Shoutbox

.cda problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: .cda problem (/showthread.php?tid=60060)

.cda problem by Felu on 06-02-2006 at 08:52 AM

I need to save an audio file from a cd to my computer, but the problem is that the file extension is .cda(cd audio). Is there any way to change the extension?

Dont tell me to go to folder options>View and untick Hide Extension for know file type. And then, go and change the extension.

The save as button in wmp doesnt work with such file type.

Thanks in advance.:)

RE: .cda problem by ipab on 06-02-2006 at 08:59 AM

you need to rip them from your cd, you cant just copy them over. Use media player or your favourite player to rip it.

RE: .cda problem by John Anderton on 06-02-2006 at 09:15 AM

you can use wmp to rip it to wma and winamp allows you to do so and save it to mp3 as well :)

RE: .cda problem by Felu on 06-02-2006 at 09:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ipab
you need to rip them from your cd, you cant just copy them over. Use media player or your favourite player to rip it.
I cant even rip it. It says unsupported file formatd :(.
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
you can use wmp to rip it to wma and winamp allows you to do so and save it to mp3 as well :)
The same can be done using wmp.
RE: .cda problem by CookieRevised on 06-02-2006 at 11:49 AM

.CDA files are nothing more than some small index files (like thumbnails, but even without the small "thumb"). They don't contain the actual sound.

To copy anything from an audio cd to a pc do as suggested by the others (PS: ripping CD's for the means of 'backup' is not illegal in certain countries, but it is in others, be carefull).

RE: .cda problem by John Anderton on 06-02-2006 at 12:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
To copy anything from an audio cd to a pc do as suggested by the others (PS: ripping CD's for the means of 'backup' is not illegal in certain countries, but it is in others, be carefull).
Well apparently almost everything is legal in India :dodgy:

Either way .... Felu: get on msn and talk to me sometime .. ill talk you through the process ;)