Shoutbox

Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) (/showthread.php?tid=59582)

Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by aNILEator on 05-20-2006 at 07:28 PM

Everyone should vote for finland in the eurovision song contest right now. their identifier code is 17 so whatever your phone in or text in number is add 17 to the end

you should vote for finland because they are putting in Lordi, who are a metal band who dress up as monsters and will actually play some good music :P

HAHAHAA did anyone see latvias entry just now what the hell was that all about?

anyway vote finland

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by TheGeek on 05-20-2006 at 07:38 PM

Eurosong isn't about singing anymore, nowadays, it's about the act.
That's why i think Lordi will end up as the winner.

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by absorbation on 05-20-2006 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TheGeek
Eurosong isn't about singing anymore, nowadays, it's about the act.
That's why i think Lordi will end up as the winner.

Na, about how much countries hate each other. :P
RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by Stigmata on 05-20-2006 at 07:56 PM

i thought it was all politics anyway :S

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by x2zen on 05-20-2006 at 08:13 PM

The UK should win :)

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by RaPLeX on 05-20-2006 at 08:14 PM

Finland :D They are crazy :P I liked their song,but i think russia will win^o)

RE: RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by Supersonicdarky on 05-20-2006 at 08:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by RaPLeX
Finland :D They are crazy :P I liked their song,but i think russia will win^o)

yay!

i dont even know what eurovision/song is :P
RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by Tasha on 05-20-2006 at 08:21 PM

UK's song sucks. xD But Finland should so totally win!
But it is about the politics, sucks really. :sad:

Finland, Romania and Sweden are the best. :)

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by Negro_Joe on 05-20-2006 at 08:22 PM

I just saw finland on it, they were crap, good music my arse...

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by aNILEator on 05-20-2006 at 08:28 PM

go fuck yourself n_j :P

what about lativa's "We are the weeeeners of eurovision" that was rather cliche

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by aNILEator on 05-20-2006 at 08:36 PM

yeah loved the cheese factor :D

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by Jhrono on 05-20-2006 at 08:59 PM

The finnish song sucks :S

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by Sunshine on 05-20-2006 at 09:00 PM

My personal favourites: Finland, Russia, Former bladibla Macedonia

But as always my predictions/musical taste will be far of from what they choose as winner....

Worst by far for me is Turkey.

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by user27089 on 05-20-2006 at 09:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
I just saw finland on it, they were crap, good music my arse...

That's what I thought.

John music, lol.
RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by Chris4 on 05-20-2006 at 09:18 PM

My dad was laughing at Finland, I didn't find it that funny though. They look quite good.

UK song it quite catchy, bit childish though.

Edit: Finland are winning :-#:S

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by aNILEator on 05-20-2006 at 09:36 PM

lol france nil points, finland fuck loads :P

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by Negro_Joe on 05-20-2006 at 09:51 PM

Finland are on like 200 and something...:lol:

and the worst so far was israel, oh god, they were atrocious :|

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by fishybobbins on 05-20-2006 at 10:01 PM

Finland won!!!!  I'm glad because they were the only good act.

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by Tasha on 05-20-2006 at 10:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fishybobbins
Finland won!!!!  I'm glad because they were the only good act.
Haha yeah, they're so awesome. xD *dances* I think they were definitely the best there. :) Scary as hell, but the best. :P
RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by M73A on 05-20-2006 at 10:03 PM

i voted for finland :D lol

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by Chris4 on 05-20-2006 at 10:05 PM

Why does no one like the UK? :(

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by RaPLeX on 05-20-2006 at 10:06 PM

Satan group won the eurovision (h5) to world... i vote for russia

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by aNILEator on 05-20-2006 at 10:09 PM

hmm why does no one vote for england because we had some chav singing :P

seriously rock on finland :D

RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by Menthix on 05-20-2006 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Satan group won the eurovision
Lol, WTF @ satan. People thinking "OMG metal equals satanists" are such retards :s. Lordi actually had a single titled "Devil is a Loser".

The whole eurovision stuff sucks, but an act like this winning was at least some fun. Oh, and you gotta love our crazy Dutch gay guy too who gave the points from the Netherlands :D
RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by aNILEator on 05-20-2006 at 10:26 PM

ha yeah he was funny

german presenter and the fat man were really fucked up, and most of the women presenters were well over teh top :P

Tonight has been AMAZING, really AMAZING, every act has been AMAZING truely AMAZING :P stupid presenter :lol:

RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by Idium on 05-20-2006 at 10:58 PM

finland won by almost 300 AMAZING points

RE: RE: RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by Chris4 on 05-20-2006 at 11:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by nimicitor
quote:
Originally posted by Chris4
Why does no one like the UK? :(

because it was a chav with a bunch of slags in uniform.

Yeah but we always do crap :P
quote:
also UK wont win because of iraq etc
Yeah, that's what I thought. Hmmmm. :(
RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by No Leg Joe on 05-20-2006 at 11:14 PM

UK should have kaiser chiefs playing (would kinda ruin the Kaiser's rep. though...)
UK FTW!

RE: RE: VOTE FOR FINLAND (EUROVISION) by RaPLeX on 05-21-2006 at 08:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Satan group won the eurovision
Lol, WTF @ satan. People thinking "OMG metal equals satanists" are such retards :s. Lordi actually had a single titled "Devil is a Loser".

