Shoutbox

iPod help -->> ShawnZ (or anyone) URGENT! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: iPod help -->> ShawnZ (or anyone) URGENT! (/showthread.php?tid=59936)

iPod help -->> ShawnZ (or anyone) URGENT! by Nathan on 05-30-2006 at 11:14 AM

Ok,
I cant find the root folder of my iPod. You know the bit where linux is installed ?? I do know that i have done too separate partitions but I can only access the mac one not the linux one.
This is annoying becuase i cant put extra apps on  e.g games, apps etc..
Please help
Thanks
Nathan

RE: iPod help -->> ShawnZ (or anyone) URGENT! by Steven on 05-30-2006 at 11:28 AM

Try making your ipod from scratch, i mean like if you bought it today, so delete all the hacks and any folders that you made, but keep the music, oh, wait, thats the folder you cant find :S

RE: iPod help -->> ShawnZ (or anyone) URGENT! by Reaper on 05-30-2006 at 11:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by steven5678
Try making your ipod from scratch, i mean like if you bought it today, so delete all the hacks and any folders that you made, but keep the music, oh, wait, thats the folder you cant find :S
....?

The root of the iPod is what you see when you access your iPod from My Computer. For example, my root is E:\. Put all your files in there either in separate folders or just randomly.
RE: iPod help -->> ShawnZ (or anyone) URGENT! by Steven on 05-30-2006 at 11:45 AM

So he cant even find where his songs are?

RE: iPod help -->> ShawnZ (or anyone) URGENT! by matty on 05-30-2006 at 11:53 AM

Songs are stored in %drive%:\iPod_Control\Music\Fxx. It is simply a hidden folder on the iPod.

If you install Linux on the iPod your not going to be able to see it. Reason for it is because it installs itself into the boot partition just after the iPod OS. You cant see that partition either.

RE: iPod help -->> ShawnZ (or anyone) URGENT! by Nathan on 05-30-2006 at 12:24 PM

Ohh I see. I thought there was another root drive which was hidden :P

RE: iPod help -->> ShawnZ (or anyone) URGENT! by matty on 05-30-2006 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Ohh I see. I thought there was another root drive which was hidden :P
No the partition doesn't have a file system so it cannot directly be accessed by Windows.
RE: iPod help -->> ShawnZ (or anyone) URGENT! by Nathan on 05-30-2006 at 03:17 PM

But I have found a program which I can access it :D
Thanks Guys ;)