Shoutbox

Question... (win95 + msn5) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Question... (win95 + msn5) (/showthread.php?tid=59680)

Question... (win95 + msn5) by pepemontt on 05-23-2006 at 11:07 PM

Hello..
I have a little question and long explanation....
I have this old compu.. win95 unfortunately and running msn5... No way to install something better... I think!
I am still wondering the way to set my picture while am chating to show my hugly face to friends..... But no way... Or is that the version of MSN doesnt accept to do that?!?!?!?! Is there any body more use to the software who could be so nice to give me an answer PLEASEEEEE!!! please
Thanks.
pepemontt

RE: Question... by qgroessl on 05-23-2006 at 11:57 PM

Yes... you need MSN 7.0 or later to use the display pictures... Which I'm pretty sure isn't possible with anything older the Window 98 (probably wrong on that one)...

RE: Question... by Reaper on 05-24-2006 at 12:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Yes... you need MSN 7.0 or later to use the display pictures... Which I'm pretty sure isn't possible with anything older the Window 98 (probably wrong on that one)...
Wasn't MSN 6.1 the first to have display pictures?
RE: Question... by remember_987 on 05-24-2006 at 12:11 AM

on windows 98 you can install MSN 7.0 (possibly even a higher version?) I used to have it so your fine on that front just go out and download it

RE: Question... by RaceProUK on 05-24-2006 at 12:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
quote:
Originally posted by UTI
Wasn't MSN 6.1 the first to have display pictures?
Or even 6.0.
* RaceProUK checks...
Version 6.0 was the first to get DPs.
RE: Question... by qgroessl on 05-24-2006 at 02:08 AM

Okay... but now which one is compatible with Windows 95 as the user says that's the latest he has. :p

RE: Question... by andrewdodd13 on 05-24-2006 at 08:02 AM

It's maybe a cop-out, but I'm sure if the PC supports it you could upgrade to Windows 98 SE. Basically, this is the only version of Windows 9x (excluding ME... but it crashes a lot more than 98SE) which still has some software actively developed for it.

I had it running on a 233MHz / 64 MB RAM (and 0kb L2 cache... wtf :() until last week (when I stuck W2k on it :D), so the fact the PC is old shouldn't be much of a problem.

If that's not an option, I don't know if it'll work, but something like amsn may work on 95, though I doubt it :(.

RE: Question... by RaceProUK on 05-24-2006 at 12:56 PM

aMSN will only work if you install a Tcl/Tk runtime package.