Shoutbox

svchost.exe application error - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: svchost.exe application error (/showthread.php?tid=59717)

svchost.exe application error by kierant on 05-24-2006 at 08:56 PM

My friend has just bought a new Dell laptop and when she turns it on she gets an svchost.exe application error on startup. It says press OK to terminate the program or Cancel to debug. Neither option helps or does anything.

We tried reinstalling Windows to see if that fixed it but the same things still happens.

Any ideas?

XP Pro btw.

Thanks

RE: svchost.exe application error by Chris4 on 05-24-2006 at 09:40 PM

I'd get your friend to contact Dell because she shouldn't have received the laptop not working.

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.as...uk?c=uk&l=en&s=gen

RE: svchost.exe application error by welshboy222 on 05-25-2006 at 03:45 AM

Now thats strange Dell selling faulty computers now that doesn't happen everyday!

RE: svchost.exe application error by Voldemort on 05-25-2006 at 03:47 AM

How does your post help?
No useful post = no post

RE: svchost.exe application error by Grue on 05-25-2006 at 05:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nagini
How does your post help?
No useful post = no post

Could say the same thing to you..... your post isn't helping anyone

quote:
Originally posted by kierant
My friend has just bought a new Dell laptop and when she turns it on she gets an svchost.exe application error on startup. It says press OK to terminate the program or Cancel to debug. Neither option helps or does anything.

We tried reinstalling Windows to see if that fixed it but the same things still happens.

Any ideas?

XP Pro btw.

Thanks

The easiest thing to do would be to contact dell as Chris said above, but if you want to try to fix it yourself you need to either ( a ) be more specific and tell us exactly what the error says so that we can help you more effectively (there could be many different "svchost.exe application errors") or ( b ) search google for yourself for your friends specific error and you can suprisingly, easily find others that have had the same problem as your friend with possible solutions/fixes to the problem posted.