Shoutbox

Skype calling now free! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Skype calling now free! (/showthread.php?tid=59440)

Skype calling now free! by ~INVASION~ on 05-16-2006 at 01:54 PM

Any pc to land or cell phone in the united states or canada is now completely free! just download skype and call a number. If it still says you need to buy credits, ignore it and it will still work! its awesome ;)

quote:
Originally posted by skype
If you’re in the US or Canada, you can use SkypeOut to call any landline or mobile number in both the USA and Canada for free.

If you’re in the US or Canada and calling any other country, OR if you’re in any other country and calling landline or mobile numbers in the US or Canada, the standard SkypeOut rates apply.

Of course, Skype-to-Skype calls continue to be globally free, so no changes there.

Yes. It is really very, very free. There’s no prepayment, no minimum use, no subscription, no monthly fee, no nothing. You just download and install Skype and then you start calling. Both the caller and the number called must be in either the US or Canada. There are no strings attached.

The only condition is that we have said free SkypeOut within the US and Canada is guaranteed to last until the end of this year — that is, until December 31, 2006. We’re not quite sure yet what we will do after that. Maybe we extend the free period, maybe not. You’ll hear more about this towards the end of the year.

Until then, happy calling.

RE: Skype calling now free! by Eddie on 05-16-2006 at 01:58 PM

I dont like the fact everything is USA // Canada never other countries like Australia or UK. :(

RE: Skype calling now free! by Voldemort on 05-16-2006 at 08:55 PM

Meh, if you want to call to the us, i bet you could change user data and get it for free..

RE: Skype calling now free! by RaceProUK on 05-17-2006 at 05:19 PM

Unless they use people's IP, which can be tracked to a country.

RE: Skype calling now free! by s7a5 on 05-18-2006 at 09:05 AM

nice, now my pocket pc has phone capabilities :P
~INVASION~ - > tons of thanks for the great news

RE: Skype calling now free! by ShawnZ on 05-18-2006 at 12:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagini
Meh, if you want to call to the us, i bet you could change user data and get it for free..

Since when could you change the user data of a phone number? O.o