Shoutbox

What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? (/showthread.php?tid=60175)

What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by M73A on 06-04-2006 at 05:30 PM

just wondering...

i can't stand needles... as in injections, just makes me cringe even watching someone getting an injection

heights are another one... but i'd love to sky dive:S .... i wouldn't bunjee jump but i dont ind flying

what fears/phobias everyone else got then?:P

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Steven on 06-04-2006 at 05:34 PM

bees. aphiphobia!

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Menthix on 06-04-2006 at 05:44 PM

[Image: game%20snake.jpg]
Fear my snake :p
EDIT: Blegh, too late. But a least my snake is cute :p

I don't think I have any real phobia... heights only freak my out when I know there is a chance I could fall down (like no railing). But the idea of bungee jumping doesn't scare me because I know o won't splat on the ground (hopefully). So that doesn't count as a phobia, I have never bungee jumped btw, but I would surely do it when I get a chance and the don't ask such ridiculous prices.

And bugs, spiders and other little irritating creatures only irritate the hell out of me when they're in the house or on my face.

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by saralk on 06-04-2006 at 05:56 PM

Giant insects, and i mean giant insects like this freaking giant hornet http://www.vespa-crabro.de/manda.htm

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by user27089 on 06-04-2006 at 05:57 PM

Clowns are just weird I guess, they don't terrify me though. If they were right up in my face I'd scream or something lol.

The other day when I was working with my Dad, a clown drove past in a car, freaked me out like :|.

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by vaccination on 06-04-2006 at 06:05 PM

Yeah clowns are fecking wierd.

And things like spiders and other anoying insects annoy me but i wouldnt say i had a phobia of them.

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by RebelSean on 06-04-2006 at 07:58 PM

Lets try to keep the thread to actuall phobias shall we? Well I took psychology II this year and we made a list of what we THOUGHT we were scared/terrified of, tested them and my results were actually quite a few:

Autophobia - Fear of being alone
Taphephobia - Fear of cemetaries/being buried alive
Thanatophobia - Fear of dying
Belonephobia - Fear of needles
Sciophobia - Shadows

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Lou on 06-04-2006 at 08:03 PM

Thanatophobia (see above)
Autophobia - (see above) (well not exactly. Only fear of being alone anywhere but home)
Ophidiophobia - Fear of snakes (Me it's actually fear of touching snakes)

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Rik on 06-04-2006 at 08:20 PM

i just freak out with Mosquitos

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by M73A on 06-04-2006 at 08:24 PM

i fecking hate mosquitos....:@ got a bite on my hand
the only way i stopped it iching was to squeeze it so hard that it was like a huge lump on my hand... then stabbed that with a knife, all this see-through yellow stuff came out

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Steven on 06-04-2006 at 08:31 PM

I hate when your trying to fall asleep, and you constantly hear a mosquito in your ear buzzing.....

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Lou on 06-04-2006 at 08:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Rik
Plenty of those around here:P They annoy me only though.
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by NiteMare on 06-04-2006 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
quote:
Originally posted by Rik
Plenty of those around here:P They annoy me only though.
if you get bitten enough, you become imune to them
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Sypher on 06-04-2006 at 09:58 PM

In the past those pesky little insects were around a lot... Always bugging me, when i have my window open (its hot at the my room) and my tv or pc on..

But now, i don't really see much of them nowadays..

The thing i hate about it is the sound they make... *shudders*

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by prashker on 06-04-2006 at 10:04 PM

Psycho-bro-phobia :P

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by user27089 on 06-04-2006 at 10:06 PM

I'm afraid of dangerous driving too... and also not knowing something. Like say i'm in the dark and there's something moving around me... That'd freak the crap out of me.

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by paperless on 06-04-2006 at 10:37 PM

Insects, bathrooms with dark blue walls.

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Voldemort on 06-04-2006 at 10:47 PM

roaches... not scared, just disgusting

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Lou on 06-04-2006 at 11:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Like say i'm in the dark and there's something moving around me... That'd freak the crap out of me.
Me too:s
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by CookieRevised on 06-04-2006 at 11:21 PM

Not really a phobia as-is. But I can't stand it to touch one specific certain foam. The brownish/yellow looking foam is sometimes used to make pillows, seats, etc or other soft stuff like that (but not all brownish/yellow foam is the same though, it's one specific type, can't remember its name). It gives me the chills even looking at someone touching it.

That's the only thing I think.

(no fear for any kind of animal, small rooms, heights... Although as Menthix pointed out I'm extremely carefull (healthy fear) when there are not the nessecairy safety measurements taken. Comes with my job I guess; working regulary on high platforms; and not always safe ones or according to regulations.)

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Lou on 06-04-2006 at 11:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Not really a phobia as-is. But I can't stand it to touch one specific certain foam. The brownish/yellow looking foam is sometimes used to make pillows, seats, etc or other soft stuff like that (but not all brownish/yellow foam is the same though, it's one specific type, can't remember its name). It gives me the chills even looking at someone touching it.
Yes I know the one:P Annoys me too.
RE: RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by kyle.byle on 06-05-2006 at 12:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Phillip
I hate needles to. Hmm and thats about it.

