Shoutbox

Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? (/showthread.php?tid=60217)

Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by theiviaxx on 06-05-2006 at 06:35 PM

Fresh install and this checkbox is disabled for some reason.  I assume this is why the Tab Chat options are disabled as well.  Any help is welcome.  Thanks

[Image: disabled1zf.jpg]

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by MX-G on 06-05-2006 at 06:51 PM

do you have the lastest version of msgplus 3.60?

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by theiviaxx on 06-05-2006 at 09:57 PM

my version is 3.63.148

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by matty on 06-05-2006 at 10:01 PM

Are you using an RTL version of MSN Messenger?

Tabbed Chats Disabled in RTL Messengers - Important

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by theiviaxx on 06-05-2006 at 10:04 PM

RTL?

RE: RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by Vilkku on 06-05-2006 at 10:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by theiviaxx
RTL?

Right-to-left, meaning any language that you read from right to left, unlike English that you read from left to right.
RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by Voldemort on 06-05-2006 at 10:07 PM

RTL: Languages read from right to left.
Read the link sent by Matty please.

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by theiviaxx on 06-05-2006 at 10:08 PM

Nope, it's an English version of messenger.

i checked Regedit and enabled the "AutoGroupChats" option and it shows up in the Preferences screen, but still disabled.

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by MX-G on 06-05-2006 at 10:13 PM

Try Reset to Defaults(first save your settings ;) )

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by Vilkku on 06-05-2006 at 10:16 PM

If I remember correctly, it is possible to disable one of the bars next to the text input field that you can disable in the MSN Messenger options, and if you disable it you can't use that feature.

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by theiviaxx on 06-05-2006 at 10:18 PM

i was using MSN 5, when i upgraded to MSN 7.5 it worked.

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by MX-G on 06-05-2006 at 10:19 PM

MSN 5 :|, how you can use MSN Msg 5????^o)

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by CookieRevised on 06-06-2006 at 01:07 AM

I know I'm the big bad wolve when I say this but:
To some of those who try to help, it is very nice you try, but please only help if you know the answers.

Anyways:

quote:
Fresh install and this checkbox is disabled for some reason.  I assume this is why the Tab Chat options are disabled as well.  Any help is welcome.  Thanks

[Image: disabled1zf.jpg]
That option has got nothing todo with tabbed chats.

Tabbed chats are disabled and that "enhance toolbar" option is disabled because you were using Windows Messenger 5.

quote:
i was using MSN 5, when i upgraded to MSN 7.5 it worked.
There is no "MSN 5", nor "MSN Messenger 5" (well there was at one point, but they are long long gone). What you were using is "Windows Messenger 5".

This shows why it is important to get the names correct of the programs you use.

- The "MSN Suite" has got not much todo with "Windows Messenger", nor with "MSN Messenger".
- "Windows Messenger" is also a different program than "MSN Messenger".

If you want to use abbrivations use "msnmsgr" or "winmsgr", but not "msn".

;)

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by joemailey on 06-06-2006 at 12:13 PM

So the post you just made was stupid, you said for those who can't help don't post you didnt help you just told him what he was using.

also i thot windows messenger only went up to 4.7?

at end of the day download msn messenger 7.5 from here
http://join.msn.com/messenger/overview

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by xJ + on 06-06-2006 at 12:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey
So the post you just made was stupid, you said for those who can't help don't post you didnt help you just told him what he was using.

Windows Messenger latest version is 5.1

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by Mentality on 06-06-2006 at 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by joemailey

no he also told him why it wasn't working, that seems like helping to me :P

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by theiviaxx on 06-06-2006 at 04:12 PM

It helped.  Thanks guys.  I thought they were the same thing :/

RE: Enhance toolbar checkbox is disabled? by Matti on 06-06-2006 at 04:37 PM

quote:
It helped.  Thanks guys.  I thought they were the same thing :/
Like previously said, they weren't, they aren't, and they'll never be the same.

Windows Messenger was made by the developers at the Microsoft .NET service and looks like this. It's included with Windows XP and is more for business use.

MSN Messenger is a program of the MSN group. It's more pointed to the younger public with more exciting features and MSN Messenger needs Windows Messenger for some features to work in MSN Messenger. (That's also why we strongly recommend not to use those crappy WinMsgr removal tools. ;))

That's the reason why that feature is disabled when configuring Messenger Plus! for Windows Messenger, it's useless in Windows Messenger! :)