Shoutbox

Getting a number off a phone with no screen - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Getting a number off a phone with no screen (/showthread.php?tid=60168)

Getting a number off a phone with no screen by Plik on 06-04-2006 at 03:07 PM

I recently smashed the screen on my nokia 6020, so i went out and got a new phone, stuck my sim card in it, then found out that all the numbers where saved on the phone. And now im kinda stuck with no numbers, and i need one of the numbers by tonight otherwise i can't get to my work exp tomorow :sad:

So i thought i'd post here to see if anyone has any ideas on how to get my numbers.
I was thinking maybe if someone with the same phone could post some step by step instructions for how to export all the contacts to the sim (remember i have no screen so they need to be REALLY simple, e.g. press the left button once, scroll down x times)

If anyone could help i would really appreciate it :)

RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by Dempsey on 06-04-2006 at 03:28 PM

Anyone with a Nokia should be able to help.  The only different part is prob actually getting to the phonebook.  After that should be the same.
My phones Symbian, I don't think the 6020 is so I can't help though.

RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by Adeptus on 06-04-2006 at 04:05 PM

The phonebook is usually accessible from a computer, if you have the data cable and software for your phone.  I think that would be your best bet.

RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by Plik on 06-04-2006 at 04:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Adeptus
The phonebook is usually accessible from a computer, if you have the data cable and software for your phone.  I think that would be your best bet.
No datacable :sad:

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
Anyone with a Nokia should be able to help.  The only different part is prob actually getting to the phonebook.  After that should be the same.
My phones Symbian, I don't think the 6020 is so I can't help though.
Nah, it isn't that smart :P
Cheers anyway

* Plik crosses fingers
RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by saralk on 06-04-2006 at 04:24 PM

I have a similar phone, but i'm not sure if the menu will be the same, i'll post what you do on my phone anyway...

Menu - Down - Select - Select - Left Button - Down 4 Times - Select - Select - Down - Select - Select - Left Button

RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by M73A on 06-04-2006 at 04:31 PM

how are you going to get the number if the screen is broke? ok someone gives you instructions to the phonebook or whatever... but its not like you'll be able to see the number:S

RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by kao on 06-04-2006 at 04:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
how are you going to get the number if the screen is broke? ok someone gives you instructions to the phonebook or whatever... but its not like you'll be able to see the number:S
copy numbers from phone to sim without the screen, put the sim in new phone you nub.
RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by M73A on 06-04-2006 at 04:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kao
quote:
Originally posted by M73A
copy numbers from phone to sim without the screen, put the sim in new phone you nub.

stfu:P my sony ericson didnt do that.... my nokia atm does tho
RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by Plik on 06-04-2006 at 04:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
I have a similar phone, but i'm not sure if the menu will be the same, i'll post what you do on my phone anyway...

Menu - Down - Select - Select - Left Button - Down 4 Times - Select - Select - Down - Select - Select - Left Button
Didn't seam to work :(, thanks anyway

I managed to get hold of the person i needed to by guessing my way though my phone book, and im going to buy a data cable this week so i can get the other numbers. Cheers for all your help :)
RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by Nathan on 06-04-2006 at 05:11 PM

All sony erricssons can do it if you know where it is;)
What model did you have? And if you want M73A I can get the menu up for you ;)

And plik it depends on how you have set the phone up ;)

RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by M73A on 06-04-2006 at 05:13 PM

it was a t610.... i hate sony ericsons... they suck! lol... back to nokia :D all my phones have been nokia except for the t610 and the motorola a835

RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by Nathan on 06-04-2006 at 05:20 PM

They rule :p
Buty if you wanted me too i could tell you how to do it off the top of my head (as in copy the mubers to the sim) :P
as in M73A

RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by M73A on 06-04-2006 at 05:39 PM

as in nah.. my screen works:P

threw it away... the microphone stopped working... was kinda funny trying to ring people though :@

RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by NiteMare on 06-04-2006 at 05:46 PM

go to your local wireless store, they may be abe to do a data transfer from phone to phone

RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by user27089 on 06-04-2006 at 05:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
go to your local wireless store, they may be abe to do a data transfer from phone to phone

We don't have those kinds of places here in England. I also highly doubt that plik has them where he lives either :s.
RE: Getting a number off a phone with no screen by saralk on 06-04-2006 at 05:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare

We don't have those kinds of places here in England. I also highly doubt that plik has them where he lives either :s.

Yeah we do, Carphone Warehouse, Phones4u, The Link?

I think they all do it.