Shoutbox

MPL! Logo - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MPL! Logo (/showthread.php?tid=59516)

MPL! Logo by ins4ne on 05-18-2006 at 08:49 PM

hey guys im searching for a good MPL! logo to put it as background into my contactlist to make WLM look more Plus!... sounds dumb but i think that would look cool... so my oppinion...

RE: MPL! Logo by Supersonicdarky on 05-18-2006 at 08:59 PM

[Image: logo_symbol_only_big.png]

RE: MPL! Logo by ins4ne on 05-18-2006 at 09:01 PM

wow that looks wonderful =) thx a lot man =) just what i was searching for... great and good quality =)

EDIT: when i save my logo in gif the colors are rubish :( how can i make them look like in jpg or png? cuz ps saves in 256color mode...

EDIT2: ok guys found a solution :D looks cool :D *happy*

RE: MPL! Logo by CookieRevised on 05-18-2006 at 09:23 PM

1) the image is a PNG.... WLM supports PNG

2) when you save the image to a format which can't contain 24/32bit colors (like gif), PS will popup a conversion dialog box, choose the appropiate color reduction method.

3) when you save it as an jpg, no colors should be reduced at all.

4) when reducing colors of such an image with such an amount of color gradients, you bound to have some stripes. No way around that.

5) make sure the stripes you (might) see aren't because you're just looking at reduced/magnified version of the image.

6) PS is meant to edit high resolution, high color images and it is the best in that. As such, it sux big time when it comes down to manipulating image formats like that (eg: reducing colors, etc), PaintShopPro is hundred times better for such things which hundreds times more control.

RE: MPL! Logo by ins4ne on 05-18-2006 at 09:30 PM

thx cookie but everything's ok :D i found a way to make it work without these stripes =)