The whole eurovision stuff sucks, but an act like this winning was at least some fun. Oh, and you gotta love our crazy Dutch gay guy too who gave the points from the Netherlands :D

No! I like a lot of metal groups (Manowar,S.O.A.D.,Metallica etc..)
and metal is not equals satanists.

Eurovision=political-dissident :)
RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by andrewdodd13 on 05-21-2006 at 08:38 AM

The Eurovision is always crap, if every country wanted to win they'd put their best groups up for it - but the best groups don't want to do it, because it's... well it's kinda crap, and they'd probably lose because of politics, and who wants to be known that they lost the Eurovision?

Anyway - I'm glad Finland won. Lordi are great, I'd actually heard about them before the contest.

Music Video,  if you want to see.

RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by aNILEator on 05-21-2006 at 08:42 PM

yeah same i've been a fan for about 2 years now

RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by Vazza on 05-21-2006 at 08:53 PM

The Uk will never win because we don't belong to mainland Europe. And it all political voting anyways i.e. scandanavian countries voting for neighbours and baltic countries voting baltic countries.

Daz Sampson did the UK proud although I still say that the City Chix would have done a better job for the UK (a).

The only good thing is that the UK can't ger relegated because we put so much money into the EBU. On that note, who did get relegated this year

RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by Menfreya on 05-23-2006 at 07:26 PM

Daz Simpson was horrible. I guess UK has no taste for Eurovision music.

A guy with six schoolgirls? Give us a break! 

RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by Vazza on 05-23-2006 at 07:33 PM

Hey, at least they were dressed properly and not like what you find on the street corners after midnight

RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by azur on 05-23-2006 at 07:50 PM

bosnia & croatia were the best (H) the rest wasnt so good ... who understands the text knows, that the 2 songs were very great and both of them sang with their heart ^^

finnland was only a "good" act for all , but i found it crap³

RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by vaccination on 05-23-2006 at 07:56 PM

Lordi was amazing!!! there costumes were the only good thing about the show

the whole eurovision thing is a joke really.. its just a political show... where people only vote for the contry they like not the song.

Also we(uk) wont ever win 1) because were not fully part of europe 2) we went to war with irag so most countries dont like us even more!

The show was pretty lame though

RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by _Humphreys on 05-23-2006 at 09:07 PM

Ya Slipknot won!!!!

lol, I can see why we got such a low score...the song sucked.

Speaking of politics, the UK should be land-locked so we win the damm thing. :P

RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by RaceProUK on 05-24-2006 at 12:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
what about lativa's "We are the weeeeners of eurovision" that was rather cliche
Amaizing it's taken this long to point out that it was actually Lithuania who did that song. Latvia did a typical Eurovision song.

But anyway, Lordi deserved to win it: they were the only fresh thing on the menu after all.

Edit: I voted for Lordi btw.

And kudos to the psycho bald guy from Lithuania.
RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by aNILEator on 05-25-2006 at 07:10 AM

yes respect to the harry hill look-a-like skank :D

RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by user27089 on 05-25-2006 at 07:18 AM

I think it's bollocks when people keep saying it's "political"... Maybe, and most likely it's not political at all... We all know that our song sucked, there's no reason to blame politics on it...

If we would've had a good song, maybe we would've won. :-/

Also, about the whole Iraq thing, we aren't the only country to get involved in that :-/.

RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by RaceProUK on 05-25-2006 at 10:09 AM

This year's voting wasn't political. If it was, apparently Romania and Moldova(?) wouldn't have given each other shedloads of points.

RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by CookieRevised on 05-25-2006 at 12:22 PM

Lordi won because it stood out of all the rest. It was 'original' compared to the rest.

If you get 20 songs in a row which are all alike and 1 which is totally different, than you can bet that it is exactly that song which will be remembered.

The problem is: next year, many groups will try to imitate such stuff and you'll see again 20 songs doing some strange shit. The one that will win will be the traditional eurovision song.

Next year after that, everybody will do traditional songs again because that won the year before and .... etc... etc....

Though politics do play a big role in the voting (not so much as last year, but still, it's there)

PS: unlike some other songs, the one from Lordi was a total package, everything fitted well. You can't sing a romantic ballad dressed up as clowns, just as you can't sing a metal song dressed up as a diva, the picture wouldn't be correct (like: wth was up with those school girls, where did they fitted in???). Lordi had a good song, good lyrics and the costumes fitted what they sung. The totall concept was correct, not to mention it was totally different than all the rest, hence why they won.... I think

RE: RE: RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by Vilkku on 05-25-2006 at 12:41 PM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
This year's voting wasn't political. If it was, apparently Romania and Moldova(?) wouldn't have given each other shedloads of points.

they are allies, thats why they voted for each other. same with scandinavian countries.

Well, everyone gave shitloads of points to us (Finland), not just Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Iceland ;)
RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by RaceProUK on 05-25-2006 at 04:32 PM

quote:
they are allies, thats why they voted for each other. same with scandinavian countries.
I might be remembering wrong then. I'm sure there's a country that supposedly hates Romania, and they were in Eurovision.
RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Finland WON!, votes over (EUROVISION) by vaccination on 05-25-2006 at 05:32 PM

quote:
uk should have taken iron maiden up on their offer:P

Yeh that would have been amazing!