Shoutbox

Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro (/showthread.php?tid=59587)

Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro by nour on 05-20-2006 at 10:07 PM

Does anyone know how to use Messenger Plus! with Trillian??

RE: Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro by Chris4 on 05-20-2006 at 10:08 PM

Messenger Plus! is for MSN Messenger, it is not compatible with Trillian.

RE: Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro by NiteMare on 05-20-2006 at 10:09 PM

messenger plus is designed for only MSN messenger, and is not trillian compatable, there is no way to intigrate it in.

RE: Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro by nour on 05-20-2006 at 10:10 PM

I found a trillian plugin that is supposed to make it compatible and I can't figure out how to make it work!!

RE: Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro by NiteMare on 05-20-2006 at 10:13 PM

i don't think that plugin is real, its probualy just a joke, because MSN mesesnger is a completely different program from trillian, they are both coded differently, the only similarity is that they access the same network, so it really doesn't seem possable

RE: Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro by Chris4 on 05-20-2006 at 10:13 PM

I don't believe there is a plug-in to do that. Where did you get it, do you have a link?

RE: Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro by Menthix on 05-20-2006 at 10:14 PM

There is indeed a plugin for Trillian called Messenger Plus! Compatibility. No fake, I used it when I had Trillian for a while. The options are very limited, but it does do what it promises. From the description: "this plugin allows you to send and receive the special messages that it supports with them - /me, /ping and sounds (receive only)".

RE: Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro by nour on 05-20-2006 at 10:14 PM

yes

http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/downloads/detail.php?item=253

RE: Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro by NiteMare on 05-20-2006 at 10:17 PM

from what i can see, this does not make plus compatable, but only mimics pluses funcions

RE: Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro by nour on 05-20-2006 at 10:17 PM

ok. Thanks everyone!!

RE: Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro by Chris4 on 05-20-2006 at 10:40 PM

Hmm, interesting.

Well, I just installed Triallian Basic 3.1 and downloaded the plug-in.

It's a bit dodgy, it appears to work but the person who your talknig to doesn't see the correct thing, like when you say "/me says hi" it appears as "Chris says hi" but on the contacts your speaking to, it says "/me says hi"

[Image: trillian3il.th.png]

Wouldn't reccomend using it. Use MSN Messenger :)

RE: Using Messenger Plus! with Trillian Pro by nour on 05-20-2006 at 10:49 PM

You're right. Thanks!