Shoutbox

MSN capabilties - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN capabilties (/showthread.php?tid=59675)

MSN capabilties by mytoyo on 05-23-2006 at 08:16 PM

Hello,

my name is mabel and i'm a newbie to the boards. I was wondering if theres a way to add msn messenger to your own personal site?
Would i need a plug in of some kind?
thanks
-Mabel

RE: MSN capabilties by user27089 on 05-23-2006 at 08:30 PM

Unfortunately there is no way to do this easily.

RE: MSN capabilties by mytoyo on 05-23-2006 at 08:42 PM

yeah i figured, i've been search online for almost 2 hours trying to find answers. If you have anything that can help me out i would appreciate it.
-Mabel

RE: MSN capabilties by Supersonicdarky on 05-23-2006 at 11:59 PM

didnt the person who made mmclient allow you to add webmsnm to your website?

RE: MSN capabilties by RaceProUK on 05-24-2006 at 12:31 AM

The site does mention something about personal site versions

RE: MSN capabilties by andrewdodd13 on 05-24-2006 at 08:06 AM

There used to be a template class for the MSNP9 protocol lying on the net somewhere, although I keep getting an error when I try to use it these days, I think the login system has changed.

It was written in PHP and didn't really do much, but I can see how it could be easily modified to do *something* constructive...
Although to make a proper working client you'll need something like JavaScript or AJAX (oooh now there's a cool idea...)

I can't remember, but I think if you want to just get a users contacts and display them, as long as you don't send the ILN NLN command, that it won't sign you out if you're currently signed in...

Check out the PHP Class here.

RE: MSN capabilties by RaceProUK on 05-24-2006 at 12:59 PM

If you sign in anywhere, no matter whether you send 'ILN NLN' or not, it'll sign you out of the other location. 'ILN NLN' only changes your status to Online.

RE: MSN capabilties by mytoyo on 05-24-2006 at 01:51 PM

thanks for the response guys but if its too much code to write the client also gave me the option to have yahoo or google chat launch from their site.

I've been able to do it with AIM which was like 2 lines of code and extremly simple.

What about Trillian, since this would cover 2 of the 3 (msn,yahoo)?

thanks again