Shoutbox

uninstalling - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: uninstalling (/showthread.php?tid=60149)

uninstalling by mandy on 06-04-2006 at 03:49 AM

i installed both windows live messenger and msn messenger 7.5 but i saved msn messenger 7.5 in a different folder so its not listed in add or remove programs...what i want to do is do a complete uninstall of msn messenger 7.5 so how do i uninstall it?

RE: uninstalling by Felu on 06-04-2006 at 03:58 AM

1. Uninstall WLM
2. Rename the folder with 7.5 to MSN Messenger
3. Download the installation file for 7.5
4. Open the file and chose uninstall.

RE: uninstalling by mandy on 06-04-2006 at 04:02 AM

haha thanks i feel stupid now

um it didnt work....i did what you said but its just saying its going to install...........
RE: uninstalling by Eddie on 06-04-2006 at 04:37 AM

Please dont double post, edit your previous post. :)
Yes, install it, let it go through the installation and then uninstall afterwards. :)
or
Try doing system restore back to before u made the installation if you have done no other important installations since then. Lol or just delete the renamed file, annoying bt meh. :P

RE: RE: uninstalling by CookieRevised on 06-04-2006 at 10:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DevilFX
or
Try doing system restore back to before u made the installation if you have done no other important installations since then.
Please do NOT!

System Restore is NOT a backup tool for stuff like that. That is not the function of System Restore. System Restore will do more harm then good.

The only time you should use System Restore is when Windows doesn't work properly anymore or you had a system failure of some sort. Then you could try to use System Restore.

quote:
Originally posted by DevilFX
Lol or just delete the renamed file, annoying bt meh. :P
This will not uninstall it properly...... Never simply delete files if you want to uninstall something.

----------

Proper method:
1) Uninstall WLM by going to add/remove programs
2) rename the directory from MSN Messenger 7.5 back to "MSN Messenger"
3) Download and install the exact same build version (7.5.xxxx)
4) Uninstall it again right after
5) Download and reinstall WLM
RE: uninstalling by mandy on 06-04-2006 at 04:23 PM

thanks i fixed this problem but now i cant hear the sounds on msn messenger and i go to the sounds part to see if its turned off but it just shows msn messenger listed with nothing under it....like the online or new message...

RE: uninstalling by Felu on 06-04-2006 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mandy
thanks i fixed this problem but now i cant hear the sounds on msn messenger and i go to the sounds part to see if its turned off but it just shows msn messenger listed with nothing under it....like the online or new message...

Where did my sounds go :( [solved]
RE: RE: uninstalling by CookieRevised on 06-04-2006 at 04:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -!Felu!-
quote:
Originally posted by mandy

Where did my sounds go :( [solved]
CookieRevised's reply to Message notifications