Shoutbox

Detecting Block - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Detecting Block (/showthread.php?tid=59663)

Detecting Block by ag_varun on 05-23-2006 at 02:51 AM

hey
i am new to messenger plugins and was wondering if there is a way to detect whether someone has blocked you? any plugins for that?
thanks
ag_varun

RE: Detecting Block by Kafman on 05-23-2006 at 02:57 AM

Read this: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=30637

RE: Detecting Block by Voldemort on 05-23-2006 at 02:57 AM

No, that is impossible, due to the protocol, unless you ask them :P.

RE: Detecting Block by NiteMare on 05-23-2006 at 03:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagini
unless you ask them
kinda hard to ask if your blocked:P
RE: Detecting Block by Felu on 05-23-2006 at 03:59 AM

This is possible. Go to Tools>Options>Privacy>See who has added you to his/her contact list>View. This will show all the people that have you and if they dont have you this means you are blocked :p.

I know that this takes time but is the only way out.:)

RE: Detecting Block by NiteMare on 05-23-2006 at 04:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
This is possible. Go to Tools>Options>Privacy>See who has added you to his/her contact list>View. This will show all the people that have you and if they dont have you this means you are blocked :p.

wrong, this is nolonger true, if you are blocked, but still on there contact list, they will still be on that list, i've tryed it myself
RE: Detecting Block by haydos on 05-23-2006 at 04:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-

wrong, this is nolonger true, if you are blocked, but still on there contact list, they will still be on that list, i've tryed it myself
Also, on the other side of the coin, you can be deleted without being blocked, therefore you wouldn't appear on the person's list but you wouldn't be blocked. This method is very unprecise.
RE: Detecting Block by FineWolf on 05-30-2006 at 11:40 PM

If a person is offline, you may want to try to see his MSN Space if he as one (assuming it is set to a private space). If you get a "Request Access" message on the space, you have been blocked.But then again, it relies on many factors.

RE: Detecting Block by Voldemort on 05-30-2006 at 11:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf
If a person is offline, you may want to try to see his MSN Space if he as one (assuming it is set to a private space). If you get a "Request Access" message on the space, you have been blocked.But then again, it relies on many factors.

He could have chosen not to make it public...
RE: RE: Detecting Block by FineWolf on 05-31-2006 at 04:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagini
quote:
Originally posted by FineWolf

He could have chosen not to make it public...

That's the point... If its not public, its accessible by only people in the contact list of the said contact, and these need to be unblocked.
RE: Detecting Block by High Speed Chaser on 05-31-2006 at 07:09 AM

you could try and make a new account and add that contact (something that doesnt give you away) or ask a friend or you could accept the fact that they have blocked you (probably for a reason)