Shoutbox

The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers (/showthread.php?tid=59546)

The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by Mentality on 05-19-2006 at 11:55 PM

Hey did anybody watch this, It was released in cinema's on the 19th (yesterday)

I havn't watched it yet, but I surely will. Also I havn't read the book yet, I'm watching the movie first, since most movie that are derived from books usually mess it up.

Don't tell me what happens if you did watch it or read it, I just wanna know if it was actually any good, and did it keep to the book very well.

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by wj on 05-20-2006 at 12:55 AM

I'm going to see it tonight.

I read the book, I love the book. I've heard some bad things about the movie, But I still recomend the book.

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by -dt- on 05-20-2006 at 01:35 AM

seeing it tonight , the book was great not sure how well the movie will do though

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by CookieRevised on 05-20-2006 at 01:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
Hey did anybody watch this, It was released in cinema's on the 19th (yesterday)

I havn't watched it yet, but I surely will. Also I havn't read the book yet, I'm watching the movie first, since most movie that are derived from books usually mess it up.

Don't tell me what happens if you did watch it or read it, I just wanna know if it was actually any good, and did it keep to the book very well.

As opposed to how most movies based on books are: those who read the book first useually love/like the movie. Those who didn't read the book first, don't find the movie that great or even finding it awful.

The movie isn't that spectacular and you need to have read the book to follow and understand everything in the movie. The movie isn't a big action movie but rather a moralising thing (even more than the book).
RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by lordy on 05-20-2006 at 02:04 AM

to be honest, i usually find the movie tobe pretty bad if i read the book first, because the movies just don't give the amount of depth that a book does (mainly because of the length the movie would be if it did).

I'm in a bit of mixed feeling about the Da Vinci code movie, but I'll hafta see it before I pass judgement. I just don't think it can be as good as the book

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by wj on 05-20-2006 at 04:14 AM

I've heard people who havent read the book liked it more then those who did.

Downside of writing a great book I guess.

Edit:

Just got back from the movie, I liked it, but I still liked the book better.

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by ~INVASION~ on 05-20-2006 at 08:00 AM

have not read the book, but the movie, was awesome! I loved it and thought the story was really well put together. I do not think that the movie should have the church in an uproar and against it because it is a "fictional" story. Them saying it's a bad movie and that it should not be viewed gives the people who believ this is how history happened more reason to believe.

All in all go see it, very good movie and will be talked about for a while to come.

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by adam.yao on 05-20-2006 at 08:02 AM

Tomorrow morning. I hope that is a wonderful film.

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by user27089 on 05-20-2006 at 08:48 AM

I'll probably end up going to see that and Silent Hill during the half-term holidays. I know what happens so I'm not really looking forward to it, some newspapers gave it really bad reviews.

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by Negro_Joe on 05-20-2006 at 09:00 AM

I know, as yet i havnt heard anything good about it...:|

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by haydos on 05-20-2006 at 09:08 AM

Snape kills Dumbledore!!! Oh... I mean:P

I watched it last night, after reading the book in the past and I thought it was quite good. It was a little slow at times but still very good to watch. I personally thought that I wouldn't have liked it as much if I hadn't read the book, although one of my mates who I was with hadn't read the book but really liked it.

I think it stuck quite well to the book, considereing some other movies based on books

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by stoshrocket on 05-20-2006 at 10:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
to be honest, i usually find the movie tobe pretty bad if i read the book first, because the movies just don't give the amount of depth that a book does (mainly because of the length the movie would be if it did).

i feel the same way about the book to movie thing... i prefer the book if i've read it first 9 times out of 10, but if i see the movie first then read the book i find that i like the movie, but love the book, because i have the base knowledge from the film and also the developed plots from the book. Whereas if i read the book first, i find that i get angry that the movie left a certain plot development out that i liked etc etc...

as for the da vinci code it was a good interpretation of the book, and is a good film, but i still prefer the book, to be honest one fo the only films that has derived from a book that i liked even thoough ive read the book first... (y)

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by Mentality on 05-20-2006 at 11:14 PM

Wow, sounds like it's gonna be really kewl from what opinions I have read so far, I can't wait. And I certainly can't wait to read the book.

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by tony on 05-21-2006 at 04:01 AM

seen it a few hours ago, i really like the movie, go and see it :D.

RE: RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by blackjack on 05-21-2006 at 04:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tony
seen it a few hours ago, i really like the movie, go and see it :D.

And who told you to watch that movie, uh? :refuck: Me ofcourse :P

Just saw it.. its gr8 (y)
RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by Banner on 05-21-2006 at 06:23 AM

I readed the book but didn't like the movie. That was boring

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by John Anderton on 05-21-2006 at 06:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
The movie isn't a big action movie but rather a moralising thing (even more than the book).
Meaning it ought to be a good movie .... ill go and watch it with my mates after our exams are done :D
RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by Rubber Stamp on 05-21-2006 at 02:11 PM

its not been released here yet, religious problems..

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by fishybobbins on 05-21-2006 at 02:39 PM

I just watched the movie and it was almost as bad as (if not worse than) the book which I didn't think was possible.  I don't have a clue as to why it appeals to anyone.

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by Max on 05-21-2006 at 03:32 PM

I have not read the book, but I made it my duty to go and see it (I managed to get an early screening at quarter to midnight on Thursday) and I thought it was absolutely brilliant.

I was not bored by one singly moment, I became completely stuck into the whole idea.

I am sure it will win several awards, not badly directed considering the director was in Happy Days. Maybe the Fonz gave him advice on how to make it cool.

RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by paperless on 05-21-2006 at 05:24 PM

quote:
As opposed to how most movies based on books are: those who read the book first useually love/like the movie. Those who didn't read the book first, don't find the movie that great or even finding it awful.

I didnt read the book because actually i dont like to read but i loved the movie..
Its really good and makes you think a lot.. it is now one of my favorite movies ever..
Most people who dont like it are probably religious.. no offence tho.

There are different ways of watching a movie. really.. you could look at the part where they talked a lot as a chit chat everyday among friends or you could listen to it and try to understand what they said..

Its just like "The Island" its my fave movie but people dont understand how can it be so good mainly because what they saw was a clones running away more than thinking about the meaningful message it broadcasts..its sad..
RE: RE: The Da Vinci Code - No Spoilers by Vilkku on 05-21-2006 at 05:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
quote:

I didnt rad the book because actually i dont like to read but i loved the movie..
Its really good and makes you think a lot.. it is now one of my favorite movies ever..
Most people who dont like it are probably religious.. no offence tho.

You should read the book, it's extremely easy and fast to read.