, open or download with flashgot pops up.  Why is it the little gif or whatever it is comes up as the defauly windows gif you know the white icon and never the corect picture?

I'm just curious  See attached.

RE: Firefox question by ins4ne on 05-14-2006 at 08:41 PM

dont know but its always that white icon... since a started browsing with firefox it was... and it will always be... (?) 

RE: Firefox question by Plik on 05-14-2006 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by YourNeibour
Whenever I download a movie or application the window pops up in firefox as to save, open or download with flashgot pops up.  Why is it the little gif or whatever it is comes up as the defauly windows gif you know the white icon and never the corect picture?

I'm just curious  See attached.
Do you mean why doesn't it show the actual icon of the exe?

If so it's because the exe's icon is stored in the file itself, and if firefox hasn't downloaded the file, it doesn't know what the icon is.
Hope that aswers your question, if not can you try and rephrase what you're asking?
RE: Firefox question by ins4ne on 05-14-2006 at 09:07 PM

Plik you could be right... i never thought that way but its a plausibel explication...

RE: Firefox question by Reaper on 05-14-2006 at 09:12 PM

If you download or movie or music file, it will show your default media player icon. As Plik quite rightly said, the icon is stored within the application itself.

RE: Firefox question by YourNeibour on 05-15-2006 at 01:18 AM

it doesn't show mpg, avi or any types though.  I've download hundred of stuff and never showed it. hmmm weird.

RE: Firefox question by RaceProUK on 05-16-2006 at 12:47 PM

Maybe the icon association's gotten screwed somewhere. Get your media player to restore file associations, see if that helps.

RE: Firefox question by YourNeibour on 05-16-2006 at 02:15 PM

or is this associated with windows itself?