Shoutbox

Are you a Vegetarian? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Are you a Vegetarian? (/showthread.php?tid=60072)

Are you a Vegetarian? by M73A on 06-02-2006 at 02:10 PM

Jut curious...

if so .. why? dont you ever think mmmm burger? id miss meat so much :|

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by kao on 06-02-2006 at 02:40 PM

No, but on of my mates is, ahhh the joy of trying so hard to make him want meat when we're pissed=p

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Reaper on 06-02-2006 at 02:45 PM

I'm not, but I don't eat beef, religious reasons. Don't miss beef at all.

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Eddie on 06-02-2006 at 02:53 PM

nope im not a vegetarian, i eat most meats :)

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Tasha on 06-02-2006 at 03:03 PM

Nah, and one of my favourite foods is bacon, so don't even think of making me a vegetarian.:p

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by ayjay on 06-02-2006 at 03:03 PM

We try to throw bits of ham in my vegetarian mate's mouth when he's standing with it open.

Very funny :P

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Felu on 06-02-2006 at 03:06 PM

Im a vegetarian :p. My parents too are vegetarian.

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by WDZ on 06-02-2006 at 03:35 PM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=658430]

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Reaper on 06-02-2006 at 03:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
:lol:. So I take that as a yes?
RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by WDZ on 06-02-2006 at 03:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
So I take that as a yes?
In response to "are you a vegetarian"? Hell no! O_o
RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by JadeRovo on 06-02-2006 at 04:01 PM

:O:O How can anybody be one? Well I know they can but I can't leave my beloved meat. I am cruel I look at cows in the feild and think haha I eat you. My best freinds m8 is one and I put ham in her mouth when she was asleep and she ate it:D:D I videoed the entire thing of course:D:D:D(6)

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by user27089 on 06-02-2006 at 04:03 PM

I had a big mac about 3 hours ago, there was probably about 16 monkeys, 12 chickens and 16 yaks in there or something.

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by John Anderton on 06-02-2006 at 04:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
:lol:

I aint a vegetarian and i dont mind others being one ... i eat veg food when im out with them :) I just like to ask them one question ....

Q) You are a vegetarian ... why dont you eat meat and stuff ... as in why are you a vegetarian
A) Cause my religion says so/i dont like killing and eating living organisms

[ If answer was the religion one then ask why ... the usual answer is cause my religion says that i shouldnt kill/eat living organisms ]

So basically we are at the same place ...

Q) You eat rice/wheat or any of its products right ?
A) Yeah

Q) You know that if you would have planted those seeds then you would get plants ... so you are technically killing potential of life arent you ? So how's that right
A) ...

I was wondering if someone could explain this to me. If you dont eat it cause you dont like it or something .... ok ... thats a matter of choice.
But not eating cause you dont want to kill seems an odd reason to me tbh :)

Just my 2 cents ;)
RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Reaper on 06-02-2006 at 04:20 PM

JA, I think its somewhere along the lines that animals have feelings etc. Comparing animals to plants doesn't work very well :p

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by John Anderton on 06-02-2006 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper
JA, I think its somewhere along the lines that animals have feelings etc. Comparing animals to plants doesn't work very well :p
But plants live ... thats reason enough not to discriminate ....

You dont kill someone off just cause he is in a coma do you ? (i know it aint the same ... but you stay by the person :))

Plus you need plants to live ... they are integral parts of the ecosystem .... so ?

Plants being immobile and not being able to communicate isnt any reason for eating them and not the animals

Yeah yeah ... im a non vegetarian if you dont already know it/have figured it out :P
RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Rubber Stamp on 06-02-2006 at 04:46 PM

i aent a vegetarian...but i eat only fishes, prawns, chicken, meat...no beef etc...again for religious reasons...why? cos in hindu religion, cow is worshipped..thats why!
no pig, thats against religion. sea food is not against religion, but i just dont like that!
and not to forget, the first war of independence in india started in 1857 against the foriegn rule, cos the Indian soldiers were forced to use cartridges which were greased with pig and cow fat, and they had to use their teeth to remove the catridge cover or something...that fired the revolt..JA and Felu must be knowing...so here, its kindof...sacred

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Matti on 06-02-2006 at 04:51 PM

I don't see the point of being vegetarian, except if something happened in your life which made you never eat meat anymore. The human is shaped as a hunter, so why can't we eat them?

Okay, eating threatened animal types (like whales) is wrong, since there are only a few left on earth, but what's wrong with a nice roasted chicken? Those chickens are bred to be eaten! ;)

It just depends on your thoughts about animals, how much you love them. :)

RE: RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by CookieRevised on 06-02-2006 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mattike
I don't see the point of being vegetarian, except if something happened in your life which made you never eat meat anymore. The human is shaped as a hunter, so why can't we eat them?
simple answer: because humans have a choice. We don't live by instinct.