OHHH YEA!!!! Needles *shivers* im terrified from them.. I still have a scar from where I got an IV *shivers again*

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
Giant insects, and i mean giant insects like this freaking giant hornet http://www.vespa-crabro.de/manda.htm

Oh yea.. thats another big one.
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by lordy on 06-05-2006 at 01:24 AM

I'm slightly claustrophobic :P I hate being in a crowd, and I also feel very uncomfortable when sitting next to a wall that doens't have a window when someone is sitting on the other side of me

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Supersonicdarky on 06-05-2006 at 01:35 AM

i have light [url=http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&hs=9W3&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=define:Thanatophobia&spell=1]thanatophobia[/url], thats it

---

i also dont like being in big crowds but i dont think i have a phobia...

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Steven on 06-05-2006 at 01:36 AM

Who else is terrified of getting stung by a bee?

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by xJ + on 06-05-2006 at 01:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by steven5678
Who else is terrified of getting stung by a bee?
Honey bee is alright. Others, I'll kill that bee in a brutal manner!

I'm slightly claustrophobic too.
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Voldemort on 06-05-2006 at 01:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
I hate being in a crowd,

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by *Saint* on 06-05-2006 at 02:24 AM

i dont know that phobia name is if there is on, but on 4 wheelers, 3 wheelers, and motorcycles i cant stand sitting on the back while going fast or even slowly over bumpy paths, it bothers me soo much, i dont mind as much if im driving, but when someone else is i hate it

fortunatly i dont do that since i live in the city, but when i go on vacation and the people there say sit on the back ...

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by segosa on 06-05-2006 at 04:28 AM

I don't know if it counts, but as Menthix said, I'm only scared of heights if there's a chance I could fall. Although that could probably be a fear of dying, or pain? dunno... but apart from that, I don't have any phobias.

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by WDZ on 06-05-2006 at 05:47 AM

quote:
lol, how strange... O_o

Now we know Cookie's weakness!!!

[Image: foam_cushion.jpg]

[Image: foam_pillow.jpg]

:p I think it's a type of polyurethane...
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Curtis on 06-05-2006 at 06:27 AM

Achluophobia
Anthropophobia
Anuptaphobia
Cacophobia
Cypridophobia
Dishabiliophobia
Gerontophobia
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
Medomalacuphobia
Oneirogmophobia
Proctophobia
Urophobia
Zemmiphobia

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Stigmata on 06-05-2006 at 06:29 AM

I'm scared of letting other people down :(

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by user27089 on 06-05-2006 at 06:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
I'm scared of letting other people down :(

Aww <3.

I'm also claustraphobic by the way, and I guess everyone has a fear of death somewhere inside them.

I think it's more along the lines of not knowing what's going to come next.
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Mentality on 06-05-2006 at 10:39 AM

Phobea of Bee's, Wasp's & Hornets - That's right 20 years old and those are the only three things that make me cry like a little girl who's puppy just got hit by a double decked bus.

RE: RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by CookieRevised on 06-05-2006 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
quote:
lol, how strange... O_o

Now we know Cookie's weakness!!!
:P sssssshht ;)

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
[Image: foam_cushion.jpg]
[Image: foam_pillow.jpg]

:p I think it's a type of polyurethane...

It could be the second one which is what I mean... The first one looks a bit denser, which is ok.

--------------

PS: I know TB isn't claustraphobic though...  see "MoRiA's reply to Messenger Meeting, London '05" (eg: put a TB in a locker, give him some time to catch his breath, close locker and turn it around, TB can't escape anymore)
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by zach on 06-05-2006 at 11:06 AM

None.
Maybe those ones like fear of death, claustrophobic etc, but not persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Sunshine on 06-05-2006 at 11:07 AM

I'm scared of wasps for a very good reason...bad allergic (skin) reactions when stung...so if i see a wasp i will run and hide till it's gone. Infact i'm pretty much allergic to all insect stings (even mosquito ones, hearing lots of those around me can absolutely freak me out too..unless i'm safe underneath a mosquitonet ofcourse).

Other than that no real fears...altho if i see a spider (those big black speedy ones wich come in pairs) i rather have a man catch it for me then doing it myself..but i will if i have to.

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by black widow on 06-05-2006 at 11:13 AM

Arachnafobie, dentist

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Fuzzles on 06-05-2006 at 11:33 AM

i am scared of macadamia nuts......*shudders*

(I am highly allergic to them, they are fatal to me.)

