Shoutbox

Poor guy - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Poor guy (/showthread.php?tid=59810)

Poor guy by Discrate on 05-27-2006 at 01:30 PM

Today While i was shopping i saw a "homeless person" sitting down, he had a  shopping cart full of what look liked to me, rubbish. He also had a cup out for people to put money in. I had spare change, but i thought to my self, why should i give him money? I do not know him and it's not my fault his poor. In the end i put $2.00 in his cup and walked away.

Your thoughts?

Do you ever think this when you see a "homeless person"?

RE: Poor guy by ins4ne on 05-27-2006 at 01:35 PM

@ first sight a homeless person is poor... but who assures you that he buys something to eat and not alcohol... so i never give them money... if they want some they have to search for a job, even when its something like dishwasher

RE: Poor guy by user27089 on 05-27-2006 at 01:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hardc0re
@ first sight a homeless person is poor... but who assures you that he buys something to eat and not alcohol... so i never give them money... if they want some they have to search for a job, even when its something like dishwasher

It's called the poverty circle... When you're homeless you don't have any money, therefore no money for clothes or food, therefore no money to bathe etc. people aren't going to employ somebody who looks/smells bad, they're going to employ somebody who has enough money to wash and have decent clothes etc. Plus when you don't get enough food, you become fatigued easily, therefore not being able to work long hours.

Once you're in that, it's very hard to get out...
RE: Poor guy by absorbation on 05-27-2006 at 01:45 PM

Ever read Stone Cold? Me neather, but I did do a drama peice based on it. Alot of people are on the streets due to family issues, and not because they are lasy drunks. Alot of teenagers are homeless in the UK these days.

RE: Poor guy by ins4ne on 05-27-2006 at 01:47 PM

hm... ok but i still think that i dont work for others... nowadays its hard! we work hard for a few bucks... and i dont spend my money for nobody cuz i dont have enough myself...

RE: Poor guy by Menthix on 05-27-2006 at 02:01 PM

I usually don't have any cash on me, just plastic money, lol. I usually don't give money or anything to those homeless people that just sit down with a cup in front of them and just expect you to feel sad for them. It's like those people don't even try to do anything anymore.

However, there are also these homeless people that still try to actively do something with their lives and will walk up to people and nicely ask for a little help. Like I said, I usually only carry plastic money, but I ended up sharing food and drinks multiple times. I even donated a warm scarf I was wearing to a homeless person once, lol :).

An uncle of mine has been homeless for a while (after he had troubles paying rent he was thrown out), so I know how it can be.

RE: Poor guy by JadeRovo on 05-27-2006 at 02:21 PM

When I see them I don't give them money because many of them are con men. Once while I was shopping in Liverpool I saw, what appeared to be a homeless man, on the floor begging for money. On my way home I went down an alley to catch the train because I was late and saw the same man get into a jaguar x-type and be driven off:O:O:O Also it is most of the time their own fault they are homeless.

RE: Poor guy by Nathan on 05-27-2006 at 02:23 PM

:lol:
But why would you beg for the whole day and get pittance?
There is no point you could work in McDonalds and get paid more :P

RE: Poor guy by Lou on 05-27-2006 at 02:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
look at the reasons stated above:undecided:

There aren't that many poor people in my area. about two in my city. And noone gives them money because it's known that they use it for alcohol (they are alcoholics). So to be honest, I don't help if I don't know.
RE: Poor guy by absorbation on 05-27-2006 at 02:45 PM

"Money is the root of all evil" And on that bombshell, I say goodbye. :P

RE: Poor guy by Nathan on 05-27-2006 at 02:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
look at the reasons stated above:undecided:

There aren't that many poor people in my area. about two in my city. And noone gives them money because it's known that they use it for alcohol (they are alcoholics). So to be honest, I don't help if I don't know.
What I ment was someone who ownes a car and pretends to be a beggar can work. So why dont they. They must have another reason apart from being lazy!
RE: Poor guy by segosa on 05-27-2006 at 03:06 PM

My dad once, when he saw a homeless person asking for money, offered to buy him a sandwich in the shop nearby, but he didn't want it. He only wanted money.  My dad said he'd only buy him a sandwich but he actually refused it and said he'd prefer money. Yeah, money so he can go buy alcohol. Those type of homeless people really don't deserve help.