Shoutbox

Polygamy in Messenger Plus! Live - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Polygamy in Messenger Plus! Live (/showthread.php?tid=59488)

Polygamy in Messenger Plus! Live by Nagamasa on 05-18-2006 at 12:20 AM

Other programs out on the internet that allows you to use polygamy has sharing folders disabled. Testers, is this currently the case for Messenger Plus! Live?

RE: Polygamy in Messenger Plus! Live by NiteMare on 05-18-2006 at 12:23 AM

i don't know, i'm not able to access the shared folders at the moment, don't know if its plus related though, i'm looking in to it

Edit: Looking in to its, its not plus causeing it

RE: Polygamy in Messenger Plus! Live by matty on 05-18-2006 at 12:53 AM

Most programs change the code of the EXE thus breaking sharing folders feature. Microsoft digitally signs the exe and most apps break the the signature.

RE: Polygamy in Messenger Plus! Live by RaceProUK on 05-18-2006 at 12:29 PM

Plus!, however, patches in memeory, like SPNG does for older Messengers. Therefore, the EXE signature remains unchanged, and Sharing Folders works.

Is that right?

RE: RE: Polygamy in Messenger Plus! Live by CookieRevised on 05-18-2006 at 05:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Plus!, however, patches in memeory, like SPNG does for older Messengers. Therefore, the EXE signature remains unchanged, and Sharing Folders works.

Is that right?

yes, as Messenger checks the file on disk, not in memory.

-------

Although, I am currently using a patch version of Windows Live Messenger (hard patched, on disk) and Sharing Folders still works perfectly (note: the integrity check is not disable/patched or whatever as you can do with some patches). The latest beta build of Windows Live Messenger does not seem to have the integrity check anymore...
RE: Polygamy in Messenger Plus! Live by absorbation on 05-18-2006 at 05:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Although, I am currently using a patch version of Windows Live Messenger (hard patched, on disk) and Sharing Folders still works perfectly (note: the integrity check is not disable/patched or whatever as you can do with some patches). The latest beta build of Windows Live Messenger does not seem to have the integrity check anymore...

It does, just patches have found a walkaround ;)

http://www.msgstuff.com/news/post/2/
RE: Polygamy in Messenger Plus! Live by Ahmad on 05-18-2006 at 05:31 PM

The latest 689 beta still has the integrity check, I've checked and tested it.

quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
Other programs out on the internet that allows you to use polygamy has sharing folders disabled. Testers, is this currently the case for Messenger Plus! Live?

Using A-Patch won't disable Sharing Folders.

RE: Polygamy in Messenger Plus! Live by M73A on 05-18-2006 at 05:33 PM

ive got patched wlm and it says synchronization failed... would i need to reinstall wlm to fix this.. wondered what was going wrong..

thanks.

RE: RE: Polygamy in Messenger Plus! Live by CookieRevised on 05-18-2006 at 08:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ahmad
The latest 689 beta still has the integrity check, I've checked and tested it.
I applied all my patches by hand myself, no disabling of the integrity check was included in that, sharing folders just works like always...

I can be wrong in this, I'll need to do a binary comparisson to check this (as I don't remember everything by heart) but I'm quite sure.