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by zach on 06-05-2006 at 11:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
....even mosquito ones, hearing lots of those around me can absolutely freak me out too..unless i'm safe underneath a mosquitonet ofcourse).
Other than that no real fears...altho if i see a spider (those big black speedy ones wich come in pairs) i rather have a man catch it for me then doing it myself..but i will if i have to.
:( No outdoor adventures for you.
* zach will be here if there is a spider that needs to be caught ;)

quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzles
i am scared of macadamia nuts......*shudders*

(I am highly allergic to them, they are fatal to me.)
* zach eats macadamia nuts.
I think I have an allergic reaction (skin) to them to, along with other nuts but I like them so meh.
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by RebelSean on 06-05-2006 at 03:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I think it's more along the lines of not knowing what's going to come next.

Hit it right on the nail.
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by M73A on 06-05-2006 at 04:34 PM

>.< everyone nowadays is allergic to nuts!

the leave evans xl tour dvd:

quote:
open a bag of notes nowdays and all the children under 7 in a 5 mile radius drop to the floor stabbing themselves with fucking adrenaline shots

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by JadeRovo on 06-05-2006 at 06:49 PM

Alot of people have JadeSpammerphobia. But I am really really terrified of Bridges but not heights:s It's really weird. Also boats especially after Titanic and Posiedon. :(

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Curtis on 06-05-2006 at 10:29 PM

Do you guys even know what my phobias really are?  You will fucking laugh your ass off when you find out.

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Menthix on 06-05-2006 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by WikiPedia
A phobia is a strong, persistent fear of situations, objects, activities, or persons. The main symptom of this disorder is the excessive, unreasonable desire to avoid the feared subject.
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobia

...so?
RE: RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Curtis on 06-05-2006 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MenthiX
quote:
Originally posted by WikiPedia
A phobia is a strong, persistent fear of situations, objects, activities, or persons. The main symptom of this disorder is the excessive, unreasonable desire to avoid the feared subject.
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobia

...so?

quote:
Originally posted by Curtis
Do you guys even know what my phobias really are?  You will fucking laugh your ass off when you find out.

Google them.
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by zach on 06-06-2006 at 03:54 AM

I don't think all of these phobias are actually phobias, you just don't like them.

"strange men" :zippy:.  I dislike loud noises too, it's hard for me to pop a balloon.

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by John Anderton on 06-06-2006 at 04:35 AM

You cant expect me to bend forward off huge highrises (as long as my weight is on the building its ok ... the otherway round (even tho im protected by the safety bars) feels odd.

and then there is segophobia :P (no one else's name sounded so good with a phobia so meh :P)

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Fanta on 06-06-2006 at 05:09 PM

Spiders. Small spiders. Bigger spiders. Huge spiders. Thinking it's a spider.

Cars, airplanes, or basically any vehicle that's not driven by me.

That's about it ^^ guess I'm lucky compared to some.

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Sunshine on 06-06-2006 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
....even mosquito ones, hearing lots of those around me can absolutely freak me out too..unless i'm safe underneath a mosquitonet ofcourse).
:( No outdoor adventures for you.
Yay for good insect repellents, mosquito nets and wet/cold bandages if one does get stung ;)
quote:
* zach will be here if there is a spider that needs to be caught ;)

* Sunshine dials 0900-zach..
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by JadeRovo on 06-06-2006 at 05:17 PM

Erm also I am absolutely terrfied of Moths. I love insects and spiders though:D They are so cute. I had a pet spider in a match box but it got lost :(

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by M73A on 06-06-2006 at 05:50 PM

i really hate spiders in my room... anywhere else im fine... pick em up etc... just in my room they drive me mad!

think its cause the hole "you eat an average of 5 spiders in a lifetime" or something like that

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by JadeRovo on 06-06-2006 at 05:52 PM

Ewww I know. I don't sleep with my mouth open :D Reduce the risk

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Joa on 06-06-2006 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beamy-kitty
strange men
i'm scared of men in general. :P

other than that i'm scared of nothing
.. (A)
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by L. Coyote on 06-06-2006 at 06:47 PM

[Image: zthink.gif] I am slightly afraid of spiders, and very afraid of big crowds, talking in public, talking with mentally ill people (nothing wrong with them, though), E.T. and el chupacabras, (don't laugh [Image: dodgy.gif]), ghosts, darkness... *-) And sharp things and fire, only when someone is threatening me with them (thankfully no one does that to me anymore :tongue:)

I used to be scared of my old computer (back when I first got one). [Image: xso_tongue.gif]

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by ins4ne on 06-06-2006 at 06:47 PM

im scared of work...

RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Reaper on 06-06-2006 at 07:05 PM

Weenerphobia.

RE: RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by ins4ne on 06-06-2006 at 08:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by booneht
el chupacabras

they are disgusting!!! do they exist in real? i saw pics on google but i think they are faked because i never heard of these... things? alien pets???
RE: What phobias do you have? or what are you scared of? by Sunshine on 06-06-2006 at 10:29 PM

Hmm i guess i forgot one thing...something i really really do not like and you won't get me in with 1000 horses....

....a rollercoaster (or any other fair attraction that goes upside down)!