Shoutbox

iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand (/showthread.php?tid=60049)

iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by sweetlouise on 06-01-2006 at 11:53 PM

Hi ...

I found an 6 GB iPod mini in the park a couple weeks ago.  AFter posting signs, no one claimed it so I am going to keep it for myself (I really wanted the one that plays videos, but this will do for now).   

What kind of software is involved ... and what else will I need to use it?  There is currently very low battery life on it.  When I turn it on, it turns off after just a few seconds. 

I bought the cable to hook up to my computer to download music, and also a charger to plug in the wall.  What else do I need? 

Woudl I be better off just returning those things and using the money towards a new one????   I spent $52 just on those things.

Louise

RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by Jhrono on 06-02-2006 at 12:01 AM

No, you did great, I find your attitude quite positive, searching for the owner and everything :)

Simply download iTunes (To manage your music) from the apple website so you can get iPod Updater to update your firmware :)

Then leave it charging for a while..

iPod Mini is great, trust me.. They're really reliable :)

RE: RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by Supersonicdarky on 06-02-2006 at 12:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Johny
iPod Mini is great, trust me.. They're really reliable :)

not if u ask a friend of mine, his broke 4 times on one year... and twice the second :/
RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by Reaper on 06-02-2006 at 12:11 AM

I have had no problems at all with my mini. Battery life is still wicked, about 5 hours non stop.
Like Johny said, let it charge and use iTunes to transfer songs.
iPod minis are the best ones.

RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by Pyro on 06-02-2006 at 01:05 AM

i like ipod nanos.. is the ipod nano and ipod mini the same thing? cos if it is pmmeand ill delete this post lol.

anyways; they rock! and supersonicdarky's friend should invest in a case for his ipod :P

RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by Reaper on 06-02-2006 at 01:07 AM

quote:
Originally posted by YA_MUM
i like ipod nanos.. is the ipod nano and ipod mini the same thing? cos if it is pmmeand ill delete this post lol.

anyways; they rock! and supersonicdarky's friend should invest in a case for his ipod :P
iPod Nanos are a lot smaller and thinner and have a colour screen.
RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by sweetlouise on 06-02-2006 at 03:57 AM

O.K., cool.  I wasn't sure if I needed some kind of software that comes originally with the iPods.  But if it's just iTunes, I can do that.

thanks for the help.  Now I have to figure out how to delete all the old music!  LOL.

RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by banky on 06-02-2006 at 04:32 AM

After installing, iTunes just goto the the iPod and highlight all songs and click clear.

RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by sweetlouise on 06-02-2006 at 05:49 AM

question on the stuff i bought today......

I bought a PowerBlock to plug into the wall to charge my iPod.   It says on the instruction card I can insert the power block module into any 110V ac wall out let ......... OR ......... I can connect the included iPod dock cable to the power block.    Does this mean that I can use the same cable to transfer music to my iPod???

I bought a separate Dock Cable .... did the sales person at Best Buy just talk me into spending an extra 30.99 when I didn't really need it ?????????

Thx.  Sorry for so many questions ... i am technically challenged.  My 11 year old son probably knows more than I do!  hahaha.

RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by banky on 06-02-2006 at 06:36 AM

I think you may have spen the extra money cause i have an iPod dock for my mini that charges in the wall while at the same time can be plugged into the computer to transfer music lol..... and i spent only 20$ on it.

RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by sweetlouise on 06-02-2006 at 02:38 PM

one more question (for now! LOL) .....

are all the things like cables, etc. interchangeable between iPod Mini, Nano, etc. ??  My kids both have Nanos and if I can just use their stuff, I'm returning the things I got yesterday.

Thanks,
Louise :-)

RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by Reaper on 06-02-2006 at 02:44 PM

The cable for iPod to PC is the same for the nano and mini, so no need to waste your money there. All of the ports for the nano and mini are the same, so yeh you can use their stuff.

RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by sweetlouise on 06-03-2006 at 01:49 AM

Great!  Thanks :-)

Louise

RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by Fuzzles on 06-04-2006 at 12:42 AM

Ipod mini isn't being sold any more in Australia :(
Because the amount of complaints with misfunctioning parts. Some rumour is that they have moving parts in them and thats why they misfunction. But they are still really good.
Good find as well

RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by YourNeibour on 06-04-2006 at 01:29 AM

I got an IPOD nano and I love it, if you found the mini have fun with it.

RE: iPod Mini .... getting 2nd hand by sweetlouise on 06-04-2006 at 01:33 AM

I really wanted the iPod video one ... but since I found this one, and no one claimed it (gave it 2 weeks and not a call on it!), i'll keep it.  Eventually I'll get the video one but for now this will work great   I'm only using it for the gym and when I'm running.

Louise