Shoutbox

yahoo & WLM - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: yahoo & WLM (/showthread.php?tid=59522)

yahoo & WLM by NiteMare on 05-19-2006 at 12:35 AM

as we all heard along time ago, that MSN (now WLM) would be joining serivces with yahoo messenger, so the 2 clients can talk between each other

WLM 8 is almost final (from what we hear) and this feature will obviously take some testing to gte right, so why have we not seen any sign of it?

RE: yahoo & WLM by Hank on 05-19-2006 at 12:44 AM

it wont be formerly introduced till 8.1 i dont think, as patchou said a long time ago  i hink its being internally tested in MS

RE: yahoo & WLM by RebelSean on 05-19-2006 at 03:18 AM

AFAIK it's not going to be included in the initial 8.0 release. As everyone else has been saying, the only thing that fits this is "Soon". Don't ask when soon is because we won't know until the next beta cycle.

RE: RE: yahoo & WLM by andrewdodd13 on 05-19-2006 at 05:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RebelSean
As everyone else has been saying, the only thing that fits this is "Soon". Don't ask when soon is because we won't know until the next beta cycle.

And, when MS said back in 2003 that Vista (Longhorn, but w/e) was gonna be released "In the near future" ... look at the date on it now. Personally, I think it will take a long time for this to come around, especially due to the need to merge the protocols (which can be a real pain) and the fact that people may have registered their yahoo username with passport, making a duplicate account... oh the fun that could be making this work :).
RE: yahoo & WLM by NiteMare on 05-19-2006 at 05:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
and the fact that people may have registered their yahoo username with passport, making a duplicate account
that would probualy not make a duplocate accoutn, just when you open WLM one day you might see your yahoo contacts
RE: yahoo & WLM by Schockwave on 05-20-2006 at 04:38 PM

I was wondering about this, since I heard that we should be able to add Yahoo contacts, so thank you for the update, will just have to wait patiently until this is possible, hopefully sooner rather than later.

RE: yahoo & WLM by EvilSeph on 05-21-2006 at 01:35 PM

Duplicate accounts should not ever happen since the whole system will, sorry..should use Windows Live ID (passport).

As such you cannot register an account that already exists, so I doubt they will make the mistake of adding an account that already exists.