Shoutbox

Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? (/showthread.php?tid=60226)

Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by NiteMare on 06-05-2006 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dwergs on Mess.be
In April we predicted the Yahoo! Instant Messenger integration to go live by the end of May, after a month or so of internal testing. Messers Max Shanly and Zephyrus pointed me to a blog post by program manager Leah Pearlman in which she mentions that she only saw a fully functional Yahoo! enabled version last week. So our previous estimation was a little bit off, but I bet it's going to be a June thing.

finally, i've been interested in this for a while, i want to see how they plan on doing this
RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by Mentality on 06-05-2006 at 09:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
quote:
In April we predicted the Yahoo! Instant Messenger integration to go live by the end of May, after a month or so of internal testing. Messers Max Shanly and Zephyrus pointed me to a blog post by program manager Leah Pearlman in which she mentions that she only saw a fully functional Yahoo! enabled version last week. So our previous estimation was a little bit off, but I bet it's going to be a June thing.

finally, i've been interested in this for a while, i want to see how they plan on doing this

Integration with what?

if it's MSN messenger doesn't this already work or are we talking about WLM now - or something completly different :S

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by Max on 06-05-2006 at 09:28 PM

I reported that. :P

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by lordy on 06-05-2006 at 09:29 PM

Integration with the Yahoo! messenger servicve? :S meaning people on yahoo can add people from WLM and vice versa

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by Max on 06-05-2006 at 09:36 PM

YA RLY.

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by NiteMare on 06-05-2006 at 09:40 PM

it means that the yahoo servers and the WLM/MSN servers will be connected, allowing comunication across both clients, but they haven't really said how they will do it

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by Mentality on 06-05-2006 at 09:44 PM

sounds kewl, I don't even use yahoo but alot of people do, so makes commuting alot easier

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by Eddie on 06-06-2006 at 09:03 AM

Sounds sweet, i use Yahoo for audio because WLM major memory usage so think its gonna be sweet to use :)

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by guanako on 06-06-2006 at 02:55 PM

Old MS:P   Oct. 12, 2005  to be exact.

same with yahoo posted long time go

[Image: 10-12msnyahoo.jpg]

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by xJ + on 06-06-2006 at 03:24 PM

Ya. this news is old.
Though, both msn messenger and yahoo messenger server connection has yet to establish, still they are doing so. Till now, both messengers' servers aren't connected. This means, neither one of the messengers can be connected to each other at the moment.
When I heard this news, I tried adding my personal yahoo account on my personal msn account, the result, unsuccessful.
Tested recently, also unsuccessful.
Therefore. currently, both hotmail users and yahoo users can't be connected using msn messenger/WLM  and yahoo Messenger with voice respectively.
Just wait for the news. It'll be coming soon. very soon i hope.
* correct me if i'm wrong.

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by Menthix on 06-06-2006 at 03:54 PM

Mess.be completely forgot to link to the actual news in their post. The real news is on Inside Windows Live Messenger blog: Not Yet, But Soon: Windows Live + Yahoo!

Especially this:

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger Blog
Last week I got to check out a fully functional version of WL Messenger which could exchange IMs with a fully functional version of Yahoo!

They’ve still got some work to do – specifically final testing.

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by Stef on 06-07-2006 at 03:44 PM

yes. O_o
Phil Collins says, that the code for this integration is already done.
In the moment, intern beta testers are test this feature an it comes mid or end of summer.

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by NiteMare on 06-07-2006 at 09:16 PM

quote:
A non-Beta version of Windows Live Messenger is now listed at ideas.live.com:

"Now you can use Windows Live Messenger to talk to your friends who use Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Just sign up by clicking “Try it” below, and you’ll be on your way to having all your IM friends in one place. The world’s most popular IM network just got even bigger."
Some "frequently asked questions" from the same page:

How do I start sending messages to friends who use Yahoo! Messenger with Voice?

Once you sign up for this feature, you can add Yahoo! Messenger contacts to your contact list in the usual way. Under “Contacts,” click “Add a contact” and enter your friend’s Yahoo! e-mail address. That’s it!

Can I really talk to anyone who uses Yahoo! Messenger?

Eventually, yes, you will be able to talk to anyone who uses Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. But for now, your Yahoo! Messenger contacts will need to have the new beta version of Yahoo! Messenger with Voice in order to talk to you.

For the moment the Try it button doesn't seem to do much, but that will probably change soon.

it says its on ideas.live.com, but i can't see it:(
RE: RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by prashker on 06-07-2006 at 09:19 PM

quote:
quote:
A non-Beta version of Windows Live Messenger is now listed at ideas.live.com:

"Now you can use Windows Live Messenger to talk to your friends who use Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Just sign up by clicking “Try it” below, and you’ll be on your way to having all your IM friends in one place. The world’s most popular IM network just got even bigger."
Some "frequently asked questions" from the same page:

How do I start sending messages to friends who use Yahoo! Messenger with Voice?

Once you sign up for this feature, you can add Yahoo! Messenger contacts to your contact list in the usual way. Under “Contacts,” click “Add a contact” and enter your friend’s Yahoo! e-mail address. That’s it!

Can I really talk to anyone who uses Yahoo! Messenger?

Eventually, yes, you will be able to talk to anyone who uses Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. But for now, your Yahoo! Messenger contacts will need to have the new beta version of Yahoo! Messenger with Voice in order to talk to you.

For the moment the Try it button doesn't seem to do much, but that will probably change soon.

it says its on ideas.live.com, but i can't see it:(

[Image: attachment.php?pid=662028]

As you can see I can see it....but when I click Try It.... it brings me here

http://ideas.live.com/signup.aspx?versionId=7adb5...-81cc-685ee3e858fe

saying

Object moved to here.

the here link is the same link :sad:

http://ideas.live.com/signup.aspx?versionId=7adb5...-81cc-685ee3e858fe

edit:

quote:

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by NiteMare on 06-07-2006 at 09:33 PM

heres all i see:(

well atleast i know how to get teh sign up link off of:P

[Image: attachment.php?pid=662037]

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by Stef on 06-08-2006 at 09:22 AM

Uhm. Perhaps a test or so.

I see in German this already now.

RE: RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by rajvora on 06-08-2006 at 10:10 AM

quote:
heres all i see:(

well atleast i know how to get teh sign up link off of:P

[Image: attachment.php?pid=662037]

thts all i can get as well
RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by guanako on 06-08-2006 at 04:47 PM

hey does anyone knows how to change the language on ideas.live? i have spanish but it used to be english, i changed it on accounts.live.com but didnt do anything to ideas, anybody?

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by xJ + on 06-08-2006 at 05:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
hey does anyone knows how to change the language on ideas.live? i have spanish but it used to be english, i changed it on accounts.live.com but didnt do anything to ideas, anybody?
Try...
Internet Options > General > Languages > Add
Add the language you want and put it on top of the list.

Neither can I see the option of having yahoo! messenger integerate with WLM.
RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by Stef on 06-08-2006 at 07:08 PM

lol ? thx for this info Oo

bad bad...we in German have not so lot of them in ideas.live.com :(

RE: Yahoo! Messenger integration real real soon now? by RebelSean on 06-09-2006 at 01:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by xJ +

Neither can I see the option of having yahoo! messenger integerate with WLM.

That would be because it was put up on ideas.live.com accidentally and taken down promptly.