Shoutbox

unwanted mouse control - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: unwanted mouse control (/showthread.php?tid=59484)

unwanted mouse control by funkymonkey on 05-17-2006 at 10:03 PM

hi people ,hope ya can help me , i have getting accessed by someone  on my pc ,i have internet 7 and windows live messenger and mail,as well as ntl netgaurd ,and windows defender beta 2,and zonelabs firewall ,.

over last few weeks i have not been able to control my mouse ,when i try to use it ,its constantly jumping all over the screen ,its doing my head in .

i spoke to an I.T. guy from my work ,and he mentioned something about having too many ports open ,and something about port 80??.

i have scanned my pc for spyware ,and viruses ,and they always come back clean ,but i am constantly getting this annoying mouse jumping all over my screen ,i just have no control what so ever ..

can someone help  please before i smash up my pc and walk away ..lol..

can someone tell me how to find all my ports ,and what to do with them,and what ports i should have and what not to have .

thanks in advance

RE: unwanted mouse control by Plik on 05-17-2006 at 10:30 PM

have you tried using a different mouse? Sounds more like a dirty/defective mouse.
Also if you're using an optical mouse, what surface are you using it on? (i.e. shinny, see through)

quote:
Originally posted by funkymonkey
i spoke to an I.T. guy from my work ,and he mentioned something about having too many ports open ,and something about port 80??.
Heh, he should be shot. Port 80 is the port used generally for http transfers. While a trojan could use this port, its unlikly as it could cause tranfer errors, and fudge the trojan up (hence why most trojans use an obscure port number afaik)
RE: unwanted mouse control by Voldemort on 05-17-2006 at 10:45 PM

Yes, it sound to me like if your mouse is defective or its a cheap led optical that came defective, i agree with plik.

RE: unwanted mouse control by funkymonkey on 05-17-2006 at 10:57 PM

its not my mouse people ,its brand new ,and aint no cheap effort . or led crap ,

RE: unwanted mouse control by qgroessl on 05-17-2006 at 10:59 PM

What kind of mouse is it?... add a link to a site if you can find one please.

RE: unwanted mouse control by funkymonkey on 05-17-2006 at 11:01 PM

its a packard bell mouse that came with pc..

RE: unwanted mouse control by Plik on 05-17-2006 at 11:04 PM

Have you tried making sure the mouse is plugged in securely?

quote:
lso if you're using an optical mouse, what surface are you using it on? (i.e. shinny, see through)
Ball or optical?
RE: unwanted mouse control by Voldemort on 05-17-2006 at 11:04 PM

Well, if you think someone hacked you, you could just unplug your internet connection from your computer and see if it still happens
still happens= harware problem
doesnt happen= trojan or we'll see

RE: unwanted mouse control by matty on 05-17-2006 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Take out the ball and clean inside. If its an optical mouse are you using a mouse pad or anything of that sort?
RE: unwanted mouse control by funkymonkey on 05-17-2006 at 11:19 PM

cleaned it all out ,its the ball type mouse ,i know bout getting dirt in it, its first thing i checked .

will try disconnecting internet connection and see ??

RE: unwanted mouse control by Supersonicdarky on 05-17-2006 at 11:37 PM

also try disconnecting mouse and see if it moves around, or does it only happen when you move it?

RE: unwanted mouse control by *Saint* on 05-17-2006 at 11:38 PM

quote:

That same thing happened with the optical mouse that came with my Dell :|, i just use my old mouse and it works perfectly

RE: unwanted mouse control by Voldemort on 05-18-2006 at 12:03 AM

Thats because of the surface youre using it on, try different mouse pads and see what happens :)

RE: unwanted mouse control by RaceProUK on 05-18-2006 at 12:40 PM

quote:
Can someone lend me a Magnum .44? I want to find this guy and teach him how to use a PC, preferably at gunpoint.
Anyone, and I mean anyone, who thinks you have too many ports open is a complete and utter f***ing retard who knows f*** all about computers. It's not unusual for home PCs to have communication over 20 or so ports, and servers over thousands.

There are reasons your mouse is jumping, all of them having nothing to do with the Internet:
1. Dirt inside the mechanism of a ball mouse/the sensor of an optical
    Clean (which you said you did)
2. Loose wiring, inside the mouse or in the wire itself
    Check for damage to the cable, and if you want, open the mouse and check inside
3. Poor connection in the PS/2 port/USB port
    Ensure the plug's firmly in and both plug and socket are clean
4. Loose connection between the port and the motherboard
    Nothing you can do about this sadly
5. Misbehaving drivers
    Reinstall (obviously)
6. Conflicting devices
    Check the info on the mouse in Device Manager for conflicts, and try to resolve them

* RaceProUK takes a deep recovery breath

Hope that helps ;)
RE: RE: unwanted mouse control by rav0 on 05-20-2006 at 01:38 AM

quote:
its not my mouse people ,its brand new ,and aint no cheap effort . or led crap ,

quote:

Packard Bell mouse that comes with PC == cheap mouse

The IT guy at your work should be fired.

How do you know that somebody is accessing your PC?
RE: unwanted mouse control by funkymonkey on 05-20-2006 at 06:24 PM

problem solved ..was my mouse ..just knackered..
ordered new one from packard bell.

thanks for all your replies people .

tgc.

andy