Shoutbox

Site advisor - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Site advisor (/showthread.php?tid=59838)

Site advisor by firespell on 05-28-2006 at 04:56 AM

Site advisor ranks msgplus.net as red site :(

http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/msgplus.net

RE: Site advisor by qgroessl on 05-28-2006 at 05:12 AM

Just another stupid thing that thinks MsgPlus! has spywear.... Don't pay attention to it... Good thing is that one doesn't seem too popular since this is the first I've heard of it.

RE: Site advisor by Rubber Stamp on 05-28-2006 at 06:21 AM

OMG! i hereby stop using McAfee...

didnt use it anyway..lol

RE: Site advisor by KnightOfDarkness on 05-28-2006 at 06:02 PM

Baahh Msg Plus! have an adware, but the people who install it is very ignorant.... And if anyone install it only download Spyware Doctor and the problem dissapear or unistalling Msg Plus... That site advisory, don't know the real use of Msg Plus!

RE: Site advisor by user27089 on 05-28-2006 at 06:06 PM

Anything to do with Patchou or Messenger Plus! is considered as dangerous, even these forums.

RE: Site advisor by Adeptus on 05-28-2006 at 07:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/msgplus.net
In our tests, we found downloads on this site that some people consider adware, spyware or other unwanted programs.
That seems fair and accurate to me.  The Messenger Plus download contains adware, we all know this.  The fact you are prompted whether to install it or not does not make the statement above untrue.
RE: Site advisor by xJ + on 05-29-2006 at 05:57 AM

Come on! That only shows 3.61 and 3.62, not 3.63

The current version is 3.63, so who cares. Just believe in yourself, those adware/spyware/virus scanners are not even trusted though.

I used Windows Live Safety to scan my harddisks and found 3.61 installer is an adware, used windows defender, it also shows that 3.61 installer is an adware. Thus, the overall result, it's the installer and not the program; believe in yourself and not those scanners!

RE: Site advisor by Menthix on 05-29-2006 at 09:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xJ +
installer is an adware,
Which means msgplus.net IS offering downloads which contain adware and that is EXACTLY what SiteAdvisor says.
RE: Site advisor by Mentality on 05-29-2006 at 10:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Which means msgplus.net IS offering downloads which contain adware and that is EXACTLY what SiteAdvisor says.

Agreed, they're talkin about the download NOT the installer
RE: RE: Site advisor by CookieRevised on 05-29-2006 at 11:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mentality
quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
Agreed, they're talkin about the download NOT the installer

The download they talk about IS the installer (which is an adware-bundler).
RE: Site advisor by Supersonicdarky on 05-29-2006 at 11:26 AM

but then how are the forums dangerous? (and patchou.com)

RE: Site advisor by GiantSpider on 05-29-2006 at 04:53 PM

Well since Plus! has been downloaded over 150,000,000 times, I don't think that SiteAdvisor is having alot of sway on the minds of the people.

RE: Site advisor by fergofrog on 06-03-2006 at 11:11 PM

Just don't listen to them.

RE: Site advisor by Patchou on 06-05-2006 at 05:21 AM

Still, I find it excessive to mix adware, spywares and viruses in the same bag. An orange flag would probably be more appropriate and justified.

RE: Site advisor by stadi on 06-07-2006 at 10:00 PM

There's an option at Site Advisor that tha owner of the site can comment about it. Patchou, you should comment there, maybe they'll change it to yellow then.