A human isn't a carnivore, it's an omnivore.

quote:
Okay, eating threatened animal types (like whales) is wrong, since there are only a few left on earth, but what's wrong with a nice roasted chicken? Those chickens are bred to be eaten! ;)
What's wrong with eating no animals?
There are plenty of vegetarion alternatives for the minerals, vitamines, iron, etc which a human being requires each day.

quote:
It just depends on your thoughts about animals, how much you love them. :)
Exactly, it's the choice of the individual. There is nothing wrong in choosing to eat only plants, only meat or only whatever. Humans have that choice and it should be respected (from both sides!!!)

-------

I'm not a vegetarian, nor a veganist.
RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Weyzza on 06-02-2006 at 06:22 PM

Some joke I heard in this forum a while ago:
"I love vegetarians. Why? More meat for us."

Please don't take this as an offence :)

I'm not a vegetarian, but I did have a bad experience with vegetarian food.
By vegetarian food, I mean fake meat. A real fake meat.

So, last year when I had a vacation to the place my sister has been studying, we went out for a breakfast.
It was quite early in the morning, so there were not many restaurants open.
Then, we went to a restaurant, ordered the food, and started eating.

At first, I noticed my meat tasted funky, but I thought it was because I was very hungry.
My sister and my cousin kept saying, "How's the flour?"
I didn't catch what they meant.
I thought they were talking about the shrimps fried in flour until they mentioned that what we were eating was vegetarian food.

I'm not exaggerating, but I lost my appetite for at least 3 days after eating that food :p

I like eating real vegetables (from plants), not fake meat.
In fact, we are encouraged to eat as much vegetables as the meat we eat. Real vegetables are good for our metabolisms.
RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by kao on 06-02-2006 at 06:44 PM

'fake' meat (quorn) tastes basically the same as normal meat most of the time. i've eaten vegetarian burgers/sausages etc (we have loads in the house cos my veggie mate lives here) and i can hardly taste a difference. (yes there is a difference, but it's not disgusting) ;/

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Weyzza on 06-02-2006 at 06:47 PM

Dunno, perhaps I am too sensitive to quorn? :p

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by t1a0s on 06-02-2006 at 07:22 PM

Argh I can't imagine being a vegetarian, I love meat too much :P

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by stoshrocket on 06-02-2006 at 07:34 PM

meh... i dont eat meat that often anyway... i mean, i cook alot and i can make plenty of cool stuff without using meat, but i eat it purely because it adds variation, ie, i can make about 7 really nice pasta dishes, but 3 of those go really nice with some chicken strips in there too. Although, i only really eat chicken anyway tbh.. i don't really like pork, or beef really. If i wanted to, i could easily become a vegetarian...

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Chancer on 06-02-2006 at 08:10 PM

blargh!!
vegetables suck!!

i love meat...hmmmm in a barbecue..."cow screaming"...blood nham nham nham

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by lrac522 on 06-02-2006 at 09:11 PM

I think I am much too thin to be a vegetarian. Hi all...(Y)

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Steven on 06-02-2006 at 11:11 PM

Most of you have a choice, my religion requires me to be a vegan.

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by ShawnZ on 06-02-2006 at 11:15 PM

the animal is gonna die either way..

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Chris4 on 06-02-2006 at 11:21 PM

I eat what I like, when I like. :P

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Steven on 06-02-2006 at 11:22 PM

i wish i was just like you< if my parents cought me eating anything but veggies< oh< im grounded for a week<> and help i have stickie keeys on and i cant get it off>

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Supersonicdarky on 06-02-2006 at 11:33 PM

i'm half vegiterian, i hate seafood and most meats (and i just realised i eat alot of fruits/vegetables) :o

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Chris4 on 06-03-2006 at 02:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Time
and cows if they live in a field near water... you get the idea.
But when you go to buy meat, how do you know if the cows been near water? :P

* Chris4 doesn't understand :p
RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Lou on 06-03-2006 at 03:22 AM

The cows have to drink do they not, chris4?

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by fergofrog on 06-03-2006 at 05:32 AM

No im a fully pledged omnivore

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Rubber Stamp on 06-03-2006 at 10:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
The cows have to drink do they not
every animal needs to drink water..
* Rubber Stamp doesnt understand Time's method
RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by ayjay on 06-03-2006 at 01:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rubber Stamp
quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
The cows have to drink do they not
every animal needs to drink water..
* Rubber Stamp doesnt understand Time's method

I think there's a slight chance he was joking :P
RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Rubber Stamp on 06-03-2006 at 04:28 PM

slight chance i was too..

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by ayjay on 06-03-2006 at 04:55 PM

Or are you just saying that because you are actually a non-water drinking cow yourself?

