Shoutbox

Windows Vista Beta 2?? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Windows Vista Beta 2?? (/showthread.php?tid=59683)

Windows Vista Beta 2?? by YourNeibour on 05-24-2006 at 12:56 AM

Hey,

I'm just curious, when Windows Vista beta 2 becomes available to the public who here will download it?   I know I am :D

RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by Hank on 05-24-2006 at 01:14 AM

it will be available to the public? the beta wont be available to the public.. there preparing it for when its available to the public = final release

RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by YourNeibour on 05-24-2006 at 01:32 AM

Yes I read on neowin that vista beta 2 should be available shortly

RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by Hank on 05-24-2006 at 01:34 AM

windows vista beta 2 wont be released to the public.. only the testers get it an or other devs , not the whole public

RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by Supersonicdarky on 05-24-2006 at 01:35 AM

there is no reason why they would give the (alost completed) beta of a paid product for free. since the cheapest version of vista will cost around $200? dollars, people will just download and use the beta instead. thee were probably talking about something else

RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by YourNeibour on 05-24-2006 at 01:45 AM

From my understanding it will be a full working beta of windows vista that will expire.

RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by NiteMare on 05-24-2006 at 01:54 AM

i got a news letter about it today

quote:
MSDN Windows Vista and Microsoft Office Beta Experience Special Edition, May, 23 2006

but when i clicked the link, you could only download the Office beta
RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by YourNeibour on 05-24-2006 at 01:56 AM

Windows Vista should be available soon as a public beta.

RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by Hank on 05-24-2006 at 02:02 AM

beats me why MS would release a full windows beta of Vista to the public unless there hoping it may entice people to buy the retailed version by letting the public download a beta?

RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by NiteMare on 05-24-2006 at 02:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal

beats me why MS would release a full windows beta of Vista to the public unless there hoping it may entice people to buy the retailed version by letting the public download a beta?
theres probualy built in faults that would force the user to buy it:P
RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by Hank on 05-24-2006 at 02:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Neowin
Microsoft announced today that both Windows Vista Beta 2 and Office 2007 Beta 2 are released as public betas today.

Windows Vista Beta 2 carries the tag - 5384.4-060518-1455 and Office 2007 Beta 2 is build 12.0.4017.1006

Both are available for download from connect/MSDN and Office is available publically. We are told that Vista should be available publically shortly.

hope they release a 64bit one aswell as 32bit one fur us 64bit pc users
RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by xJ + on 05-24-2006 at 07:44 AM

yes, they will release a PUBLIC version of both office 2007 and windows vista beta 2.
I've just received an e-mail to dl the beta of office 2007 and it indicates that there'll be a public dl of vista soon.
What the other said are true except for some.

RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by andrewdodd13 on 05-24-2006 at 07:46 AM

AFAIK Windows Betas are never released to the public, only MSDN subscribers. Office 2007 Beta 2 has been released to everybody, though.

I think there's too much potential for problems if they put OS betas into the hands of people who don't know what they're doing...

RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by xJ + on 05-24-2006 at 07:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by andrewdodd13
AFAIK Windows Betas are never released to the public, only MSDN subscribers.

It'll be....
quote:
Download the Latest Windows Vista
If you are not already a member of the Windows Vista beta program, there are still two ways to obtain the latest public CTP or beta version of Windows Vista.

MSDN Subscriptions - If you have an MSDN Subscription (Operating System level or higher), you can download the latest version of Windows Vista.
(Read information on purchasing an MSDN Subscription)

Windows Vista Beta Program If you wish to become a beta member, you can do so by registering for the world-wide Windows Vista Beta Experience. 

RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by Hank on 05-26-2006 at 12:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Neowin
The launch of the consumer version of Windows Vista, Microsoft's new operating system, could be pushed back past the stated January launch date, Microsoft Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer said today.

The operating system was due to be launched this year but in March the company said it wouldn't get broad release until January 2007. Ballmer said Wednesday that the planned January launch may slip further based on feedback from a beta release program and the product road-maps of hardware vendors.

"We think we are on track for shipping early in the year. We've talked about the month, but we get a chance to critically assess all of the feedback we'll get from this beta release then confirm or move [the launch date] a few weeks," he said at a news conference in Tokyo.

As Neowin reported at the start of the month, research group Gartner predicted something similar to this was going to happen based on Microsoft's past performance with Windows release dates.

Vista launch Could Slip

RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by user27089 on 05-26-2006 at 06:30 AM

http://www.microsoft.com/Windowsvista/

It is going to be available to beta testers and IT Professionals only.

RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by xJ + on 05-26-2006 at 06:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
http://www.microsoft.com/Windowsvista/

It is going to be available to beta testers and IT Professionals only.
ya unless you register, you can get the beta.
RE: Windows Vista Beta 2?? by Underlord on 05-26-2006 at 06:53 AM

The Technet newsletter stated that it would be providing download links to Vista and Office in future editions.