Shoutbox

html/css prob, <div> not displaying correctly, various glitches - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: html/css prob, <div> not displaying correctly, various glitches (/showthread.php?tid=59985)

html/css prob, <div> not displaying correctly, various glitches by stoshrocket on 05-31-2006 at 07:30 PM

Sorry i can't define this problem anymore... Anyway, im constructing a page for my guild within Guild Wars to which i have just returned as i went inactive. Anyway, here is a link to the page... Anyway, the problems, there are two main...

the first, is within Firefox the holder, the black background holding all the internal divs doesnt behave properly, its height remains a constant 200px, even though within the css its only a min-height, so it should adjust, right? Im not too sure whether firefox jus doesnt support this code, if it doesnt then does anyone have a work around?

the second is within IE. In IE the holder is the right height, but the width goes wrong, the width becomes too big by about 10px when it was perfect within FF, anyone know whats causing this disruption?

BTW, the code is vaild, except for the <hr color="..."> simply because putting it as css doesnt seem to work...

thanks for your help! :)

RE: html/css prob, <div> not displaying correctly, various glitches by Ahmad on 05-31-2006 at 07:36 PM

For the Firefox problem, add the following to the #holder id:

code:
display:table;

Edit:

For IE, if you think the width is too big, you can add the following IE specific code:
code:
* html #holder {
  width: 978px;
}

RE: html/css prob, <div> not displaying correctly, various glitches by stoshrocket on 05-31-2006 at 07:52 PM

yay!! :cheesy:

it works!! thanks mate!! :D:D

RE: html/css prob, <div> not displaying correctly, various glitches by Ahmad on 05-31-2006 at 08:04 PM

No problem, glad I could help :)