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by paperless on 06-03-2006 at 10:46 PM

Im not and i think being vegetarian is not even healthy.. i doubt vegetarians just "hate" all meats..

I think its because of one of this reasons: trendy, they think its healthy ( to eat 0 meat ), they love animals very much ( i can understand +/- ), beliefs( i can understand ).

Oh well.. people eat whatever they want but humans werent made to be vegetarians..

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by azn angel on 06-04-2006 at 09:13 AM

i am a vegetarian because i am strong enough to refuse food that may taste good but goes against my morals.
ive had a bad experience with meat once. i ate a meat pie and got food poisoning and was throwing up and when i wasnt throwing up i was sitting there.. i was so weak i just kept falling asleep in my chair i couldnt walk much either.

i love how we can farm animals to be eaten but we cant farm humans.. is that because we can actually hear them protesting their own slaughter?

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by user27089 on 06-04-2006 at 09:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by azn angel
i am a vegetarian because i am strong enough to refuse food that may taste good but goes against my morals.
ive had a bad experience with meat once. i ate a meat pie and got food poisoning and was throwing up and when i wasnt throwing up i was sitting there.. i was so weak i just kept falling asleep in my chair i couldnt walk much either.

i love how we can farm animals to be eaten but we cant farm humans.. is that because we can actually hear them protesting their own slaughter?

You can get food poisoning from a hell of a lot more than just meat. I got food poisoning off of something without meat in once, had the same stuff as you.

We've always been predators, it's part of the food chain, we've been built so that we have the necessary skills etc. to be able to catch other animals to eat.
RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by paperless on 06-04-2006 at 12:24 PM

quote:
ive had a bad experience with meat once. i ate a meat pie and got food poisoning

rofl?

That was because you werent cautious with food its not meats fault..

Everyone has got food poisoned at least once..( i did :rolleyes: ).

Meat is more toxic but is also needed from time to time, you should eat more fish and vegetables than meat, but meat is also needed..
RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by John Anderton on 06-04-2006 at 12:32 PM

quote:
is that because we can actually hear them protesting their own slaughter?
Plants cant object to their own slaughter ... yet we do eat stuff like rice dont we (and a lot more plant products)
Then we shouldnt basically eat friuts which have seeds in them and cereals either ...

quote:
And your morals state the same thing as above ? <insert what i said above here>

quote:
ive had a bad experience with meat once.
Well that is the meat vendors fault or w/e but not the meat's fault as paperless said. No point in blaming it :P

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
Everyone has got food poisoned at least once
Not really :-/

Either way ... people can choose to eat what they want ... a good reason for doing so would be good for me tho :) If someone gives me a good enough reason, i may even stop eating meat ... doesnt make much of a difference |-) (I havent eaten eggs and chicken for over 12 years now so meh)
RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by kyle.byle on 06-04-2006 at 02:09 PM

Nope.

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by albert on 06-04-2006 at 02:19 PM

I am not vegetarian and haven't read all pages so I don't know if what I want to add has been mentioned or not.

But anyways : Vegetarians that have always been vegetarians since they're kids don't miss meat. They never tasted it, they don't know what it tastes like, they don't miss it.

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by azn angel on 06-09-2006 at 11:57 AM

indians were all vegetarians once upon a time, thats why i get sick from eating some meats (regardless of food poisoning)

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by J-Thread on 06-09-2006 at 01:09 PM

I am a die hard vegetarian, and I am happy to see I'm not the only one!(Y)

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by ins4ne on 06-09-2006 at 03:49 PM

i love meat... and if you read some biology magazines you'll see that meat contains many vitamines, proteins and many other stuff that the "green disgusting things" cant give you... i dont like salad or any stuff like that... only on my hamburgers :P:P:P

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by ayjay on 06-09-2006 at 04:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hardc0re
i love meat... and if you read some biology magazines you'll see that meat contains many vitamines, proteins and many other stuff that the "green disgusting things" cant give you... i dont like salad or any stuff like that... only on my hamburgers :P:P:P

And at the same time you'll also learn that the "green disgusting things" give you things that meat can't give you :P

(I'm not vegetarian btw :P)
RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by ins4ne on 06-09-2006 at 04:38 PM

yeah ok your right :P but i dont like them +o(

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Bugz on 06-10-2006 at 08:16 AM

I have to be a vegetarian cuz my mom is and she makes dinner :p

but when I eat somewhere else I eat meat though

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by Negro_Joe on 06-11-2006 at 07:42 PM

I live for bacon sandwiches...:drool:

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by ins4ne on 06-11-2006 at 07:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NagamasaAzai
In the vegetables group, I only eat corn and potatoes
i read that potatoes arent vegetables...

RE: Are you a Vegetarian? by ayjay on 06-12-2006 at 09:46 PM

technically it isn't because it's part of the root of the plant, not the flower :P