Shoutbox

False "What im listening to" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: False "What im listening to" (/showthread.php?tid=59400)

False "What im listening to" by kripz on 05-15-2006 at 07:00 AM

Can you fake What im listening to? i want to be able to put custom text in the "What im listening to" feature at the end of my name.

RE: False "You Are Listening To" by user27089 on 05-15-2006 at 07:01 AM

I'm not quite sure I understand, please may you explain it a bit clearer.

RE: False "You Are Listening To" by Chris4 on 05-15-2006 at 07:05 AM

I think your getting confused with personal messages and What I'm Listening To.

You have an option. You can either have any text as your personal message, or show what music your listening to.

Personal Messages - You can put any message in this box.
What I'm Listening To - Shows contacts what music you are listening to on Windows Media Player.

RE: False "What im listening to" by kripz on 05-15-2006 at 07:06 AM

Well when i play a song using windows media player and i have the "What im listening to" feature enabled it displays the song at the end of my name eg. kripz (t) Kelly Clarkson - Breakaway.

I want to be able to put fake/custom names where the song would be...

quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
I think your getting confused with personal messages and What I'm Listening To.

You have an option. You can either have any text as your personal message, or show what music your listening to.

Personal Messages - You can put any message in this box.
What I'm Listening To - Shows contacts what music you are listening to on Windows Media Player.

yeah thats right but i want the little headphone icon + underlined blue text to appear to simulate myself listenint to a song.
RE: False "What im listening to" by Zephyr on 05-15-2006 at 08:05 AM

This is possible and you can achieve what you want using a program called Messenger Countdown. The purpose of this program is actually to make a countdown to certain date, but you can type whatever you want in the text box for it to display.

I can't find the website for the application, so i've just attached the file.

[Image: countdown0ka.jpg]

As you see from the picture, there is a date to set a countdown to, but if you just want to type in some text, leave the date and type your text in both boxes where it says text to display.
Then choose your icon from the 3 at the top left.
If you're not doing a countdown, and just want some text in there, you can set the refresh rate to the highest value (120s)
Then press the button with the blue arrows and the text will appear on your personal message. (Note: You will have to wait the ammount of time in the refresh rate before the text first appears. So, at 120s, you will have to wait 120s after you press the blue arrows.

Result:
[Image: custom7fl.jpg]

RE: False "What im listening to" by haydos on 05-15-2006 at 12:43 PM

Well you play a song in winamp (your 'fake' song) and turn on the now playing feature. Turn the WMP volume to zero and you can listen to whatever song you like in an alternative player (eg winamp or iTunes). If you don't have this fake song, you can just rename another song to whatever title you like temporarily and put that into Windows Media Player

RE: False "What im listening to" by kripz on 05-15-2006 at 12:51 PM

yeah but i dont want extra programs running... is there some sort of regedit or something?

RE: False "What im listening to" by Ža7oŽ on 05-15-2006 at 02:01 PM

nope, sorry

Those are the only way's to do it.

RE: False "What im listening to" by MattyRid on 05-16-2006 at 06:12 AM

Zephyr, does the program you posted above require to be in a specific directory (E.g C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger) or can this go in any directory on the computer? :S

RE: False "What im listening to" by Zephyr on 05-16-2006 at 09:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TheItalianStallion
Zephyr, does the program you posted above require to be in a specific directory (E.g C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger) or can this go in any directory on the computer? :S

It will run fine from anywhere on your computer.
RE: False "What im listening to" by Steven on 05-28-2006 at 04:23 PM

It only works from a specific location from my computer.... hmmm,
When i try something else my computer shuts down