Shoutbox

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (/showthread.php?tid=60020)

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by .Roy on 06-01-2006 at 01:34 PM

Anyone read this book?

Share your thoughts.

RE: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by vaccination on 06-01-2006 at 01:54 PM

Yeah read it in yr 7 or 8....i though it was amazing!

Although its got alot of complicated bits in, its a good read IMO

RE: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by .Roy on 06-01-2006 at 02:20 PM

For Those who dont know, its a book about an autist boy. A genious one, and its really interesting.

RE: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by user27089 on 06-01-2006 at 02:54 PM

I have the book downstairs, I bought it 3 years ago and I read it in a few nights, I absolutely loved the book. I like how the chapters don't go in normal numerical order (1,2,3...) it goes up in prime numbers (1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11 etc.)

He has really captured the way that an autistic person would think (by the way, most autistic people are very talented and very very intelligent roy).

RE: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by fergofrog on 06-02-2006 at 11:22 PM

I have it up stairs. It was awsum, i was reading it over christmas. Loved it (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)!!!!!

RE: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Steven on 06-02-2006 at 11:23 PM

i recomend this book to anyone in there teenage years< i couldnt put the book down

RE: RE: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Steven on 06-03-2006 at 01:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I have the book downstairs, I bought it 3 years ago and I read it in a few nights, I absolutely loved the book. I like how the chapters don't go in normal numerical order (1,2,3...) it goes up in prime numbers (1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11 etc.)

He has really captured the way that an autistic person would think (by the way, most autistic people are very talented and very very intelligent roy).

Depends on the type of autism.

Not really, a person can be autistic, and be smarter than you, but be slow in math, although there has been one autistic basketball player super star, ever heard of him?
RE: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by qgroessl on 06-03-2006 at 04:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by steven5678
there has been one autistic basketball player super star, ever heard of him?

Not really a superstar... they put him in the game and he made a bunch of 3 pointers :p with bad form...
http://www.musicianforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448713